“Reasonable and Comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel Lethbridge

Save Saved
You added Sandman Hotel Lethbridge to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel Lethbridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   421 Mayor Magrath Drive, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 3L8, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Lethbridge
Mill Creek, Washington
“Reasonable and Comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here at the last minute and we were happy that we actually found a room. There was a little league tournment in the area and many places had no vacancy. From the outside the hotel looks a little dated but our room was clean, comfortable and quiet....just what tired travelers need. I wouldn't hesitate to visit again or recommend the Sandman to others. Least I forget....excellent staff who were very pleasant to work with!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Room 703 - located by the elevator but I experienced no noise as a result.
The hotel is dated but ok. My work partner wanted to stay at this hotel though other work mates recommended the Holiday Inn Express (closer to work and newer).
TV was fine, console style but reasonable channel selection.
Internet was slow.
Air conditioning worked well, notable because it was 33 C during the day with the sun shining in. I would have preferred a temperature control versus a dial for colder or warmer (my work partner's room had temperature control). The air conditioner was not overly loud.
The desk was fine and had a comfortable task chair.
The phone was located on the desk and there was no phone by the bed - inconvenient for wake up calls.
The hair dryer had no high button and so what it provided was low with a 'cold blast'. Strange.
This hotel was fine, though I would not return, nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SandmanLethbridge, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Lethbridge, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Bruce Primeau - General Manager: Thank you for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge when your work mates had chosen a different hotel. I am pleased you were able to enjoy some aspects of my hotel but disappointed you would not recommend us.

Our ongoing renovations will continue to bring our property up to a higher standard of customer satisfaction including the new bathroom renovations that now see granite vanities along with new sinks and taps in our rooms, new flat panel TV's and are replacing our older model PTAC units with newer display units . Our pillow top beds ensure guests enjoy a comfortable, restful night's sleep. We are currently reviewing our options for new windows and have started installations on select test rooms.

The Sandman Hotel Lethbridge has once again been awarded the AHLA Housekeeping award for 2012, our 6th in a row and I am proud to say that our staff works hard and goes the extra mile for our guests to ensure our level of service is excellent.

I have rectified the issues related to the deficiencies identified (hair dryer and slow internet) during your stay and will ask that you contact me directly at 800-266-4660 to discuss further your decision to not stay with us again. I thank you in advance for the opportunity.
Yellowknife, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge in July 2012 for four nights. We totally loved it. The room on the 9th floor was clean, quiet, and very comfy. Plenty of space w/ two cosy chairs, a small table among the standard furnishings. Bathroom was great, very clean w/ tiled floors, 4 bath towels, hand towels etc hair dryer, shampoo, creams etc. No magnified mirror though so bring your own if needed. The bed and bedding were quite nice and in great shape. The attached Denny's offered affordable food at a good cost. The service staff were all amazing (the old saying give and/or show respect and get back three fold.♥ Front desk had a beautiful sense of humor that was nice. It is an older well kept hotel for a fair price. The pool was nice but scant on decorations. Some plants could have given it a better atmosphere but they always had plenty of pool towels so no need to tote one. There was no hot tub though:( There was a candy store, liqueur store and convince store adjacent to the hotel. Several restaurants within walking distance as well. The Coast Fire Side Dinning was right across the street if you want an up scale meal. The Hotel had a nice lounge that featured a good menu and they served up some tasty wings far cheaper than Denny's well the same price but you got twice as many. Walking distance or short cab ride to the Nikka Yuka Japanese Garden and Henderson Park. They were both gorgeous. A 10.00 cab fare to the Park Place Mall we found everything we needed there plus they have a Winners and Sears store. Plenty of small trendy shops across the street from the mall as well as eateries. We just loved our stay at the Sand Man Inn at Lethbridge as the Hotel seems to draw a real nice friendly clientele. Wow I was so impressed with how friendly and courteous everyone was. So ya a real bang for your buck or you could spend more and get your upscale hotel. We liked it allot:) We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The top floors are quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, always nice - but nothing magnificent. Location is convienient to baseball stadium. Internet service was sketchy. In the room with two beds, we got two doubles - which to me are just too small. I would way rather have a queen. The Bar-One lounge is nice, but maybe a little too quiet. Might be better if they had some live entertainment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bruce Primeau - General Manager: Thank you for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge during your recent trip to Lethbridge and am pleased you always find it nice. During your next stay, please specifically ask to be given a double room on 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 8th floors that have 2 queens in the rooms.

Our ongoing renovations will continue to bring our property up to a higher standard of customer satisfaction including the new bathroom renovations that now see granite vanities along with new sinks and taps in our rooms, flat panel TV's and windows. Our pillow top beds ensure guests enjoy a comfortable, restful night's sleep.

Thank you again for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at the Sandman with my family of 6 for a family event at the end of June 2012.

We had two room that were adjoined by a set of doors. Each room had a king sized bed and a pull out. This is not what we had booked but this is all they could give us as it was Canada day weekend and the hotel was busy. They had double booked the room we wanted. The beds were ok, the pullouts were horrible. The hotel was fairly clean and the customer service was decent.

There is a Denny's in the hotel. It was slow and I was disappointed with my cold food when I got it as was my family when they got theirs.
Continental breakfast was not available.

It's located on a busy street and unfortunately homeless people seem to be attracted to the area. We were approached 3 times while we were there including once in the lobby of the hotel. It was groups of men so it was scary!

We got a good rate because of the event we attended while there. A floor was booked saving us a lot of money.

The rooms had been updated but still had outdated things about them for example the tv and air conditioner.

The hotel has a pool that we did not have time to swim in. No water slides or anything.

Would we stay there again? no

Something to take note of.....we stayed on the third floor, there are no balconys, I'm guessing at one point and time people could walk out of their rooms onto a rooftop. You can still open the doors approximately a foot or so, they have been partially blocked to prevent people opening them all the way. We opened the one in our room, it has no screen just a bar going across and then realized our toddlers were small enough to get through the space and onto the rooftop. If they did, there would be no way we could get out to grab them.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor if you have toddlers or small children
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Calgary Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Needed to book an additional room at the last minute. They were very accommodating. Charged the same as my original room and managed to get it on the same floor. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We went to the bar. The staff were a lot of fun.

Street outside is very busy and noisy.

Beds are comfortable with better pillows than most hotels.

• Stayed April 2012
, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Lethbridge, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Bruce Primeau - General Manager: Thank you for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge for your most recent stay. I am glad my staff were accommodating to your request to both book and be near friends.

Our ongoing renovations will continue to bring our property up to a higher standard of customer satisfaction including the new bathroom renovations that now see granite vanities along with new sinks and taps in our rooms. Our pillow top beds ensure guests enjoy a comfortable, restful night's sleep along with our wonderful pillows that do not go unnoticed. We are currently reviewing our options for new windows which will help curb the outside noises from street level.

Once again, I thank you for the kind words related to my hotel and my staff. We all work very hard to make the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge the hotel of choice for our guests and their friends.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

In city for two nites. While the room was acceptable, it is pretty obvious that the hotel needs a renovation. As someone said, rooms and decor are dated. And the heating/cooling unit is just too noisy. Sliding glass doors to outside (no balcony) were so old that the gap between glass doors was clearly evident, not only visually but by the howling wind that blew right in the room! One of the main entrances has tile steps that is breaking away and just looks bad. I would look elsewhere next time too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
SandmanLethbridge, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Lethbridge, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Bruce Primeau - General Manager: Thank you for choosing the Sandman Hotel Lethbridge for your most recent stay. I am sorry to hear about the PTAC unit in your room being too noisy. Although our maintenance program sees them checked on a monthly basis, we do rely on guest comments to effect repairs sooner if they are not functioning properly. Our missing tiles are being addressed as we have been advised to replace the entire step which has already been quoted.

Our ongoing renovations will continue to bring our property up to a higher standard of customer satisfaction including the new bathroom renovations that now see granite vanities along with new sinks and taps in our rooms. Our pillow top beds ensure guests enjoy a comfortable, restful night's sleep and we are currently reviewing our options for new windows which will help curb the outside noises from street level.

Please feel free to contact me directly related to your stay at 800-266-4660 and I will be more than happy to discuss the opportunity to bring you back.

Been to Sandman Hotel Lethbridge? Share your experiences!