“Breakfast Buffet” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 18 hotels in Lethbridge
Red Deer, Canada
“Breakfast Buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went the Lodge for breakfast a couple of Saturdays ago. Not good at all. One meat, sausages,
was offered. Two types of scrambled eggs, deepfried potato cubes. The rest was canned fruit
make your own waffles and toast. Some cereal and milk. The juice container was empty.
Lastly the buffet tables were a mess. The Lodge has been our last choice for quite a while and it will continue to be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul H, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you so very much in taking the time to provide us valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre. We certainly appreciate viewing the breakfast buffet through the eyes of our guests and in discussion with our Executive Chef we have begun to make improvements on this service. I am excited to say that in the near future, the breakfast buffet at the Lethbridge Lodge will be spectacular. In the meantime we will ensure that two breakfast meats are offered and that all items are consistently maintained and refreshed.
We so do hope that you provide us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and perhaps make the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel one of your first choices to stay while visiting.

Safe travels,

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We had our hockey team stay at the lodge for the weekend. We enjoyed having everything under one room so the kids did not need to be carted around.
Staff were very pleasant and efficient and made the stay enjoyable. Free breakfast was good and the lunch we had catered for the team was great

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the great review of your recent visit to the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre. The staff was thrilled to read that your Team enjoyed their time with us. The Lethbridge Lodge has become a sports team destination for the fact we offer guest rooms that can easily accommodate four people comfortably and all the services you require are under one roof. Our guests enjoy having a pool situated in an atrium of live botanical trees under natural sunlight. It provides a tropical experience even when it’s a bit cold outside. This provides sports team the leisure and activity right in the hotel. We also offer complimentary hot breakfast buffet to sports teams so that they can start the morning right.
Please contact Amanda who is our Sport Team Sales Manager to book your future accommodations and team buffets.

Yours in hospitality,

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I travel quite a bit, this hotel was really neat! The Atrium was great, we really enjoyed our dinner in the lounge, and it’s nice to have an indoor dinner in the middle of winter but have it feel so much like a summer night :)

The room was just OK, some wallpaper pealing off the wall, the furniture set up was very strange; everything was pushed together on the wall so most of the wall was empty. Our toilet broke in the middle of the night, which wasn’t a huge deal its one of those things that just happens.

I was very disappointed that the back entrance near my room did not seem to lock at night, I went out for a cigarette at 11 pm and the door was unlocked and it didn’t appear they had it set up for room key access, which made me think it does not lock ever. There is a night club in the back as well so at 11 pm that door should 100% be locked. My room did not have a chain lock (or something similar) either which I have never seen before. If I stayed again I would request to not be in the back of the hotel.

The Breakfast was pretty good except the staff were not friendly at all, no one even spoke to us during our breakfast, no how is everything, nothing. (It was a buffet, we had free breakfast vouchers)

I would stay again only because of the Atrium and the lounge in it, the food there was amazing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul H, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback you provided regarding your recent stay at the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre. We were all thrilled to read that you enjoyed the atrium of the hotel. It is very unique for a hotel to have live botanical plants surrounded by running brooks under natural sunlight provided by the many skylights in the roof. The area can offer a tropical feeling inside when it can be cold outside.
I appreciate you sharing your comments regarding the condition of the wallpaper. I have shared this with our Maintenance Manager and his team and we will ensure that our inspections take care of this immediately. I also value your comment regarding the rear door of the hotel. I have contacted a security company to upgrade the lock and ensure that it is accessible with an electronic room key.
Thank you again for your glowing review and the valuable suggestions to assist us in improving our service to you ..... our valued guest.

Calgary, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stay here a couple times per year. We like the family suites. Yes , the rooms are a bit tired, but we always find it reasonably clean. They do need to replace the balance of the windows as they are drafty...but it didn't bother us. The atrium is nice and the lounge is relaxing. Cindy really takes care of you. The staff in the restaurant are always helpful... We have toddler twins so they go the extra mile for us. The pool is clean, albeit a bit cool on this stay. The heat in our room wasn't working and when we called the front desk, someone was there within minutes and got it going. Also, we broke a glass in the room, and again,Barry was right there to vacuum it up.

Room Tip: Get one on the 3rd or 4th floor with new windows. If you're early to bed, then get an outside...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We sincerely thank you for the glowing comments especially in recognition of two of our employees. We firmly believe that it is our employees that are the lifeblood of the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre and that we strive to offer personal service to all of our guests. We do recognize that the hotel is a bit dated in decor; however we keep cleanliness and comfort top of mind. I have shared your comment regarding the temperature of both your room and the pool. It will be the focus of the Maintenance Team to ensure that we provide a comfortable environment for our guests.
Thank you again for the wonderful comments. The staff was so excited to read that we provided you and your family the positive experience our guests desire while staying in a hotel. We look forward to your return.

Safe travels,

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I wound up here because Hotwire rated it as their top stars for this city, and you don't always know what you're getting for the Hotwire price. I would rather have gotten one of their one notch lower places like Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites.
Here there is no breakfast included (which I figured) but the Internet connection is sporadic and works about haf the time. That can be very annoying.
Half of the rooms face the indoor courtyard which has the pool and bar area. This gets extremely noisy, especially with all the kids and teenagers screaming. I actually had to crank up the TV volume to overcome the racket.
I was generous with my "average" rating because the staff was friendly and sympathetic about the Internet, and also although the room was a little out-dated, it was comfortable enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking back outside, not at the indoor courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre. We were certainly appreciative that your recognized the personal service provided to you. We would like to apologize for the internet service you experienced during your stay. We are currently in the process of upgrading our high speed internet service with a more robust system and will soon be able to provide better if not the best high speed in the city of Lethbridge for a hotel.
We are pleased to offer complimentary hot buffet breakfast with “make your own” Belgian waffles. This service is offered to guests who reserve their room through our own website or directly with the hotel as part of their room rate. I am also pleased to let you know that over the next couple of months, we will be improving the look and service of the Complimentary Breakfast Buffet.
Thank you again for your valuable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincere regards,

Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was very concerned upon reading the reviews! I have recently stayed in 2 other hotels in Lethbridge and this would rank in the middle of them, though strictly for value for money I would place this hotel in last place.

My biggest concern was that people reported it was dirty. I can report that for the two rooms we stayed in 144 and 329, the room was clean. We both checked the bathrooms, carpets, beds and other items and it was fine.

The hotel itself is the epitomy of 1980's style. The lounge and pool are located in the courtyard, which is about 4 stories high and enclosed. The lobby lounge has a nice vibe.

My room, 144, was located on the ground floor, facing the back parking lot, and anyone could walk up to the window - I didn't feel the window offered great protection, though there were no problems.

The room is dated and in come areas worn. The tv was an old console style, about 20 inch. The window sill was chipped and the caulking around the sink needed to be redone.

Strangely my room really smelled of cooking, the hallway didn't. It was quite strong. Another issue with my room was a strange electrical sound which sounded a bit like the scrapping of a chair (as you push back from a desk), that happened several times an hour and lasted about 10 seconds. No super loud, it never woke me up but it was annoying as I lay in bed trying to go to sleep.

The room offered a desk and a chair with no wheels.

Internet speed was fine for me.

The bedside lamp must have had some low wattage lights because it was difficult to read as the lights were too low.

The bed was comfortable and so was the comforter. The pillows (4 on each bed) offered both high and low loft.

No fridge, no microwave and no water provided.

Heat in the room was effective, though the heat selector dial was broken and it was difficult to figure out what the temp setting was. The fan was a little loud. I left mine off most of the time and the temperature was great for sleeping (about 18 degrees or lower). I turned on the heat in the morning to warm it up before I got ready, and then turned it down for the day. My workmate stayed on the 3rd floor and she found it too warm at night, making it difficult for her to sleep (hotel issue or menopause issue?).

Checkin was quick and friendly. Check out was ok.

I probably wouldn't stay here again, given the price I paid, and I won't recommend it.

Room Tip: some complain about the courtyard being loud, I think the ambience would be worth the noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for the detailed comments regarding your recent stay at the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre. We appreciate that you recognize that although our hotel is a bit dated in decor, we strive to maintain cleanliness and comfort for our guests. We certainly apologize for the unknown noise you heard in your room. Our Maintenance Team will be placing the room out of order and will determine if the mechanical unit of the heating system will need to be replaced. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
The staff were thrilled that you enjoy the atrium and that the ambiance met your expectation. The atrium offers a unique setting amidst live botanical gardens, running brooks all under natural sunlight. In the evening time the area is alive and can also be very tranquil.
Thank you again and we certainly look forward to your return.

Yours in hospitality,

calgary alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because of a hockey tournament and the team was booked there. Rooms are very out of date and mine was dirty! Dirty enough that I went down and asked for a new room. The rooms looked like they cam out of that 70's show, furniture was very old and had a tube tv that had to warm up to get rid of fuzzy picture.....All rooms are also
built around a main court area that is really quite nice but the noise echos thru there and it was quite loud. Tip for a good room choice is to find another hotel.
The food was good as we ate there but the bad out weighs the good by a lot!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre. We appreciate your comments and will certainly strive to improve. We place cleanliness at top of mind and certainly apologize that during your stay we fell down on that occasion. I have shared your comment with our Housekeeping Manager and we will continue to coach our Room Attendants to our high standards.
Thank you for the glowing comment on our food. The Chef and his culinary team were thrilled to read this.

Sincere regards,

Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!