I come into Red Deer for business and our company has corporate accounts with a couple other hotels. We thought that we would try out the hotel as two of the sales guys from the hotel had stopped by in April to visit us and the whole staff loved them.
My experience when I arrived was that the hotel was decorated nicely and the front desk staff were ok at check in however when I left the desk that is when issues started. One of the elevators is broken and the other elevator sounds and acts like it will be broken soon. I got upstairs and they had checked me into a room that was not cleaned from the previous guest. I go downstairs and the front desk staff were apologetic and placed me in a different room which was fine. The rooms are clean but nothing at all that is extravagant considering they market it as a boutique hotel. The real kicker is the restaurant and the food. Considering this hotel is marketed as a boutique hotel I would think that the food would not only taste good but look great. This is not the case, when you open the menu it is very generic and is similar to a humpty's menu at best. I ordered my food and when it came to the table it looked awful. Nothing was presented well the food obviously is frozen and reheated and even though the server checked with me twice he got the side of fries wrong........not sure how you can get that wrong. I ate my sub par food went upstairs and the rooms were so hot you could not sleep ( as the ac does not work ).
I checked out two weeks early and went too another hotel. I have been trying to contact the General Manager however to date I have not received a response back. Obviously customer service is not a focus here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IHOTEL 67 Street features 142 deluxe guest rooms featuring King & Queen sized accommodations. We feature standard rooms with 2 Queen beds or a single King bed, Queen & King Executive Suites, Family Suites, Soaker & Jacuzzi Suites. All our guests receive complimentary Continental Breakfast as well as complimentary access to our private fitness club, Planet Fitness, with state-of-the-art equipment, large saltwater pool, hot tub & steam room. We offer complimentary local calls, newspaper, wired & wireless Internet access. Other amenities in the hotel include 2 Executive Boardrooms, 3 Ballrooms, & 20,000 square feet of meeting space, Cocktail Lounge, Business Center, Family Restaurant & Smoothy & Oxygen Bar (Planet Fitness). Nearby Taylor Center features multiple restaurants including numerous fast food, casual dining, grocery stores, casino, hardware and much more. Minutes from Edgar Industrial area, Burnt Lake Business Park, and close to Downtown Red Deer (1.5Km). Companies in close proximity to us are Trican, Nova Chemicals, BJ Services, Chrysler, Parkland Fuel Corporation, ATCO Gas, Schlumberger, Ferus, Finning and Quinn. Nearby places of interest in Red Deer include GH Dawe Community Center with Waterslide, 2 miles from downtown Red Deer, ENMAX Centrium, Kerry Wood Nature Center, Heritage Ranch, AB Sports Hall of Fame, Collicut Center, with Sylvan Lake only a short drive out of town. We look forward to welcoming you, and making your experience exceptional at the iHOTEL 67 Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your iHOTEL 67 Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn 67 Street Red Deer Hotel Red Deer
- Holiday Inn Red Deer
- Red Deer Holiday Inn
- iHOTEL 67 Street Red Deer, Alberta