“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   954 7th Street SW, Medicine Hat, Alberta T1A 7R7, Canada (Formerly Executive on the Ridge Hotel & Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Winnipeg
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight passing through town. It is under renovations in some areas but the rooms (king room) was clean and had lots of room. All the amenities were great including the kierig coffee maker in room. Bed a bit firm but comfy. Linens clean etc. Room was modern. I would def stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lynn D, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 11, 2015
Dear CarebearWinnipeg, thank you for staying with us and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our Bistro is now open and we are very happy to offer a full compliment of food and family friendly until 9 PM. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had business in Medicine Hat and stayed at this hotel. Staff said renovating to become a Clarion. I had a great sleep, quiet, great bed. My room had a fridge and microwave as well as a Keurig coffee maker. Breakfast real eggs, pancakes all the other stuff. My rate was very reasonable for all amenities. They have bikes for guests to use so will be prepared for my next visit. Didn't use pool area or gym but looked great.
All in all would highly recommend. Hotel easy to get to, first hotel you see arriving from Calgary. I rarely travel with my dog but staff said I could.
I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello Discotrip, many thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are working hard at trying to be the best sleep experience in Medicine Hat!

We hope to see you again soon,
Lynn Deis
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We recently reserved two rooms for a party of three. The rooms were very modern with all amenities and absolutely spotless. The beds were extremely comfortable with luxurious sheets and large comfortable pillows. The staff were very courteous and knowledgeable about services and local amenities. This hotel is very well situated on the number 1 highway, being the main artery through Medicine Hat, with fast food, family and high end restaurants all located within a two block radius. We were all very impressed with the superior accommodation and would recommend it to all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Dave O. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We receive many comments about how comfy our beds and pillows are. The beds are all new and our pillows come with 2 soft and 2 firm on each bed.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,
Lynn Deis
Alfred, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had to stay overnite due to wife being hospitalized for the day. For less than $100 I did not expect too much. BUT the room was spacious with all amenities. Very clean with quality sheets and towels. The breakfast in the am was very good and included bacon and scrambled eggs. Service staff were extremely helpful since we had to stay on the second floor (elevator broke same day). Staff helped me get bags up to the room. I only gave an overall rating of 4/5 due to the elevator problem otherwise it would have been 5/5. Highly recommend this facility. Good location right off main highway. Excellent restaurant across the street.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had stayed at the Quality Inn while looking for a house in Medicine Hat about two years ago. My experience was not great. I found the hotel to be dated and the staff to be less than accommodating. I now reside in Medicine Hat and recently had family visit for several days. My children and I stayed at what is now the Executive on the Ridge (Ownership apparently changed hands about a month or so ago) with the visiting family members and had a fantastic experience. The rooms are exceptionally clean, many renovations and upgrades are currently under way, the staff very accommodating and the morning brunch was great. Staff gave us a tour of the meeting rooms and banquet facilities as well. I will definitely be considering this hotel for future business needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was my first experience at this hotel - it is a fantastic value for money! Have stayed at other hotels in Medicine Hat - I understand that this hotel is under new management and they have plans for refurbishing this hotel - which would give me more value for my dollars! I plan to stay here again soon!

The staff at the hotel were friendly and attentive - the breakfast was excellent!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

So for those who don't know, this hotel is no longer a quality inn it is now called executive on the ridge. I'm currently staying at this hotel and am awaiting the outcome of the fact someone had stolen my watch from my room while I was gone for the day. I brought this to the attention of the front desk as soon as I found out and was told that the manager would take care of it the next morning. I went back today during work hours and talked to a different lady at the front desk and was told the "NEW" owners are out of town and should return today sometime and they will make the decision on what is going to be done about this. Needless to say I'm not very pleased with the situation at the moment and I told them that this has to be resolved to my satisfaction. The only person who had access to my room was the cleaning lady on that floor, she was asked about it when she came on shift and of course denied knowing anything about my watch. They do not leave doors open while cleaning rooms in this hotel, so as far as I'm concerned it's easy to point a finger. If matters are takin care of to my satisfaction I will post an update later, if not you can know for certain to never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!