“Nice hotel - Good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper

Save Saved
You added Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper to your Saves list
Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   76 Connaught Drive, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Christmas Pkg SAVE EARLY!
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice hotel - Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed two night in Sawridge Inn while travelling in Canada with Trafalgar. Its a bit of a walk if you want to get to the town centre but they have a shuttle on scheduled times. The hotel was nice, rooms comfortable, meals (breakfast and dinner) were good.
There are few walking trails close to the hotel. You can get the maps and other information from the friendly front office staff. We also had an after dinner presentation by a local expert on Rocky Mountian wildlife. Wildlife is not far from here anyway. Some of our friends have sighted wildlife roaming just across the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
sawridgejasper, Director of Sales at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Good day Sriyani,
Thank you for the lovely comments. We certainly appreciate your taking the time to share your experience from at the Sawridge Inn Jasper, last summer. We trust you had an enjoyable time visiting our great country before heading back home to Australia. We hope to see you again in the future, as Canada has a tremendous amount to offer, see and do!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
Ardrossan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son (14) and I recently took a trip to Jasper to ski Marmot for two days. We stayed at the Sawridge in Jasper for two nights and took advatage of their stay and ski package. (the price included the room, two days lift tickets and breakfast) Even though my son is 14 they charged me full rate for two adults. I was ok with that, believe me he ate enough at the breakfast to be charged the same as an adult. The part that puzzled me was when they gave us 4 adult lift tickets, they could have given us 2 adult and two youth. I am assuming it would cost the hotel less, and they could pass those savings on to their customers!
The room was fine. Good beds, good pillows, great shower, clean enough, the complimentary shampoo and body lotion was peppermint scented, we really liked them. The hotel itself was adequate. Not outstanding, but good enough. The room was very quiet, we did not hear any noise from the other guests. The only complaint We had was when we went to ckeck out they had added some costs to our bill that were not supposed to be there. It was only $8.76 per night, but when I asked about it the desk clerk could not justify it. Then she went in the back and a Guest Services rep came out and proceeded to explain it to the desk clerk. Which is fine except they had little or no oncern that my time was being wasted. After 30-45 minutes I finally finished checking out. When you get up early so you can get to the hill, the last thing you want lose is 45 minutes of skiing time at the checkout desk! It made me wish I had not brought it up!!
The whole event made me wonder how often they get away tacking on small extra charges that people either do not notice, or can not be bothered to take the time to bring up. I know if I had my time back I would have just paid the extra $17.00 and got to the hill 45 minutes earlier.
So it is a nice hotel, but be sure to watch your bill on checkout for added costs. If you do see extra costs you have to decide if it is worth your time bringing them up!!

Room Tip: We hadoom that had an outside balcony and it was very quiet. I have been told the rooms facing the a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tony B, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Radd6

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority at Sawridge Jasper and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room breakfast and hotel amenities. Our Front Desk has always been known for their kindness and efficiency and we apologize that they were unable to assist you in a timely manner. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns further, but will require some additional information to do so. If you would be so kind as to contact us directly at tbielec@sawridge.com or cwoo@sawridge.com, it will be our pleasure to discuss this matter with you personally.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Our family came for a long weekend get-away. We are already planning a return trip. Jasper is beautiful and this resort surprised us. The food was better than expected and at a decent price. The pool was quite busy at night - but good to see families enjoying it.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Corimarnell,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments. We are thrilled your family had a pleasing holiday to Jasper and a relaxing stay with us. We look forward to your return trip to Jasper National Park. Hopefully, you will have the opportunity to come visit again in April as the skiing conditions remain stellar, and we are featuring numerous value add promotions all through April.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We haven't stayed at this hotel for many years. We booked 3 nights, were welcomed by hot cookies at the front desk. They had a great display of a Bear, Wolf and Wolverine in the hotel. The kids loved seeing the animals and asking questions about the wildlife.

We had the buffet breakfast in Walter's, it was good, it would have been nice to have more of a change in the menu on the buffet. The Fruit smoothies of the menu are amazing and I wish I had tried them the first day.

We enjoyed the bathrobe in the room to walk to the pool in. the pool is in a nice open area, the hot tub was always full with people. We did have our kids as well as other guest talked about getting swimmers rash one night and they did change the water then next morning, So Thank you for that.

We enjoyed the fire pit outside the front doors at nights and during Earth Hour to watch the clear sky and stars. That was a nice touch with the free Hot Chocolate.

We enjoyed our stay overall and would go back with no worries. The staff was friendly and helpful when asked questions.

Cheers, Kimberly

Room Tip: We overlooked the inside of the hotel, so we could see when the pool was not full with people, lots...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
sawridgejasper, Director of Sales at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear FamilyFunFinder
Thank you very much for posting your comments. We are all thrilled to hear your family had both an enjoyable stay with us and a great holiday to Jasper. We have passed on your suggestion for more variety (on our breakfast buffet) to our executive chef. Thank you for this.
We have a crew of trained maintenance personnel who take water samplings of our pool and Jacuzzi three times a day - every day, for analysis. During periods of heavy use, the Jacuzzi may require to be drained occasionally. We certainly look forward to your next visit to beautiful Jasper National Park.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel was not bad, but it wasn't fantastic either. It was a clean bed, not bad food, and prompt service. For me it was just good. I don't really have anything to complain about, but nothing stood out as amazing either.

I don't really remember anything about the bed...but I was so tired after a day of skiing I probably could have slept on a sidewalk and been happy :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear albertaroadtrip,
Thank you for your comments. Nice to see you had a good strong day of skiing, and that you enjoyed our amazing outdoors here in Jasper National Park to the fullest. Note that you may see a considerable change in our property through the next few months, as both a section of the lobby (entrance area) and some of our guest rooms (one third) will undergo some major upgrades and renovations, scheduled for late spring and fall. We look forward to seeing you again.
Gemunden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were only able to stay at the Sawridge Inn for one night. We drove in from Red Deer, and since we arrived late in the season we did not anticipate their still being so full - we booked only 3 weeks prior to our stay.

The people working the reception desk were very nice to work with and I give them a hats off for their cordiality and politeness with guests, one of which was not so nice while we were checking in. Our room was one of the "inside" rooms that overlook the pool area, which is in a large atrium that also houses the restaurant. A practical idea actually for making an "outdoor" pool accessible year-round.

For the price that we paid, I can stay at any number of Hilton or Marriott properties here in Europe in major cities, and get a very modern up-to-date decorated room, which the Sawridge Inn is not. Their rooms are VERY comfortable mind you, also rather large actually, with good quality furniture, but the decorations are becoming dated and are in need of a upgrade. The TV was, for example, a large screen tube monster in an equally large space devouring wooden furniture piece. Our bed was very comfortable, and we slept like logs. The bath room was quite nice, and spotlessly clean.

Walter's Dining Room, in the Atrium, is very good. The service is outstanding, the food quality very good. Yes I will go back. But it is a little overpriced as far as I am concerned. Two salads, two wines, and two steaks came to $120.00 which I find a little too high for an in-hotel dining room.

But would I go back? Of course I would. I have stayed in 4 different hotels in Jasper, and I would definitely go back to the Sawridge Inn.

Room Tip: If you prefer sleeping with an open window, ask for an outside facing room with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JoelY55490,
Thank your for relaying comments from your last stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your brief visit to Jasper. I am also delighted to confirm that all guest rooms will be featuring our brand new flat screen HD televisions by early April. We have passed on your positive feedback of our dining facilities to our culinary team. Lastly, the Sawridge Inn is about to undertake a major renovations of all guest rooms over the next three years, beginning this fall. We are totally confident that you will be most satisfied with our upgraded room product during your next visit to Jasper.
Swansea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I cannot believe that the previous reviews for this 'luxurious' hotel is for the same place that we stayed!

We booked for two nights in March whilst on a road trip from Canmore to Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper and then Edmonton. We ended up leaving after just one night and moving on to Edmonton a night early.

The hotel is a dated, tacky venue, which (in my opinion)' is in need of much improvement if it is to live up to it's self declared 'luxury' status. It genuinely felt like stepping back in time to the 70s in terms of the décor -I have never seen so much wood paneling! Perhaps this appeals to some people, but it certainly didn't work for us.

We checked in and were greeted by the hotel's one saving grace - it's very polite and genuine team of staff. After that, the experience went down hill from there.

The set up of the hotel is bizarre, with the majority (if not all?) rooms looking over the central public area which houses the bar, restaurant and swimming pool. Considering the location is in the Rockies, we couldn't figure out why you wouldn't have windows to view the beautiful scenery?! The room windows are wire enforced which instantly reminded me of a prison, and despite the room being a good size, the décor was again tired. The air conditioning unit was old and incredibly noisy and made trying to sleep with it on impossible. Couple this with a leaky tap which would not turn off and you have yourself an awful night's sleep.

In terms of facilities, the hotel pool was full of children which meant you could not relax poolside. The 'gym' (one bike, running machine and a stepper) is effectively housed at the side of the pool in a small, non-airconned 'shed'.

We dined on the evening of our stay at the bar/restaurant at the front of the hotel and were sorely disappointed with the quality of the meals and the cost.

In who, don't go here. It is over priced and low quality. Take the hit and go to the Fairmont instead!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sawridgejasper, Director of Sales at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear SCE,

We wish to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is through such comments that we are able to better our product, and provide a positive guest experience. The hotel features 153 guest rooms, 49 of which do look to the indoor atrium, and 104 face out to the exterior, with private balconies. Indeed, the lobby & indoor atrium feature a wood (solid knotty pine and red cedar, none of which is paneling) and stone interior.

We apologize for the discomfort brought on by the leaky tap and noisy air unit in your room. We have endeavoured our maintenance department to promptly rectify these issues. We have also informed our food and beverage director of your disappointing dining experience.

March does bring in the annual school breaks through Alberta, a period of time that is cherished by Canadian families. We are a favourite destination of Canadian families who want to enjoy some quality time together in the Rockies.

The Sawridge Inn Jasper will soon begin a three year in depth renovations program to all guest rooms. I am positive this will address many of the concerns you have pointed out. We thank you for recognizing the attentive service provided by our team.

Been to Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper? Share your experiences!