“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in Medicine Hat
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here on our trip to Banff and one on our return trip. The staff are incredible! The front desk was incredible so friendly and so helpful. The breakfast bar guy was awesome he was so friendly and was great with our kiddio as well. We enjoyed how we were treated so well we booked the 2nd night upon checkout for our return trip. We were lucky to get a huge room over looking the back while it was not much of a view it was super quiet. The beds were awesome, the pillows awesome. The 1st room we got was beginging to need a few updates but was super clean and they were bringing in new furniture as we were checking in to surrounding rooms. the room we got the 2nd night was pool side and was nicely refinished and super clean. It may not have waterslides or be a new hotel but the upkeep is nice its clean and it is being refinished and the staff is amazing. The happy staff is worth the stay alone! we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013
bwplussc, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for completing your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Prince Albert, Sask.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

One of the few Best Westerns that provides upgrades to loyal guests ...... wonderful experience as usual. Excellent full breakfast ...... kitchen area and rooms are very clean and tidy. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your loyalty is very important not only to our brand but our entire team here in Medicine Hat.
We thank you for taking time to post your review and certainly look forward to your next visit with us so we can once again make it a wonderful experience.
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Let me preface this with the fact that everyone I met at the hotel was friendly and helpful. I had no issues whatsoever from the very helpful staff.
This hotel is circa 1950 or 1960 and in serious need of MUCH more than a facelift! The rooms are old with carpet that has seen better days (in the 1970s)!
Amazing to see a room so run down yet have the newest in TV technology...seemed a bit off. They should simply provide 12" B&W CRT TVs to make the feeling complete.
Cmon Best Western get with it and fix this place up, at least move it into the 90s.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bwplussc, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Being our hotel is so large renovations are required to be done in sections. Please know many areas of the hotel have been updated in fact as we speak installation of new cased goods and TV's are taking place. I invite you revisit us in the future to see our changes as we will do our very best to ensure your stay with us is pleasant.

Thank you from our entire team.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for a tournament. The staff was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. They allowed us to have complimentary late checkout on a couple rooms given we had a late Sunday game and they were very helpful in letting us use the breakfast area and other facilities for our team meals. The breakfast staff were very friendly and made sure that our girls and the other teams that were staying there that weekend were all well fed with lots of hot food. Our room was a bit dated and not terribly large, but it was clean and quiet so more than fit the bill for what we needed that weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
bwplussc, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Your review is much appreciated and we thank you for taking time to let our future guests know about your experience with us.

It’s always great to hear how accommodating and friendly our staff is. The team here works very hard to ensure we provide a comfortable, clean and friendly atmosphere for all our guests regardless if it is for one night or an entire month. Our rooms range from compact to over size with vaulted ceilings meeting almost every travelers needs.

We are excited to let you know that we are working towards updating the decor in some of our rooms starting with new furniture and more to follow in the months to come.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
CALGARY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We came to Medicine hat for a hockey tournament, it was my first time in medicine hat as well, when I call to book the rooms, the staff had told me this hotel was new.
When I arrived in the lobby I had noticed thick dust on the light fixers, It did not look new at all, I had commented to the staff that it doesn't look new, she responded "Half the building was renovated 10 years ago" my room was old their were bugs , black mold behind the curtains and in the shower, curtains have holes in them.my towels were frayed.
There are two pools and two hot tubs.One pool worked one one side of the building and one hot tub worked take a guess on the other side of the building.
Then we decided to walk across the street to the liquor store.We had a nice chat with the clerk...I had commented how dirty the area seemed, he had told me its one of the most undesirable areas to be in, and then told me to not let my kids wander at night because its not safe.
I advise you to stay away!! The hotels closer to town are much better.Trust me I book hotels yearly for my kids tournaments.When you are reading all the bad reviews they are all true.I also reported them to Best western Head office.One more thing, they called my room complaining that the team was running down the hall , I told her that's impossible because half of the team was in my room playing a video game and the other half was next store watching a movie..then she tells me that there are know other sports teams staying here.Pretty interesting considering I had a conversation the next day with two coaches from another team that were staying here.So basally the staff was lying to me and were not sure who was making the noise.Let me not forget to say, she was extremely rude to me.

I would rather sleep in my car then stay here!!

If you like to be dirty then this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
bwplussc, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and concerns. I appreciate your taking the time to post your opinion and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine service and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in.

We appreciate your patronage and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.
Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This suite was large with a separate bedroom with a king size bed. The queen size beds in the main room were a little too soft however the suite was well priced and the breakfast host was totally outstanding. Very helpful and friendly staff overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwplussc, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad you were able to experience our Family Suite! This is one of the staff’s favorite rooms as it accommodates up to six people very comfortably yet offers some privacy at the same time. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and certainly look forward to your return visit with us.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sun Country? Share your experiences!