“nice room, very comfortable beds!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tonquin Inn

You added Tonquin Inn to your Saves list
Tonquin Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Juniper St, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0, Canada   |
Special Rate
Stay from $89 per night
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
edmonton
“nice room, very comfortable beds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I made an error when booking and didn't reserve enough nights. The staff was excellent and arranged it so I could stay in the same room for the entire trip. Very helpful and friendly. The beds are really nice. Even the hide-a-bed got no complaints!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Tonquin and were amazed with the friendly service and smiles that came along with the prompt service. The rooms were very clean and my wife raved about the comfortable bed! I would definetely reccomend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Customer service was great.
Rooms were clean and very nice.
TV's were very bad (small and alot of static).
Beds and pillows were very comfortable.
Can hear alot of banging from loud walkers on floors, need to be sound proofed. Maybe that blue underlay sound proof barrier.
Overall i would say 8.5 out of 10

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

My husband and I were on the tail end of our trip out west and didn't want to break the bank with another overpriced hotel! A couple we met while travelling recommeded this establishment and we're so thankful! (thanks Bruce and Jen ;) ) Food is delish, service is warm and friendly and the grounds are beautiful. I wouldn't waste time or money on any of the other so called 'luxury' hotels in the area. Feel free to email directly if you have questions! Can't recommend this gem enough! We'll most definitely be back next year!

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

First of all I am pretty picky when I book a hotel room, that said I struggled to find an acceptable hotel in Jasper that wasn't going to break the bank, and even the priciest ones didn't look that great. Well after searching the web for reviews I finally selected the Tonquin and was wonderfully surprised at our room. We booked a one bedroom family suite with a full kitchen. We brought our teenage girls and gave them the bedroom which has a queen bed, desk, and dresser (no TV)( their mess was out of the way). My husband and I slept on the other queen bed which is in the main living area. Main area has comfortable love seat, coffee table, dining table with 4 chairs and a full kitchen (needs a frying pan). The bathroom was clean and served it's purpose. The staff was friendly and the service great. The pool was nice and there are two outside hot tubs and one inside hot tub with the pool. Downside is that we had to go outside and walk a fair bit to access the pool. Our suite was on the second floor (hauling up groceries was fun) and we faced the highway and railway so it was a bit noisy during the day, but night was fine (and we had he window open) All in all, this was a great suite for a family and we will book here again. Don't bring groceries, we found an extra food store and the prices were reasonable.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

I was heading to Jasper for business, and outside of the paradise outside - found an amazingly welcoming place to call home when I was inside.
The Tonquin has huge rooms, and the kitchen could of helped me whip up a meal for 20, if I was so inclined. And honestly there was only one staff member that didn't greet me with a smile and a hello - and that's cause they were walking in a different direction. But given how often this happened, it caught me off-guard that they didn't suddenly turn my way with this greeting.
It really was a welcome retreat, not that one needed retreating from the Christmas card-like experience of wandering this wintery town.
Anyway, I heartily recommend the Tonquin. And remember your swimsuit (which I didn't) for the outdoor hot tub, which looked incredibly inviting.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stopped off in Jasper on a road trip around Alberta. Having looked at places in Jasper it appears that many seem overpriced for what they offer. So we picked the Tonquin in as it was the cheapest of those with free rooms but I would not say cheap. The front desk staff were pleasant and check-in was swift. However, the room was nothing special but I guess you could say it was in a traditional style. It was later on that the lack of any sound proofing became and issues as if people are walking along the walkways or going up the stairs it is very loud in the room. The ventilation was also not great as it was very hot in the room. Finally it is located pretty far away from the main section of restaurants/shops in Jasper but parking is a nightmare.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tonquin Inn? Share your experiences!