Let me go systematically
+ Location: Jasper is a pretty little town and the hotel is nicely located close enough to the city center
+ Very nice indoor pool
Having said that, most of the other things are strictly downhill
- Cost: Ripoff - I don't mind a high tab if the place deserves it, but here it was mostly the cost
- Check in: small + unfriendly.staff. They nicely charged my card twice and then shrugged off as if its my job to catch them. Ugh
- Rooms: I don't think I have stayed in a worse rooms. Tiny room, tiny sink, tiny bathroom AND there is a humungous and noisy standing a/c unit at the entrance. Not only it kills the whatever little remaining space in the room, it is useless. It was a hot July period when we stayed there - we decided to suffer the heat with the windows open than having this silly device running. We had friends also traveling with us, their experience matched ours.
A good place to avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by majestic mountains and endless opportunities to appreciate the great outdoors, The Tonquin Inn provides a perfect getaway for adventure seeking families, friends and couples. Located in the heart of Jasper, this property features easy access to hiking trails, ski fields, rafting adventures and so much more! With its cozy sunken living rooms, convenient kitchenettes and "home away from home" charm, the Tonquin Inn is the ideal spot for an escape from the city! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and EasyToBook so you can book your Tonquin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tonquin Hotel Jasper