Firstly the staff here were super friendly and helpful, and the food at the restaurant was excellent. I had the best chicken curry soup that i've ever had in my life! I'd like to personally thank the chef, it was amazing and would you like to send me the recipe?? :-) we enjoyed all the meals we had there and had a lovely chat with a few of the staff at the bar.
We had a room at the back that looked into the forrest, which was nice and peaceful. Would have been nice sitting out there but the mozzies were dreadful! Make sure you have plenty of bug spray - but this goes for most of alberta in the summer as the ponds of melted snow create massive breeding grounds for the suckers!
Our room was cozy, The wifi is a bit dodgy as they get it via satellite, but other than that we had a great stay overall. They have a little shop in between reception and the restaurant which had plenty of great things to browse/purchase. I'm not into buying trinkets, but they did have some lovely things.
This is a great place to stop on a trip along the icefields parkway and get out to see sunwapta falls.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Hotel Jasper
- Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Hotel
- Sunwapta Falls Hotel
- Hotel Sunwapta Falls
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A recent recipient of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence, Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge is an ideal choice if you're looking to unplug from the hectic pace of regular life. Most often chosen for our location, the lodge is a scenic 45-minute drive south of downtown Jasper. We're open from mid-May to early-October.Our location provides a less distracted experience of our natural surroundings. Located just off the Icefields Parkway, our cabin-style accommodation is nestled in the forest between mountains and lakes with just a short walk to the beautiful Sunwapta Falls and many major attractions nearby. In the evenings its just us, the stars, the sound of the falls and the scent of wood burning as it crackles in our many fireplaces. There's no cell phone reception and there are no phones in the rooms. Despite our rustic setting, our accommodations are immaculately kept with award wining housekeeping practices, and our evening dining is not to be missed. Satellite internet is provided via WiFi at no charge and satellite TV is also provided at no charge. With only 50 rooms, the service at Sunwapta is exceptionally high. Our front desk commits time to each guest, providing complementary expert advice and daily customized sightseeing agendas to help you experience those WOW moments. We also act as ticketing agents for all the major and minor attractions. During your stay with us, we will take care of all your activity bookings and daily planning. Each and every one of our staff is entirely committed to helping you have a truly memorable experience in Jasper National Park. Prepare to be 'treated like royalty'!A 2 star property, Sunwapta offers a mix of cabin-style accommodations with real wood-burning stone fireplaces (includes complementary wood and service), and contemporary hotel style rooms. Our accommodations are suitable for romantic getaways and family vacations. We look forward to helping you experience the best of Jasper... wonderful by nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Olotels, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.