“Surprise Service?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 hotels in Red Deer
Langley City, Canada
“Surprise Service?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We really enjoyed the afternoon cookies or pastries and infused water offered for guest enjoyment! I thought this was a very nice touch! It would have been handy to have a bar fridge in the room. The bathroom fan was not working and other "conference" attendees had mentioned their room bathroom fan was not working or was working.... but very noisy. I did note there was an 'expired' dated Starbucks coffee packet by the coffee machine. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We truly appreciate your business and feedback!
The afternoon treats and beverages in our lobby are a new addition; we are delighted that you enjoyed this little touch.
You had mentioned that you would love to have a fridge in your room, our guests have spoken and we have listened, we have just placed an order for one fridge for each of our 241 guestrooms. Expect to see fridges by fall!
I am sorry to hear that you found expired coffee in your guestroom. I have mentioned this to our executive housekeeper and our housekeeping team is on the lookout for expired coffee. You will not experience this in future stays.
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay, we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

After a horrendous experience at Sandman Calgary Airport I had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Red Deer. Front desk staff (Morgan) was very pleasant. My room was what a hotel room should be: clean, unsoiled towels, robe and all the amenities one would expect. Oh and two bottles of water and Starbucks coffee! The air conditioner was almost silent unlike the John Deer model in the previous hotel. Thank you Sheraton!!

• Stayed May 2013
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank You for your review!
I am sorry to hear that you had a terrible experience at our competition in Calgary, but delighted to hear that your visit to Sheraton Red Deer Hotel was Flawless!
We strive for excellence and pride ourselves on our great customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time your travels take you through Red Deer.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been here for the occasional conference (decent facilities there) but have never stayed at the hotel. For my first time, I'm glad it was under the new ownership with Sheraton. Rooms are quite up to date and super clean. The bed was amazing! I was only there for one night, but would be comfortable spending a longer stay there if the opportunity arises.

The bathroom, shower, ironing, etc all good....
wifi was pretty dependable and the access to services on Gaetz is pretty easy to navigate.
Each and every staff member I interacted with were thoroughly pleasant and professional! Real good team here!

Room Tip: I dont believe the choice of room is overly important, but if you like a sunrise....ask for a room w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our property.
We truly appreciate the kind and positive words you used to describe your experience at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel. I have to agree with you on the comfort level of our beds, it is hard to get out of such a comfortable bed in the morning. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

With the Sheraton name and prices I expected an upscale hotel, but was highly disappointed. The rooms furnishings were updated, the room clean, and the bed comfortable, but that's about it. The room had been advertised as having a fridge when I booked online, but there was no fridge. The lighting is cheap and dim. The bathroom had soap, shampoo, and rinse - that's it. The walls were thin making hall and room noise from other guests noticeable. There were no hygiene bags for the ice bucket.

There are a lot of hotels in Red Deer which are nicer and offer a lot better value. This hotel wasn't horrible, but considering the name and price the value sure isn't there. Unless you have a reason to stay at this property I'd give it a pass.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for reviewing our hotel.
I am disappointed to hear that you felt your guest room was missing some bathroom amenities. Every guest room is supplied with the basics such as bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion etc. Our upgraded club rooms include added amenities such as shower sponges, sewing kits, mouthwash, shaving cream, house coats and more. If ever you need anything to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask our friendly front desk associates.
You had mentioned your ice bucket did not have a sanitary liner, I sincerely apologise that you were not supplied with an ice bucket liner. I have followed up with our housekeeping team to ensure this element is not missed.
Your business is important to us; we hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to Red Deer.
Cocoa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a meeting of Business Networks members at the Sheraton Red Deer from April 27 - May 1, 2013. During the meetings everyone in our group was extremely pleased with the superior customer service provided by Laura in Convention Services. While she offered great support she also made us feel like she was genuinely happy that we were there. Not something people experience often. I would definitely recommend the Sheraton Red Deer for their convention services. Hey Laura, great weather, water & fun in Florida... I'll hire you in a second. I'm just saying...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review!
We are glad to hear that you had a great conference and visit to the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel. Lara is truly a valued associate who knows what customer service is all about. We look forward to welcoming you back to Red Deer!
Yuma, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I spent four nights at the Sheraton Hotel in Red Deer and am surprised that it is a Sheraton. The hotel itself is quite tired and no amount of new paint will cover up its age. The rooms are small and although well furnished, everything is more motel quality. Bathrooms are dark and the fans don't work. There aren't enough plug ins for our electronic age and the halls are a bit old smelling. The rooms are serviced very inconsistently. One day soap one day sugar one day shampoo. Nothing the same for 4 days. The conference centre staff are very international, mostly Filipinos and Conganese. Friendly and kind hearted but painfully slow, not very interactive and spend a lot of time visiting with each other instead of clearing tables or replenishing items. The lobby bar was always busy but the staff were always chatting and didn't clean the tables well. The breakfast buffet was dry and unimaginative. It has more the feeling of a far north crew hotel than a Sheraton. I do realize it is now a Sheraton but it still feels like the old Capri!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel.
I have presented your comments to our executive team for further discussion. If your travel schedule brings you back to Red Deer, I would be happy to discuss your concerns in person.
Gil Vallee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Me, my husband and our two girls stayed here while my husband did meetings and courses! I LOVED the hotel. It was very clean. The staff (Cassie,Morgan and Vicky just to name a few) were all great and went out of their way to Make sure my girls weren't bored! The Joes Deli was awesome. Cheap and delicious! Next time we are here we will stay here for sure. And the only thing we were disappointed with was the outdoor pool which the manager assured me would be indoor by next year! Thank you again!

• Stayed April 2013
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for such a positive review.
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of Sheraton Red Deer Hotel with us and the world.
Although we have plans to renovate our pool area and place a roof over the pool, no one is 100% sure when this project will start or be completed. We are just as excited as you are to have a covered pool. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel!

Been to Sheraton Red Deer Hotel? Share your experiences!