We stayed there last night. What can I say...
Staff: Everyone I dealt with was friendly, no problems there, 5 stars.
Room: We stayed on the second floor overlooking the pool. It's definitely noisy but that's OK because it quiets down right at 10pm. Most furnishings were updated, the room was painted, I didn't notice if the mattress was new, I don't think it was. There were two sinks, they along with the countertops were new.The carpet was not new, but overall the room was obviously updated, hopefully they can finish all the updates by replacing the carpet, tub, toilet, and maybe mattress. Overall I rated the cleanliness "Very Good". There was a mini fridge which is always nice to have. Boy they need to replace the toilet, it's an older one, must be 12-20 liters per flush. Management would be saving money from day one by replacing the toilets. I recently installed a 3 liter toilet (Proficiency) in my house so it hurt a little having to flush that beast at the hotel. I could hear the baby whales crying LOL. The tub drained slowly, which I informed staff of at checkout. I found the pillows too thick and hard, I wound up just sleeping without a pillow, I prefer softer thinner pillows but that's a personal thing.
Other: I did not visit the casino, but I did get free breakfast vouchers. For the breakfast buffet, we were seated quickly, ate, and left soon. Nothing unusual here, standard buffet of breakfast items (fruit, eggs, sausage, etc). The waterpark is amazing for the kids, there are two slides, hot tub, pool, etc.
Bottom line, I would stay there again, it's not the best or worst hotel I've stayed at but with kids it's the place to stay for the waterpark alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa is southern Alberta's only four star resort and largest entertainment complex. We are proud to offer a variety of amenities including guest rooms and luxury suites, banquet & meeting facilities, a buffet restaurant, lounges, fine dining, giant indoor water slide park, exercise facility, one of Canada's top spas, a full service casino and so much more! We have something for everyone, all under one roof! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino And Spa
- Medicine Hat Lodge Hotel Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat Hotel
- Medicine Hat Resort
- Medicine Hat Lodge Resort, Casino & Spa Alberta