“Great atmospher and good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Firestone Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 218 Restaurants in Lethbridge
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Kfar-Saba , Israel
“Great atmospher and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is a nice restaurant in a place where there are not too many restaurants. The food is reall good , the service is great and and they even serve wine at reasonable prices

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Not all that!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

When we went there we waited what seemed like forever before a waitress showed up.We found it expensive and tasteless.We ordered prime rib at $30 a plate and the vegetables were totally raw.The meat was all the same(overdone).When I complained about the meal nothing was done about it.No free desert or discount even.We never saw the waitress again and had to ask someone else for our bill so we could leave.The drinks are very expensive and disappointing.We will never go back there.

Visited May 2011
Canada
“It's about the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I have eaten at this restaurant several times and for various meals-- dinner, breakfast, brunch, lunch. My experience is quite consistent. Pretty good food and unbelievably bad service. I keep hoping it will improve, but I think that I have 'had my fill' and am giving up for good. Today, we ate a late breakfast at the restaurant. The server was slow.... really slow. It took 20 minutes to place our order and (never do this folks) they took a really, really, really long time serving our child her chocolate milk. And then they kept getting my order wrong. The wrong syrup, the wrong type of french toast and then the wrong syrup again. Coffee was filled only one time and only when I asked the manager for it. The errors were dealt with poorly. I expect a professional apology. Didn't get that from the server. Then the manager came over and he was nauseatingly apologetic. I turned to my husband and said "it is a plate of food, he's acting like my cat died". You should deal with these matters directly and professionally. This over the top stuff just looks patronizing. And, then when the food arrives (after all the other meals are done), you really should ask what you can do to make it right. Very disappointing. And, not the first time by far. Allergy requests have been forgotten. Coffee never refilled. All of which adds up to a very lukewarm desire to eat here. Which is a shame as the actual food is pretty good.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lethbridge
“Not what I expected ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I attended the Firestone after hearing raving reviews about the restaurant and the food they offered. While waiting for a table we were given appetizers which was a nice perk. However once we arrived at our table the dining room was quite loud and it was often hard to hear the waitress and the person I was dining with. The menu was not what I expected. I was looking for a classic menu with a twist, instead we got unique items that were uninteresting to our tastes. While waiting for our food to come we saw two tables around us send there food back with the manager coming out to apologize. We were worried how ours was going to turn out, but overall it came out as we ordered. If I were to go back again it would be for the caeser salad (it was to die for) and the fries. Thats all I can say that was truely enjoyable.

At the end of it all, I will not make an effort to go back there. For the same hype and recognition it is getting, I'd just sooner keep going to the Keg where I know I will get a quality meal and service. For others this restuarant is amazing, but for me it just wasnt that memorable.

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lethbridge, Alberta
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

There aren't a lot of good nice, but not TOO nice restaurants in Lethbridge, so when this restaurant opened last year it was a welcome addition to the city. Similar to Earls or Moxies, but not a chain - which is nice if you prefer to support local establishments. A favourite for many.

• Visited August 2010