“A Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge

You added Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4073 Second Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 2Z3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Lethbridge
Penticton, Canada
“A Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I selected this property via Booking.com for a four night stay while visiting relatives. The hotel was easy to locate right off the main east / west highway situated in more or less an industrial area. It is close to a Casino, but not to any restaurants although this was not a problem or concern as there are quite a number of excellent ones to choose from a short drive away.
We were greeted in a very friendly manner by the front desk staff and our check-in was efficient. We found our room to be reasonably spacious, and very clean with a large king size bed. The bathroom was clean and well appointed with a large walk-in shower. Our sleep quality over our stay was excellent, with absolutely no disturbing noises from either the hallway or outside. The hotel provided a very tasty breakfast each morning with a menu which was changed daily and offered a very good variety of items including fresh fruit. The breakfast room itself was wonderful, very inviting, and relaxing. We used the pool and hot tub on one occasion to entertain our two small grandchildren and they and we had a ball using the water-slide. Overall we consider our choice of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Lethbridge to have been a very wise one. We would certainly recommend it to others and we will book it on our next visit.

Room Tip: Go down the water slide feet first. Head first you are very likely to lose your bathing suit....ser...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig U, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay we appreciate your feedback and I am pleased it seems you were satisified with your stay. Please come visit us again.

Craig Usher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel staff went out of there way to make sure you felt welcomed and helped in any way possible. Breakfast was different every morning and was tasty. Hotel is well maintained and very clean inside and out. There is a casino right across the street for nearby entertainment. Overall a great place to stay. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. Truly a great place to stay for short or extended stays.

Room Tip: I stayed on the fourth floor and it was very quite. Bed was quite comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay we appreciate your feedback and am thrilled to see that you were looked after and satisfied with your stay.. Please come visit us again.

Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night on April 15th en route to Edmonton. Hotel was a bit off the strip - not much around it but restaurants are all within 10 minutes of the hotel. Front desk staff was very friendly - check-in was painless. Room was clean - bedding was really fresh and smelled so nice! Nothing is better than clean fresh linens on the bed! We did not experience any noise, but we kept the fan on during the night as it provides a white noise. (Nice that we could do that as many hotels do not have this feature and often the fan kicks in and out all night making for a terrible sleep). The breakfast area was the nicest we have ever seen; the food selection was very good and the meal we chose to have was very tasty. The breakfast area was well attended with a very friendly young lady who not only made sure the breakfast items were not running low, she also asked if there was anything in particular we were looking for, and then came around and cleared away our plates. Nice touch.

My only criticisms are that the bed coverlet/duvet was a bit lumpy - it seemed as though the batting inside had all balled up in the 6x6 squares so it was heavy in places and thin in others. The other thing was that our bathtub drain (Room 312) did not drain fast enough to keep up with the shower flow, leaving one standing in soap scum shower water....not the most pleasant way to start your day.

The price of the room was quite high in my opinion, but with our AMA discount, it was do-able. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent stay we appreciate your feedback and I have addressed your duvet concenrs with our housekeeping team and we will work to correct this. Please come visit us again.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

over all it was good - the room had an unusual odor and we couldn't open the window - which was likely just as well as we were on the ground level. The breakfast was tasty and offered some healthy options although some family members thought the pancakes were vile.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of your recent stay we appreciate your feedback and I will adress the room odor issues with my housekeeping and engineering team. Please come visist us again and if you would like to discuss any further items please email me at craig.usher@hilton.com

St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a nice new hotel with excellent service and large comfortable rooms. The staff were welcoming, the coffee was available 24/7, and the breakfast was excellent. The breakfast nook was large and the food included omelettes, scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, toast, fruit, and juices plus cereals and yogurt -- a great variety for a complimentary breakfast. There was a nice large hot tub, plus a small pool and water slide for the kids. The only drawback was it's location -- not terribly attractive since it had storage lots on both sides. However, it was close to the casino for those who enjoy gambling. Our children and small grandchildren enjoyed their weekend stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent stay we appreciate your feedback and am thrilled you loved out complimentary full hot breakfast. Please come visist us again and try our other breakfast items.

Saskatchewan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in room 424 on April 6, 2013. We were travelling with our three year old granddaughter, we informed the front desk of this and they gave us a room on the fourth floor with only a shower, no tub, we were told there were only two rooms left when we checked in, so perhaps there was nothing left with a tub, but it would have been nice to know before hand. We were just into our room about 15 min when the front desk phoned that the room below us complained someone was walking too loudly above them. The only one walking around was our 32 lb granddaughter. We spent the rest of the evening telling our well behaved grandchild that she had to be quieter. We could also hear lots of noise from other rooms. I see from other reviews that I am not the first to comment about the noise.

We thought we would take her to the pool. What a disappointment. Very small, really only big enough for the water slide. A small child really has no where to go when other children are coming down the water slide. It is such a small space that the water moves a lot from the water slides and my granddaughter kept getting a face full of water. And it was freezing. After 20 painful min in the pool, I took her out, her lips were blue. As well, there is no change room, only a single washroom. There were not enough towels. Pretty sad little girl when she really couldn't enjoy the pool.

Back in the room, the TV is very small for the size of the room. There is also so much light coming in around the door that I thought I had left the bathroom light on. Hard to sleep with that. Lots of noise in the hall about 2:30, but I guess that was ok with the people below us. The mattress was also very hard.

The hotel is a very nice, clean facility, good breakfast, with a very nice lobby, but for 154.00 plus taxes I expected a nice stay. It was anything but that. When I complained at the front desk in the morning and explained all my issues and said I wouldn't stay there again all the girl at the front desk said was maybe we should have switched rooms. I replied that we were told when we checked in that there were only two rooms left, so there would have been no where to move us. she said oh, that's too bad. She wasn't rude, but I was left with the feeling that " oh, well, we have your money now" . I travel frequently and have never complained at a hotel before but I was very unsatisfied. We chose the hotel based on the name, it looked fairly new and the fact that it had a pool, it was a large disappointment.

If we had been travelling with no children and didn't want to use the pool, I could have overlooked the other things, but the fact is, I was travelling with a child and did want to use the pool. I won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Stay else where or ask to check out the room and amenities before confirming room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Craig U, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear MommaL830:

I want to thank you for your review of your stay and providing us with some valuable feedback. I want to ensure you that I take your comments very seriously and I will be immediately taking these to my team and I will review the situation and make sure this does not happen again. I would also like to reach out to you to discuss this review and gain further clarification and details that I can take back to my team, if you would like to email me at craig.usher@hilton.com as we can discuss this further.

MommaL830 I want to express how sorry and apologetic I am to you about this stay and I want to thank you for your review and I can assure you I will not take these comments lightly.

Yours In Hospitality;

Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Lethbridge
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've stayed here 4 times on business and find it a great value (with government rate). The extra little things like fresh bed linens/duvet instead of gross hotel blankets, and a HOT breakfast (there are always eggs in some form, and bacon or sausages) make me choose this hotel over the others in Lethbridge. Conveniently located if you're just driving through or want easy highway and Tim Hortons access.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bethadone;

I want to thank you for sharing your recent review of our hotel and providing us valuable feedback. I am grateful to find you chose to stay with us when you come to Lethbridge and am glad your are satisfied with our hotel during your repeat visits. We love our clean and fresh bedding program as well and am glad you do to, its one of those things we like to do to make our guests feel at home when they visit.

We look forward to your next visit with us

Yours in Hospitality:

Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Lethbridge

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lethbridge? Share your experiences!