“Sawridge Ski trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper

Save Saved
You added Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper to your Saves list
Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   76 Connaught Drive, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Save $30 per Night!
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Jasper
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Sawridge Ski trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The staff is excellent. Nice tidy rooms with brand new flat screens that arrived during our stay. They kept our skiis at the front counter which was convenient. The indoor hot tub was under renovation so we didn't have the opportunity to use it. We were on the main floor and I was worried that people walking by would wake us up but I didn't hear a thing. I will pick the Sawridge again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

700 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've got to say, for the price, this hotel was great. We went with the mid-week ski package-this is such an amazing deal. Kudos to Sawridge for offering it.
Overall, the hotel was very quiet during our stay. The room was an OK size, bathroom a bit small, and annoying that each lamp had to be turned on separately (no master switch). The TV was old and our alarm clock ancient-it didn't even pick up any local stations for the radio. As another reviewer suggested, it would be great if they had an iPod dock/stereo/alarm instead of that old beast. The hotel itself was visually appealing. Front desk was courteous. The breakfast was WAY better than we were expecting (although I'm still not sure why they make you pay for smoothies).
My only complaint from this stay was that when I called to make the reservation, I specifically asked if the hot tub would be running. I was told that it would-this was a make-it or break-it reason for staying at this hotel specifically. Well, when we showed up, it was pretty obvious that the hot tub had been down at least for some time (emptied, the sides peeling, and wood constructed around it). I was thoroughly disappointed that I had been outright LIED to when booking. What kind of customer service is that? I spoke with the front desk about this issue upon checking out but nothing was done-I was just given a lame excuse.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tony B, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Chantal S, Great to hear you enjoyed you time with Sawridge Jasper, our breakfast is indeed quite well received! We are currently undergoing some significant changes here in Jasper by replacing all of our televisions, alarm clocks, and various other in room amenities which is leading to a complete bedroom renovation. This past week we received, and installed 42” LED televisions in 132 rooms and should complete the property by months end. Our new alarm clocks will be iPod compatible and we are anxiously awaiting their arrival too. I must apologize for the Jacuzzi being closed, we had an issue far from our control arise last minute. Our maintenance team responded immediately to rectify the issues, however it did take a couple of days unexpectedly . It is now back up and running fully operational! I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss in person. Please feel free to call me at any time.
Edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Totally not what I expected. Great impression walking through the front doors . . . greenery, dead animals, restaurant, humid, children screaming from the open area pool. Ok the greenery was nice. Made me think it was a big hotel I needed to tour, it wasn't.

Front desk people: always great and always attempted to be helpful. Whether I was in front of them or calling down (which I did a lot). Manager did give us a discount off the room after this list of complaints.

Beds and Pillows: Best part of the whole experience here. Seriously, I need to get some of those pillows.

Rooms: Walked straight to the balcony, opened the screen door and if fell off in my hand. Awesome. Maintenance was up there super quick to fix it. TV and alarm clock ancient and yellow like it used to be in a smoking room. Couldn't attach my ipod to anything. Wasn't there to watch movies but wouldn't really want to on an old school tube tv anyways, especially when I would have to pay for it.

Room Service: Went out on Friday night because it was Jasper in January and came home late and starving! Purposely didn't buy food for the room because they advertised room service ALL day and night. When we called were told "sorry! we have no food, would you like chocolate bars?". Very upset by this.

Bathroom: Small and not as clean as I would have hoped for. Toilet wasn't cleaned properly . . . as in someone else's excrement was still on the back of the seat. Called and they came to clean it right away (which was great) until I inspected the toilet after he left and he somehow MISSED that spot. I ended up doing it myself. The sink was clogged the whole time. Took five minutes to drain. Bathtub drain, clogged. Had a foot soak in my own washed off soap and skin, nice right?

Pool: Decent size but in the middle of the hotel and wide open. Sound travels, especially kid sounds. Would be better enclosed or outside.

Spa: Called and booked the massage and facial package day before. Showed up, got great massages. Matt has magic hands and listened when I asked him to not touch my feet. My friend ended up with a foot rub when she specifically asked for no feet touching. However, when it came time for the facial there was no booking for that part. They asked us to come back in a few hours or the next day. I refused because it was supposed to be a package. They blamed it on the "new girl" but it was the registered massage therapist who gave my friend the massage who answered the phone. They offered us 10% off the package if we agreed right then.

Buffet Breakfast: Surprisingly good selection. Hot and Tasty. Service was terrible!! Offered ONE coffee. No water, no refills. Needed to flag someone down for water and it wasn't our server. Waited too long for the bill when we waited at the door to leave. .

Truthfully shocked at the overall terrible service in Jasper (not the front desk). Seems like most people who work there aren't happy to be there and are annoyed that people even showed up in the winter. A little disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
sawridgejasper, Director of Sales at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Angelvenom99
Thank you for providing your detailed comments. It is greatly appreciated, and we take all of your concerns very seriously. It is with such honest feedback that we are able to better our operation and exceed our client’s expectations. It is evident that we did not meet your expectations. I am pleased to see that we did respond to your concerns in a quick and efficient manner. We take great pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards during your stay. I truly regret we did not handle things better. We have immediately followed up with our team to ensure such a situation does not reoccur. Our general manager will make every attempt to contact you once again.
North of 49
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ended up in Jasper late one evening on a recent road trip to Victoria. We had no reservation so did a quick smartphone check on Tripadvisor and based on price and reviews we ended up here. Our room was excellent, the restaurant in the front of the hotel served up a great beer and wonderful meal, what more could you ask for. There was plenty of parking with good access from both front and rear of Inn if you had lots of things to carry. Breakfast in the atrium area the next morning was nicely done, and the staff throughout the Inn were great. My only comment would be if you don't want some pool noise just ask for an outer room. Noise was not excessive at all but some would grumble! Thanks Sawridge and as usual thanks Tripadvisor.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We weren't expecting to spend the night in Jasper; however, we spent so much time stopping to take pictures on our way from Banff, that we decided to stay the night. Based on previous reviews we decided to try Sawridge. The rate was perfect and we were pleasantly surprised how nice the Inn was based upon our $102 rate.

Our only complaint, the temperature of the room, it was unbearably hot. We had to turn on the air condition in January, as we were sweating profusely. When we checked out we did tell the front desk clerk, but he was clueless, or should I say, he didn't listen to our concern. He was more interested in telling us where the heater was in the unit, then actually listening to hear that the unit was too hot, and we had to turn on the air conditioning. The air condition cooled the room; however the air conditioning unit constantly turned on and off all night, making for a sleepless night.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I'm really not a fan of Jasper hotels but this place is best of the bunch of the town hotels, old but nicely renovated rooms, good bar restaurant, nice pool - stay here over the other similar hotels would be my advice

Rob

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Recently stayed one night before Christmas here with our dog and had a great experience. Very clean room, beautiful atrium, plants and lobby. International staff excellent (esp Nixon from New Zealand, Natalia from Poland, and Thomas from Germany). Enjoyed a tasty meal in the rustic lodge surroundings of the Hearthstone (dessert was the best) and an excellent buffet breakfast before heading on our way. Loved the fact that on a very long cold winter night you could walk around the greenery and savour the "I'm on vacation feeling". Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper? Share your experiences!