I stayed for two nights one weekend and another the following week. I booked through Hotels.com and got a reasonable rate, and expected to get what I paid for. Well, I have to say that the rooms were good - not flashy and like hundreds of others I have stayed at, which is okay - The room was comfortable and I found the king size bed very comfortable. There is a pool and hot tub that I used one evening - on the weekends there tends to be a lot of little ones, so that may put you off. They offer a breakfast in the morning - basic scrambled eggs with muffins, bagels and toast along with coffee and juices - it was a good basic continental breakfast. There seems to be a difference between the two rooms I had when staying there - the first stay had me at the back of the motel where a lot of oil workers were hanging out - these rooms were non smoking, but you could tell there was smoking there in the past. It wasn't overwhelming but noticeable. The second room I had was on the other side of the facility and this room had the same layout, but the room was far nicer and no smell at all.
If you want a inexpensive sleep with a few nice touches like the pool and breakfast, don't hesitate to stay here. If you are a little sensitive, perhaps you should stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Owners and management. Imperial Inn is completing major renovations to proved our guest with clean modern facilities. New carpet, bedding, drapes, air conditioning, 35 renovated kitchenettes complete with laminated flooring and full size fridge and stove. We offer hot items in our Breakfast Bar. Fresh coffee served 24 hours. All rooms are equipped with coffee pots, microwaves, fridges, high speed internet and hair blowers. Beefeater Steak House on property.We are walking distance to Tim Horton's, London Drugs, Co-op Market Place, Liquor store, Pizza Hut, Ralph's Texas Bar and Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Imperial Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Medicine Hat
- Imperial Motor Inn Medicine Hat, Alberta