“Our favorite family getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miette Hot Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jasper
Miette Hot Springs Resort
You added Miette Hot Springs Resort to your Saves list
Range Road 275A, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E1E0, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Edmonton
“Our favorite family getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This quaint little resort is a favorite family getaway. We have been with children: infant to age 5 1/2 and teens. Every year there is something upgraded. We usually stay in the chalet area, where we can sleep 4 adults comfortably. We can use the picnic tables, the BBQ pit, and the playground. There are full kitchens with all the basic tools that you will need. We are within walking distance to the hotsprings, and both walking and hiking trails. This family owned and run resort has always been an extremely positive experience for us, and we go back year after year.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed only one night at Miette Hot Springs Resort near Jasper. We were traveling from Saskatchewan to Kamloops and didn't want to stay in over-priced Jasper. The buildings at the resort are very old, I think build some time in the 1930's.

They have chalets, cabins and motel rooms. We booked the motel room as the price was right. I think it was $99.00. If you are thinking of staying here check out their website. They do tell you it you are looking for something with more ammenities stay in Jasper. We loved it, the hot springs are right there - that was our favourite part of our stay. We took a nice little hike past the springs to the ruins of the old pool which was interesting. The scenery was fantastic! We would go again but stay in a cabin. The motel room was okay but pretty small. There is not TV or phone so the kids were a touch bored. Next time we may go alone for a romantic getaway

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

The big advantage of this place is the aproximity to the hot springs - you can walk to there. The hot springs opens until late (like 10pm?) and I didn't want to drive back to jasper after relaxing hours at night. Also, this motel has simple kitchen, so it is like camping in the forest.

This is pretty old place, but seems like owner trys to keep it as clean as possible. The owner of the place will give you keys and bills, but I didn't expect any (good) service from him.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort McMurray, AB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed here for one night on my way into jasper. I drove down from fort mcmurray, and since i was getting into jasper late, i decided to stop here for one night and visit the hot springs before continuing into jasper. It was kind of hard making a reservation. No online reservations, and no confirmation. Just the guy on the phone, who was polite but hard to understand. I was kind of worried all the way down that if i was late, i would get my room. But i did, and the rate was what he stated o nthe phone $85 for basic single room. THe best part is that the setting is beautful, a step away from the wonderful hot springs and i had a really good supper at the restaurant. The big bad, was the roomy was so old and dusty and musty, my sinuses immediately got stuffed up and I had a really hard time breathing. I barely slept because of sinuses and i was really noisy too. |The wallls were very thin, and even though i think the people next door were trying to be quiet, i could hear everything. In all, I was glad i only planned a quick overnight there, and was happy to be on my way - to the farirmont lodge for the next two nights which were fantastic. I would never stay here again, because of the breathing trouble.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband and I booked 2 nights at Miette (Aug 5th & 6th). We toured around Jasper on the 4th and then were ready to head up to Miette at around 7:00pm. When exiting downtown Jasper, we encountered a HUGE lineup of cars. Turns out there was a bad accident on the highway and the police were turning everyone around because the highway was going to be closed for a MINIMUM of 6 hours. This is the only road we could take to get to Miette and therefore we and many other travellers were stranded in Jasper with nowhere to go. People were sleeping in their cars along the roads and wondering around the town aimlessly.
We called Miette to tell them what had happened and that there was no way we could make it that night since it's an hour from Jasper and we were already exhausted. The man (who is apparently the owner) told us they would still be charging us for the night and the DIDN'T WANT US FOR THE NEXT NIGHT. I was shocked to say the least. This was something beyond our control and he wanted to punish us for it by stranding us with no place to stay. He would not listen to reason and was very insistant. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered and I'm amazed that these people are still in business. This put a real sour note on our trip. Luckily we were able to rent a room at Pine Bungalows (located minutes from the town of Jasper).
I have been to the Miette Hotsprings before, so if this is the reason you're travelling all the way out there to stay, don't bother. It's just like being in a hot swimming pool. I expected some kind of Nordic style hotspring and was quite disappointed. You're better off staying closer to town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

The narrow winding road leading up this little hide away is just one of the many little treasures that awaits you. The narrow road reminds me of the road in Branson, MO.
The scenary leading up to the lodge is breathtaking. The lodge itself is so quaint and so clean. The room we stayed in was clean, quaint and the bed sheets were CRISP. There were not lingering odors, no dust, nothing. Registration was a breeze. The little resturant was fantastic the food was great, the service was even better and the prices were fairly cheap. The little store had a little of everything. The hotsprings was a very short walk and offered two hot pools and two cool pools and they didn't soak you at the cashier either, very reasonable rates. Lots of wildlife and the view is to die for. Great place to just relax and enjoy the day and evening. You could spend hundreds , but why when this place exists.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Onoway, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I called this resort to book a cabin for the weekend of July 10 - 12. I have never had such a terrible experience as this. I enquired about a cabin and was told they had a room in their motel for 110.00 a night and 140.00 for a cabin. As we were going to the hotsprings we wanted to stay close. I said we would take a cabin and gave the individual my credit card info. He then told me the cabin would be 145.00 a night...I said to him I thought you said it was 140.00...at this time he began to scream and yell at me telling me how dare I call him a shiester...I never insinuated that all and told him that. He then informed me he was cancelling my reservation and hung up. I called back got another individual explained what happened and was told that the individual I spoke to was the owner and she (his wife) was not allowed to make a reservation for me. I said fine but had best not see charges on my credit card regarding this. Approx. 20 min later he called me back asked if I called and I told him no I didnt I was the individual that he hung up and refused to book a reservation for and disconnected the call. I then called Pocohontas...wow what a difference...for 149 we got a cabin and breakfast every morning and passes for the hotsprings. The staff was wonderful and very accomadating regarding everything. I would definately suggest you skip booking at the top of the hill and book at the bottom of the hill instead!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple