We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a weekend while attending a wedding reception. We had booked a suite which cost around $150/night.
The outside of the hotel is nice and new and the lobby and hallways look brand new, but this must be a renovated hotel - the rooms looked updated, but not fresh and new. The walls had patterns that looked a little stale and the colours were more 1990s. However, everything was very clean and well-kept. The suites have a living area with sofa-bed, mini fridge, bar area (with sink) and microwave with a separate adjoining room for the bedroom. Beds were very comfy. There were 2 TV's but my husband claimed the 'good one' was out in the living area, while the bedroom TV was smaller and lower quality. The channels were also difficult to navigate in the bedroom, and there were much fewer options. Not the end of the world.
We peeked at the pool, which was a standard hotel pool and seemed average, but when my sister wanted to swim with her little one mid-morning, they were unfortunately cleaning and adding chemical, so they didn't get a chance to use it.
Parking was great - we were able to get a spot close to the additional keyed door quite easily despite coming and going. The front desk staff were very pleasant and quickly accessed our room number without any fuss or wasted time. It was actually fairly quiet (for a hotel) and rooms seemed better insulated from noise than we've usually experienced. Comfort Inn is very close to the Mall and to several restaurants, which was very convenient when you needed to run to Target for Tylenol or grab at coffee next door at Tim Horton's in the morning. Easily walking distance. There is also a Safeway and a Superstore less than a minute away.
Overall, it was a nice stay for a decent price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2011 Choice Hotels Platinum Award Winner! We invite business travelers, family vacationers, and couples seeking a romantic getaway to experience decidedly different lodging at our ultra-friendly Medicine Hat, Alberta hotel. Guests are afforded an abundance of amenities including free continental breakfast, free coffee, free local calls and free wireless high-speed Internet access. An exercise room, indoor pool and hot tub are also available. Business travelers will welcome additional conveniences like the hotel's business center, containing a computer with Internet access, meeting rooms capable of handling up to 50 people, and access to teleconference, copy and fax services. All guest rooms are air conditioned and come equipped with computer hook-ups, cable television and coffee makers. Select rooms are designated non-smoking. Whether business or pleasure brings you to the area, the Comfort Inn & Suites hotel is the perfect place to stay on your next trip to Medicine Hat. We look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Medicine Hat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Hotel Medicine Hat
- Comfort Inn Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn & Suites Medicine Hat Alberta