“Best Stay I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Red Deer

You added Radisson Hotel Red Deer to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Red Deer
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 67 Street | (The Unofficial Center of the Universe), Red Deer, Alberta T4P 1A2, Canada (Formerly iHOTEL 67 Street)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Red Deer
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Best Stay I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I'm a platinum member and am always traveling.
Upon arrival I had the luck and pleasure to meet Carey the supervisor. She was amazing. Went over the limit to make my stay as memorable as possible. For being a platinum member she upgraded me to a Jacuzzi suite which was by far the best room I have ever stayed in.
I would like to thank Carey for being such a sweetheart and so competent at what she does and would also like to congratulate the hotel for its facilities.
Looking forward to coming back and hopefully staying in the same room :)

Raphael Melo

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for putting your review about the hotel.

It was a pleasure to know that you had a great time in our hotel and thank you for appreciating Carey for her customer service. I assure you that we will keep on giving our best for all our guest and ensure that each and every time we exceed their expectations.

I am also sure that with the renovation work on the completion, you will enjoy the hotel more with it's new look.

My self and my team look forward to welcome you back with us.

Sandeep Ghosh, Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is one of the great "New" Holiday Inns. The rooms were nice and the restaurant was really a big surprise. Try it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for putting your comments on Trip Advisor and it is really a pleasure for our team to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and as a team we assure you that we will keep the standards high and ensure we exceed our guest expectations always.

We all look forward to have you with us again.

Cochrane, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

A convenient location, but the hotel itself consistently disappointed during my 2 week stay. While the staff were friendly, there was frustratingly little actual help in resolving the constant issues. I started off in a room with no AC (it's summer) and didn't get an offer to move to another room until their maintenance guy came up and confirmed it was broken. They then tried to move me to a smoking room, which I said no to and eventually (after replacing and moving all of my own stuff) received another room with working AC (no upgrade). The main hotel and the banquet room we had booked for several weeks had no working AC for the weeks we were there. It was like being inside a greenhouse every day in a suit. They eventually gave us fans, but it was brutal. They lost one of my suits through their dry cleaning service, which was eventually found after I complained daily. I eventually gave up asking them to restock my room with dry cleaning forms and bags after asking daily and explaining to them their staff was not replacing them in my room. The hotel had terrible smells as well as having a general run down look. I particularly liked my view of the gravel roof and AC units, at least they were quiet as they were apparently not working. I would never willingly stay here again. I would have left the first day, but was forced to stay as I was attending an event at the hotel. Stay elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Hudson F,

It was really didheartening for the whole team to know that we have not met your expectations and you have to go through these inconvenience. Please accept mine and my teams sincere apologies.
I would like to thank you for bringing this issues to our knowledge and helping us to resolve these issues and to ensure that in future we keep our brand promise to exceed guest expectations.
The AC problem had been resolved and it's working fine now and had also breifed my housekeeping and front desk staff to ensure that guest requirements are the priority for us. I assure you that in future you will never have this complaint again from us.
I sincerely wish that you choose to stay with us again and give my team one more chance and I am sure that we will exceed your expectations.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Always nice and clean, with friendly and knowledgeable staff - especially Cagne. By far, one of the nicest Holiday Inns I've stayed at. The rooms, as well as the hotel amenities like the salt water pool, make it a priority for me to stay at this hotel when I'm in town.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with the Executive Suites
Dear Guest,

It gives my team and myself immense pleasure when our guest enjoys there stay with us and it is our teams top priority to strive to give our best to all the guest.

Thank you for taking some out and putting your comments on Trip Advisor.

Assure you our best always and look forward to see you with us soon.

Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times when work has brought me to Red Deer.

The location of the hotel is pretty convenient, not too far from Highway 2 & close to a lot of light industrial businesses on the north side of town. There's plenty of parking and some strip malls within walking distance for restaurants, banks, etc.

The room I stayed in was clean with enough comfortable room for 1 or 2 people. The bed was comfortable and came with the choice of soft or firm pillows (they were labeled!). The bathroom I had was spacious with a big tub, but some co-workers had rooms with much smaller bathrooms. My room also came with a mini-fridge, coffee maker & free WiFi.

The front desk staff was friendly. The bar in the lobby had TVs for watching sports and enough tables to bring large (10-12) groups together. The complimentary continental breakfast is almost hidden in a room just off the lobby. Many of my co-workers missed it completely since it looks like a small meeting room that you need your card-key to enter. Breakfast was more than adequate (I'm a light breakfast eater) with bagels, cereal, pastries, juice & coffee.

I was satisfied with my stay here at the Holiday Inn 67 St, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard have no view -- get one facing outside.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking some time out and writting in Trip Advisor.

It gies us immense pleasure to know that we met our guest expectations and in future I assure you that we will keep on exceeding the guest expectations.

We all look forward to have you here with us and I am sure that you will enjoy your stay more in your next visit in our all new renovated rooms.

Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business the week of May 7th, 2012. When I arrived to check-in I was given a snack and bottled water as a Priority member. When I arrived in my spotless room a small basket of fruit and a large bottle of Fiji water was waiting for me. Very nice extra touches. The beds are comfortable with a variety of different pillows to choose from for softer or more firm. Linens are good quality and everything smells fresh and clean. We attended the lounge in the evening for dinner and drinks. The menu is being re-vamped but the food was good and the atmosphere was nice. Nice, quiet rooms to sleep in. Free internet access with good desk space and a comfortable chair.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writting in Trip Advisor.

It is great to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the cleanliness and the personal touch in service.

Assure you that we will keep our standards high and keep on exceeding guest expectations.

Look forward to have you with us soon.

Calgary Alberta Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend conference. The room was as described - large king bed, sofa, chair, very large bathroom well appointed, small refrigerator which really worked well, good size desk, and a built in safe. The room was spotless and well maintained. Linens and towels were of good quality, bed and other furniture were modern except for the TV which was an old tube type and not a flat screen. There is no charge WI-FI in each room - high speed and it worked great. There was an extra blanket and pillow in the closet along with an ironing board and iron; excellent items to have available in every regard.
I requested via my online reservation at the Holiday Inn site a room on the top floor away from the elevators. At check in the agent said she did not see that on the request but would be happy to accommodate my request. I mentioned that I did not see a place at the Holiday Inn site to enter my loyalty card called Priority Points and she said she would be happy to make sure the number was entered and that points would be awarded.
The lobby is large and has lots of seating places including a nearby business centre for guests. There is a bar which I did not visit but looked okay from the outside. I did visit the restaurant which was very good. Each day at lunch and supper they have at least one special and I found the specials to be very good value. There is room service for the same items at a higher price.
I was travelling by Red Arrow bus and was pleased to see that this hotel is the scheduled stop for Red Arrow bus between Calgary and Red Deer and is a sometimes stop for their Calgary Edmonton service which is very convenient.
The hotel staff put a paper out by your door all days except Sunday - the one day most people would have time to read it.
The only real downside of this hotel is the complimentary breakfast room. It is advertised everywhere in the hotel and especially on their in room TV channel that the breakfast is open from 6 AM to 10 AM. I arrived at 6:10 and the eggs and sausages were not there. Other guests were waiting too and when they inquired of the staff member at 6:15 where are the sausages and eggs the reply was “you are too early". Not the answer anyone wanted to hear and poor guest relations on that score. The hot items did arrive at 6:20. One guest had to leave before they arrived with the hot food and he was clearly ticked. There is only one two slice toaster for a room of about a dozen to 15 tables. It is the slowest toaster I have ever used. It takes about 5 minutes to toast the bread. When there is only one toaster this is way too slow. There is no obvious place to put used dishes. On my first day there I found a plastic tube on a chair and used that. On my second morning there was not even the plastic tub so people were leaving dirty dishes everywhere - stacked on tables and worst of all stacking the dirty dishes by the unused dishes - double yuck ! It is self serve and self clean but there are no damp clothes to clean the tables and no staff anywhere in site. This breakfast room really needs some attention to work better. For the record there is a good choice of cereals, breads, eggs and sausages when they do arrive, juices, hot drinks, milk and fruits.
I noticed a number of guests storing their luggage at the front desk after checking out - a good service to have. They are strict on the 11 o'clock check out - I asked for an extension and was told no. There are cameras everywhere in the lobby and especially in the hallways on each floor -which I thought was great and gave me a sense of safety and security. There are different snack and vending machines on different floors but there is no gift shop in the lobby or anywhere else in the hotel for that matter.
While I did not have a car I did notice a large free parking lot. There is a gym which I was told is good. The rooms have heavy doors which close with a bang - sadly some guests actually slam the door closed causing nearby walls to tremble and making a good deal of unnecessary noise.
On the whole this is a standard Holiday Inn and I would recommend it for tourist, business and family travelers.

Room Tip: Some of the hallways are very long - if mobility impaired tell them to get a room clsoer to the elev...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writting in Trip Advisor and appreciate your detailed feedback.

I am happy that overall we were able to satisfy you during your stay and noted your feedback on the breakfast room and assure you that we had worked on it and in future you won't have any issues from our breakfast room.

Thank you again for staying with us and look forward to have you with us soon.

Sandeep Ghosh

Been to Radisson Hotel Red Deer? Share your experiences!