“Decent espresso” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Calgary
“Decent espresso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you want a decent cup of joe that isn't Tim's across the street, than go here. Pretty good breakfast and so-so for the baked items. Worth it for the coffee.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Coco's a No Go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just got back from a late lunch at Coco's. We passed up on another deli down the street, because of limited seating and meat choices, so when we saw Coco's, we thought we'd give it a try. My husband and I both had the Montreal Smoked Meat. They were out of soup, and the salads looked like they had been in the cooler for a while, so we opted out of those.
My husband asked for a glass of water for each of us, and was pointed to one glass and an iced water bottle on the side counter. For 2 sandwiches, 1 beer and a latte, our bill was $28.02. I handed the cashier a twenty and a ten, and she started to ring it in, when I said, "I probably have the two cents." She responded with, "I won't be able to figure out the change." I sighed and said, "It would be $2." But, she proceeded to give me back $1.98 instead. Okay, so math is not being taught in Jasper.
When our sandwiches arrived, both were soggy on the bottom, as if they had just been microwaved, vs. served fresh. The meat was tasty, but they were messy to eat with the soggy bottoms. My husband went to grab a couple of forks and both were filthy! The 3rd and 4th were cleaner, thank goodness.
We won't be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Discovered this place in a Lonely Planet guide. Although on the small side especially if its busy, we ate very well and enjoyed the healthy, quirky fillings and the lovely coffee. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. We would reccommend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Duncan, Canada
“Maybe we just hit a bad day...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our visit to this cafe was very short lived. The tables were dirty, other customers were given dishes they had not ordered, the bathroom was accessed through the kitchen and was in a foul state, and the staff very indifferent.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cocosjasper, Owner at Coco's Cafe, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I only hope you are still in Jasper and give Coco's another chance. I am assuming you came in immediately following a rush, which is why tables haven't been attended to yet. I constantly speak to my staff about the importance of getting out front to wipe tables asap and they are usually pretty good at it. I apologize about anything you found out of place. The cafe has been in operation since 1994, and the washroom always where it is, you walk past the kitchen. In a perfect world we would love to have a bigger newer space, but we work very hard to achieve what we do out of our tiny space, and I'm quite proud of it. in saying this, please please come in again. We would love to by you coffee to give us a second chance.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Water too cold to brew a tea!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Title says it all. Went here based on lonely planet guide, it looks cool and funky and I do prefer local cafe than chains. However, I also prefer a good cup of tea (yes I'm British!) so after 2 attempts to make a brew the water was just not hot enough, you could put your fingers in the mug easily. we got our money back and went over the road to Tim Hortons.

Cocosjasper, Owner at Coco's Cafe, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I only wish you asked to speak to the manager, this is totally confusing to me as we have incredibly hot water available for tea? I worry that something wasn't working correctly to cause cool water. Please trust me that normally our water does reach between 204 and 180 degrees depending on which machine it's pulled from. If you are still in town, please come by the cafe and I will personally make sure your tea is steaming hot and wonderful. I am very sorry for this mix up.