“Great Accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Red Deer
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great Accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

I arrived early and tried for an early check in, the first front desk clerk said there was nothing available so I went to the lounge for a couple of drinks. So after that I talked to a different front desk clerk and she put me into a King Suite which was quite nice and big with two TV's.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
StellartonNS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Lodge. For me the staff put them over the top. Their friendly helpful attitude make you want to go back time after time. They have some great new and different items on their menu in the dining room and the bar (Sharks) has an exciting atmosphere. It does need some renovations but it looks like they have started to deal with those issues.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — convenience
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2006

What a great hotel, and the staff were simply over the top. They have a Guest Experince leader who greated me in the lobby of very cold -35 degree day with a smile that made me feel warm all over. the hotel is not brand new,, and needs some reno's but they make up for it with their service.
it is good value for the money and I will for sure stay there agian

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2006

Rooms are adequate. They call themselves a business hotel and only have dial up in the rooms which is disappointing. Food is horrible, make sure you don't eat the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2006

I would not recomend this hotel to anyone. Disorganized staff and the room was not not made up on check-in. I cancelled my reservation, and went to the Holiday Inn. Which was awsome.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

I don't understand all the negative reviews about this place. It is such a beautiful place, with wonderful rooms. I have stayed in both the Tower and the Courtyard. And the Tower is much nicer, but the courtyard's view is nicer. The courtyard, pool and Restaraunt are great. With very nice plants. The staff have done a great job at keeping the Courtyard nice.

There is also a games room, and excersise room, both are great!

The Restaraunt's Buffet is excellent. And truely there is nothing wrong with this place. Sure, it could use a bit of work here and there. But all the common places are clean!

This is the place to stay in Red Deer if you want a fancy hotel.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

I stayed at the RDL with two other ladies. It was a girls weekend away/conference and we were looking forward to a really nice time. My friend booked this based on some reviews from 'friends' and the website pictures, what a HUGE disappointment.

We were 'upgraded' from the tower to a courtyard family suite. The check in clerk must have been new as she gave three grown women, one real bed and a set of bunkbeds! Guess where two of us slept?! The bunks were nasty to sleep on, the matress felt like a foam one from Ikea or something with an egg crate topper on it. The floor was SO dirty we didn't dare take off our shoes, beyond gross! When we first arrived our 'clean' bathroom had a toilet with yellow dots all over the seat and 'skid' marks in the bowl. After they re-cleaned it we found out the skid mark's were permanent. The tub taps dripped constantly. The room was either really hot or really cold, no happy medium. We had a beetle make a break for it, but at first we weren't sure if it was a bug or another stain on the disgusting carpet. There was at least a 2 inch gap at the bottom of the door with doesn't make me feel all that safe, and it let in A LOT of noise. You could hear every word our neighbours said, good thing it was a family or we'd have been blushing a lot. It was SO dim in our room even with all the lights on it was difficult to read a book. The pool for us was clean as was the hot tub. The only redeeming thing in the place. The pool towels were obviously the retired room towels and were threadbare and had strands falling down. For $130 a night I was horrified! I did complain and got the bill down to $93 but I will NEVER EVER EVER stay there again.

• Stayed April 2006
RedDeerSales, Director of Sales at Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 30, 2008
The Red Deer Lodge has completed a 4 million dollar renovation of all 124 courtyard guestrooms in the summer of 2008. This renovation included new plush carpets, new modern dark wood furniture, new beds and luxurious white bedding, new wall coverings and artwork, granite vanities and tile flooring in the bathrooms. In room climate controls were installed in each guestroom to ensure the comfort of all guests.

I would invite these ladies to try us again. They may have stayed with us on a night where the only room available was the family suite. This room is perfect for families and kids love the new bunk beds, but we have many other room types that would accommodate these ladies needs much better.

Been to Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!