“Looks can be deceiving” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa

You added Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa to your Saves list
Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 Ross Glen Drive SE, Medicine Hat, Alberta T1B 3T8, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
CAD117 (CAD)
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Medicine Hat
“Looks can be deceiving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stayed here a few days. I was on night shift which made sleeping during the day impossible due to the noise from the pool. The hallways and rooms were very hot and muggy. The restaurant was fantastic with excellent service. Staff were reasonably accommodating. My room card stopped working so I had it reprogrammed. And still didn't work. Was told maintenance was on their way. Waited awhile before my roommate managed through trying relentlessly to get the door open. Maintenance never showed up. Parking lot was more then accommodating with alot of options for shopping or dining in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Selkirk, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We were travelling home to Manitoba from Banff and wanted to break up our drive
The water slides were ok but a lot of adults lingered at the bottom of the slides making it tricky when the kids hit the water
The room and the hallways were very hot and the a/c didn't even make a dent
The jets in the hot tub ( the only real spot for adults) didn't work
According to the website there was an outdoor hot tub which we never could locate
The exit door closet to our room didn't lock and when we inquired about it we were advised " maintenance knows about it"
Also the in room movie system played previews of yet to be released movies (very exciting for a child) and when we tried to select a movie it didn't work and when we inquired about it we were advised that it wasn't available here. Small things if it had been only one issue but the compilation of these issues made our stay less than pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014
Melfort, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed there with my granddaughters for their very first vacation. Check in started well and went badly in a hurry when the room cards would not work. I am forever grateful to the family in the room across from ours that watched over my 6 and 3 year old grandchildren while I ran down a hallway and down the elevator... not once, but FOUR times!!! The irony is that there was up to 3 other guests having the same problems and one in particular said it was happening daily; and the girls at the desk were not trained to handle these situations well and didn't even offer an apology for the inconvenience to any of the guests I witnessed. When i did get access to my room, i couldn't turn on the first light as it was burnt out and the room was alright and was for the most part updated furniture. It took me approximately 10 minutes to reach room service as there are 3 different numbers listed.... one number is listed in typing on the top of the phone (which is wrong), there is a button to press on the phone for room service (which is also not connected) and finally there is a listing in the room guide if you choose to search which will connect you to be placed on hold. The food itself was very good and fast once you are able to order. The mini-fridge had a large amount of ice and was not cooling properly, the batteries in the remote died (of course when the kids had the volume at 44 and the buttons on the side of the television would not work)! WARNING! unless you have won the lottery, do not order a movie! $ 16.99 for a kids movie was a little over the edge! I tried at to reach the front desk via phone and personally over a period beginning at 4am looking for childrens Tylenol for a sick child and was unsuccessful. When i personally carried her to the front desk, i was assured by the 7-8 drunk Australians in the entry that they had not seen anyone for awhile even though the sign placed on the desk stated "Back in 5 minutes". The upside was the pool and the souvenir shop. The pool area was well kept and family friendly. We had a great time in the pool and the ladies in the souvenir shop were very friendly and their selection and prices were great. Bottom line, if i didn't have the kids with me i would never stay there again.

Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed there last night. What can I say...

Staff: Everyone I dealt with was friendly, no problems there, 5 stars.

Room: We stayed on the second floor overlooking the pool. It's definitely noisy but that's OK because it quiets down right at 10pm. Most furnishings were updated, the room was painted, I didn't notice if the mattress was new, I don't think it was. There were two sinks, they along with the countertops were new.The carpet was not new, but overall the room was obviously updated, hopefully they can finish all the updates by replacing the carpet, tub, toilet, and maybe mattress. Overall I rated the cleanliness "Very Good". There was a mini fridge which is always nice to have. Boy they need to replace the toilet, it's an older one, must be 12-20 liters per flush. Management would be saving money from day one by replacing the toilets. I recently installed a 3 liter toilet (Proficiency) in my house so it hurt a little having to flush that beast at the hotel. I could hear the baby whales crying LOL. The tub drained slowly, which I informed staff of at checkout. I found the pillows too thick and hard, I wound up just sleeping without a pillow, I prefer softer thinner pillows but that's a personal thing.

Other: I did not visit the casino, but I did get free breakfast vouchers. For the breakfast buffet, we were seated quickly, ate, and left soon. Nothing unusual here, standard buffet of breakfast items (fruit, eggs, sausage, etc). The waterpark is amazing for the kids, there are two slides, hot tub, pool, etc.

Bottom line, I would stay there again, it's not the best or worst hotel I've stayed at but with kids it's the place to stay for the waterpark alone.

Room Tip: If you have kids, try to get a pool side main floor room.
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed here overnight on our way home, we've stayed here before. The hotel is undergoing renovations which are long over due. We stayed in a pool side room that was just freshly renovated so it did smell like renovations but the furniture in the rooms and the bed are all new. Gives it a very modern look. The bathrooms didn't look like they'd been renovated however. We really enjoy staying here as we have two kids - teen kids but they still enjoy the water slides. If you like to gamble having the casino attached to the hotel is nice too. Overall it was a great stay and we really enjoyed the pool side room.

Room Tip: If you have kids, paying the extra $20-$30 for pool side is worth it.
Swift Current
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had not been here for awhile so decided to do an over night trip. What a shock from when we had last been. It is like I keep saying these hotels need to smarten up & fix things immediately ! We don't let our houses get that run down, it is upkeep all the time. They are renovating & I hope it is a complete redo. Our room smelled old & dusty, the sheets old & thin, mattress not great! Some areas were just dirty! Clean people clean. Call ahead before you stay to see if reno's are done. The casino was good , & we ate in the bar. It was good. If they get it cleaned up we will return.

Room Tip: I think it depends on what night you stay. We were there on a Sunday night so it was quiet. We were...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I went there just for night and got a Jacuzzi suite. BRandon Turner was very help[ful and very pleasant to deal with. he called our room to make sure the room good for us and he insisted that if we needed anything to call the front desk and ask for him. he even let us know what he worked til so we knew. he even followed up with us the next day to make sure we were happy with our stay.we will differently be back and make sure he is working when we go. thank you again teresa

Room Tip: south side is newer and very nice even though there was construction it was very quiet and clean
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!