“Very Enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coronation Inn

Coronation Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red Deer
Coronation Inn
You added Coronation Inn to your Saves list
4707 50th Street, Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1X3, Canada   |
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Red Deer
canada
“Very Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Stanford Inn in Red Deer for the weekend while visiting family. When we checked in the front desk staff was very kind and knowledgeable. When we asked for directions they knew exactly where we were going they even printed us a map. We were given comp breakfast. The room was specacular. I have stayed in many hotels with my family and this has been one of the nicest and quitest. They had a nice East Indian buffet. it was our first time trying this type of food and the waiter was very helpful at choosing the dishes we would all enjoy. The lounge was nice it was quiet and the cocktail waitress was very friendly. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel the the location was great and close to ammenities the city had to offer. I would defently stay here again with my family or even on a business trip.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed mid-week, one night at the Stanford Inn. The staff were pleasant and helpful and what I really enjoyed - it was Quiet! We have had more than our share of noisy hotel rooms and this was welcome. The jacuzzi room was very spacious and had a huge king size bed and lcd tv. I was a little surprised by the call at 10:59 am indicating we were expected to checkout and the room could have used a more thorough cleaning. Breakfast was good, quick and generous portion included with stay. Would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

I stayed in this hotel in October 2008. The room was exceptionally clean and very comfortable. However, when I checked out I was charged more than twice the price that had been quoted to me. When I pointed that out, the elderly gentleman at the front desk attempted to correct the error. However, later when I received my credit card bill I found the original wrong charge was still there along with the corrected charge, meaning that I have paid more than three times the price that was quoted to me when I booked the room. The hotel manager has admitted to me on the telephone that there was an error, but now more than two months after my stay I have still not received a refund, and the manager is ignoring my emails and telephone messages. I will not stay here again, obviously, and I do not recommend this hotel unless you choose to pay for your stay with cash so that they have no way of overcharging your credit card.

• Liked — Cleanliness was above average.
  • Disliked — I was overcharged and have not had any success in getting a refund. There was an elderly gentleman at the front desk who appeared to have some difficulty speaking English.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

A beautiful clean suite in a beautiful clean hotel. All staff were supremely accommodating and welcoming. A glitch in the hotel reservation system caused some concern, but we were impressed with staff who all pitched in to resolve the error! And a full hot breakfast in the morning, ordered and served at our table by a smiling hostess was wonderful .Absolutely no hesistation in recommending this hotel.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable room, superb staff
  • Disliked — No complaints here; but as a family with kids, ordinarily we would want to have a pool/hot tub;
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2006

Generally, this hotel is ok. The rooms was of adequate size and comfort. All the usual amenities. Some of the rooms were in need of renovation, however. Some big cieling stains and numerous carpet stains. The bathroom had been recently renovated, however, when I opened the toilet lid in the bathroom, I was greeted to a nice suprise. Somebody hadn't flushed which led me to believe that they hadn't cleaned everything very well or they would have see the last guest's departing gift in the toilet. I found the rooms to be very quiet and the temperature control for the room worked very well. The bed was clean and comfortable. There is a cafe/diner on the main floor, but we didn't eat there so can't comment on it. I feel sorry for the people staying in the rooms near the ice machine on our floor as it provided a symphony of loud wounded mechanical sounds and groans. The location of the hotel is very central and next to a casino in downtown Red Deer. I'd stay here again if I got a good deal on the room but not if I was trying to impress someone.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Been to Coronation Inn? Share your experiences!