“Very Disappointed in the way we were treated!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
alberta
“Very Disappointed in the way we were treated!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had always gone to Evil Dave's and ALWAYS loved it.. this trip to Jasper though, I had my 2 year old with me.. so I called a week in advance and asked them if there were "kid friendly". They said "Yes"!! I was very excited that I would be able to eat here again on this trip. We made a reservation for Saturday at 6pm. We arrived with our son, when we were seated we were not offered a high chair, because they do not have them.. and there was no crayons or anything for my son to keep him occupied. I always bring a few things for him to play with, but he was cranky and hungry and wanted nothing to do with what I brought. He was acting up so we told the waitress that we did not want to put anyone out, so we would just eat the appetizer that we ordered and we would go, because our son would not stop crying. When she came back we asked her if it was possible to order our food and just bring it with us to the cabin we were staying in.. she said "No"!! umm this I do not understand.. her reasoning was that the kitchen staff would be mad at her. We had a reservation and were already seated, if we were staying the kitchen staff would have to cook our meals anyways.. so what difference did it make if we took it with us? This really upset me as this was my favourite place to eat in Jasper. They are not kid friendly, and because of the way we were treated I will NEVER go there again! All we were tying to do was make everyone else's meal pleasant by leaving while our son was upset. They could have accommodated us a bit better.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cyndi D, Owner at Evil Dave's Grill, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi, my name is Cyndi Day, Owner of Evil Dave's and mother of 5. I am horrified that you had such an unpleasant experience at the restaurant. I am determined to get to the bottom of things and make this right. We are and always will be a family friendly restaurant. We have 2 highchairs and 2 booster seats, a ton of paper and crayons as well as a small collection of toys (compliments of Erin a server with 2 busy boys!) The fact that your server was so unaccommodating is very disturbing to me.
I am deeply sorry that you had such a negative experience.

Cyndi

San Francisco, California
“Disappointing food in Jasper”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The malevolent meatloaf was flavorful, served on mashed potatoes with crisp onions on top and side of goat cheese, but served lukewarm on a warm plate. Would have been perfect if it was piping hot. Evil diva salad was tasty. The frozen cheesecake wasn't creamy or flavorful, just hard. The server was friendly but could have been more attentive. The restaurant wasn't busy, we walked right in on a Thursday night. The decor is a bit out of place; it looked like it had been an oriental (maybe Thai) restaurant and they hadn't bothered to redecorate when they took it over. No consistency between the cuisine and the ambience. Overpriced, but seemed to be normal for Jasper.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MsDay13, Owner at Evil Dave's Grill, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks for the review. Evil Dave's is a fusion restaurant with a globally inspired menu. We take fresh local ingredients and add flavour profiles from around the world, in particular pan-asian. If there is ever a problem with your meal please let your server know and we'll do what we can to make your dining experience enjoyable.
Atlanta, Georgia
“My all time favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great Food. Made a reservation as recommended. The have great food and great knowledgable staff. The Korean App is fantastic and can not be missed if you ever eat at Evil Dave's. I wish there was one in the states closer to home. The atmosphere and drink list was great and was not over priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MsDay13, Owner at Evil Dave's Grill, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and positive review. The App is the "Holy Cow" and is bulgogi style beef served on a green onion cake topped with sweet chilli aioli. Expanding to the US might take a while but you know where to find us in the meantime:)
Sydney, Australia
“Very busy bit worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our group booked, but we still had to wait as it's a busy local place. Despite the name, the food is top notch and worth the wait! Service is very professional and pretty much everything on menu was great . We went with a local - otherwise we might have walked by the place. We were very happy with the food- dessert was excellent and I'm told the local beers were great too.
Service was slow when we asked for the bill but that was understandable given how busy the place was.
Don't go if you are on a tight schedule.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MsDay13, Owner at Evil Dave's Grill, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks for the review. We have a small kitchen and larger tables do take a little longer to plate but we try our best. We estimate 2 hours for dining time. Glad to hear you enjoyed the evening.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nothing evil here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We chose Evil Dave's based on the reviews here, and we were not disappointed. Loved the decor with a large decorative fireplace and bamboo shoots throughout. Our server was friendly and made great food and local beer recommendations. We shared the evil diva salad which featured fresh green, feta, almonds and dried cranberries with a tasty balsamic dressing. My husband got the malevolent bison and wild boar bacon meatloaf which he thought was fantastic and I enjoyed a perfectly cooked beef tenderloin with a wine garlic sauce which was cooked perfectly and delicious. Mashed potatoes were a dry disappointment, but the grilled veggies were tasty. Wish we could have returned for another meal...but so many choices. I'd definitely recommend a wicked night out at Evil Dave's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MsDay13, Owner at Evil Dave's Grill, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for dining with us and leaving a positive review. We appreciate it.