“Great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Firestone Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 200 Restaurants in Lethbridge
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Lethbridge, Canada
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a newly renovated restaurant attached to a motel. Great outdoor patio area for summer months as it is glass enclosed to protect from our Chinook winds with fireplace and hanging plants. Excellent menu, great drinks, and prices reasonable. Service was good.

Visited August 2012

Regina
“Surprised it was not a franchise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We ate here twice during a long weekend visit in September 2012. It is a large, upscale restaurant with a lounge area, dining room, and patio. We found it a very attractive, nicely decorated place. The host/hostess service was very friendly and we had no problem with a walk-in or with a reservation.

The menu is a mix of The Keg, Earls, and Moxies. I was certain it was a chain restaurant but according to in-house literature and the internet, it turned out it was in fact a one-off locally owned restaurant. This was a pleasant surprise. There was a large selection of entrees, appetizers, and sandwiches, with a pizza oven prominently featured. The drink menu had a very large list of rums in the manner of a single malt scotch list - something I had never seen. Neither my wife nor I care for rum so it was lost on us, but the Firestone was obviously trying to offer something unique. There was a Firestone Lager which, according to the server, was made "somewhere near Edmonton". It was an ordinary golden lager so disappointing to this beer hunter. There was a decent selection of wines by the glass and by the bottle.

We had coconut shrimp for an appetizer, which were very good. They had been marinated in (I suspect) coconut rum and had a nice crunchy coconut crust. I had a Sicilian pizza, which was quite good, thin crust 'california style' with some nice slices of excellent cheese. My wife had a Bison burger, which was very good, with nice fries.

A nice surprise was the "Them Donuts" for dessert. About the size of small Timbits, very fresh and hot, doused in powdered sugar, with three dips, for $6.00. There was enough for four people and I'm embarrassed to say we didn't finish them.

Service was good to very good. Cheerful and helpful servers who were able to make recommendations. The only disappointment was the bartender. I wanted to order some tasty shots as we were celebrating an Ultramarathon and approached the bar directly. I asked for Goldschlager which he said they didn't have but I don't think he knew what it was. I then asked if he had any recommendations and he didn't have any. Perhaps he was new to the whole bartending thing but for a place with a fairly extensive drink and premium spirits menu it was a gap in otherwise good service.

I would eat at Firestone again. In a small city with a lot of restaurants (including all the big chains - their direct competition) they are holding their own.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elk Point
“A Great Place to Dine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Ate here twice during our stay for the Alberta Summer Games! Menu was not huge but had amazing entrees to chose from that weren't overly expensive yet different and very tasty with just the right amount to eat. Great atmosphere, very relaxed and an easy place to visit with friends. On one occasion, when we were done our meal and wanted to sit and relax with our friends we were taken to a sitting area where we could relax on couches, sit back and enjoy the rest of the evening where we didn't feel we had to rush so others could be seated for dinner.

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Place but Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

When you eat at Firestone, you are paying for the décor and the service…both which are beyond excellent. The food is good but not great. There are many different options (sushi, steaks, chicken, sandwiches, salads) but the food, in my opinion, was higher priced than what I thought it was worth. I would go back again. This would be a great date place if you are looking to impress someone but bring some extra cash. The least expensive steak was $23.00. Nice rum and wine selections which I enjoyed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St Albert
“We liked this restaurant so much that we went twice in a row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Really nice patio ( in excellent weather) , varied menu, attentive service, tasty food and they let us divide up our meals.

• Visited August 2012