“Just what we needed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tonquin Inn

Save Saved
You added Tonquin Inn to your Saves list
Tonquin Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Juniper St, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0, Canada   |
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in Jasper
Edmonton, AB
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Busy check in but all good. Came back down as the keys didn't work but quickly solved.
Clean and quiet up stairs.
Noticed tub plug was missing and help staff replaced within 15min.s
Polite counter staff.
Would return again.
Friend was not used to having sink outside from tub and toilet. Can see sink by beds. Minor.
Will come bk if we ever are in Jasper.
Good rate.
At end of Jasper town but so easy to walk to all restaurants/shops.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for submitting your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am especially delighted to hear about the service you received from my staff and I will definitely forward your comments to them. We look forward to hosting your again during your next visit to Jasper.

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Our overall experience:
The good:
- clean beds, pillows
- free, fast wifi

The bad:
- unwelcoming and awkward front desk experience
- paper thin walls (can hear guests in their rooms and in the hallways)
- very small and old bathroom
- cold (unregulated temperature) shower
- indoor pool and hot tub were freezing (women's locker room floor was flooded)
- extremely busy (small) outdoor hot tubs
- restaurant isn't open in the mornings
- expensive for what you get

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I am disappointed to hear of the issues you had during your recent stay with us. Although your overall experience was good, there were some negatives. As you can appreciate, the Xmas holidays are extremely busy for all of the hotels in Jasper causing challenges with some of our amenities. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. Your comments have been shared with my management team. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to host you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Every time my family and I travel to Jasper for skiing, hockey, or through Jasper (as we have a new 6 month old daughter and the 8 hour trip to Kamloops is a little long for a one day adventure) we stay at the Tonquin Inn. We have been staying here for the past 3 years and enjoy the hotel set up; and of course the price.

The rooms are nice, the beds are great, and the showers are hot after a day of hiking, skiing, or travel. Internet is good, and free!

Keep in mind Jasper is an old town which hasn't seen any new development (I'm speculating but decades???) due to it being in a national park.

Agreed, the parking can be a hassle and the walls are a little thin during ski season but if you have been to any resort during the height of ski season, you will find Jasper significantly more relaxed.

Room Tip: As for a lower level room close to the outdoor hott tub and sauna or close to the pool. The single k...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Tonquin Inn. It is great to hear that we are your property of choice when visiting Jasper. Nice rooms, great beds and showers are a few of our many selling points. All of my staff and myself hope that you will always take home fond memories of your stays with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Tonquin on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying at this hotel for 4 years now every time we go to Jasper. It is extremely good value for the room prices, and is always clean. The rooms have been renovated and now all have flat screen tv's and new furniture. The hot tubs are great, and we love that they are outdoors! It's about three blocks from downtown, but the walk is always good to help work off the food/drinks from town!

We stayed there this weekend while skiing and noticed that our room was a little chilly, and the air from the vent was cool coming out (instead of warm). After playing with the heat controls for a bit we spoke to the front desk, who called maintenance right away. The problem was fixed within 20 minutes! (Fastest I've ever experienced!) we've never had a problem with the Tonquin to date, and this one was resolved hassle free an quickly.

We've brought friends here to stay and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012
A many repeat guest - this is awesome! It's always a pleasure to hear positive comments about out property in particular about our renovated rooms and cleanliness. I am glad to see that maintenance was able to quickly fix the heating problem for you. Thank you for sharing your experience and for recommending the Tonquin Inn. Please contact me directly for your next visit so that I can personally look after the reservation for you.
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the king size bedroom 3 weeks ago and were very impressed with the renovations made to the room. Extremely comfortable bed, mondern furniture, flat screen tv, small but funtional bathroom.
The room was small but very well docorated and cozy. We were also very happy with the outdoor hot tub and quality of service at the front dest. I would recommend this hotel to other's and plan to book again this weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for submitting your review of your stay at the Tonquin Inn. I am happy that you were impressed with our renovations and that you would recommend our hotel. I am especially happy that you received excellent service from my front desk staff and will definitely pass on your comments to them. I look foward to welcoming you back to the Tonquin Inn in the near future. Please contact me directly so i can make the reservation for you.
Hamilton, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at the Tonquin Inn, June 2012, tourist season was just starting, with no reservations we got a room on the ground level. The Inn is located on the edge of town but was only 3 blocks from the mercantile stores and restaurants.
We opted to go with the food option, breakfast buffet and it was worth the extra money. Buffet had everything you might want for breakfast and then more. Staff were attentive, without being obtrusive. If you have the time try dinner best seafood fettuccine yet.
Our room was very clean and the staff helped us find an electrical outlet and where we could charge my electric handicap scooter. We did not have time to use the pool but it did look amazing.
I would definitely stay at this Inn again.

Room Tip: You might find your parking spot gone and have to park further away from your room than you would li...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We appreciate your comments and feedback and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again. It is great to hear that you found you room clean and that my staff were able to assist you with all of your needs. I have shared your comments with the restaurant management and staff. It will be a pleasure to serve you again on your next visit to Jasper.
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here after a family wedding nearby and it met our needs. We had a family room which had 2 separate sleeping areas which suited our teenage sons. The room was clean, beds were reasonably comfortable, the air conditioning unit was one of those indoor ones with a vent to outside for the hot air....ours was not connected properly and it heated the room at first rather than cooling it. We had a room facing the road and there was a nice sitting area at the top of the stairs where you could chill and enjoy the view. A good swimming pool and fitness area. One watch out with the breakfast, it is for 2 adults and not the full family, we had to pay extra for the kids. The breakfast was pretty good though. Not quite walking distance from town though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at the Tonquin Inn. Our family rooms are definitely very popular with guests traveling with children/young adults. I have forwarded your comments to my Assistant Manager re the breakfast and to my Maintenance Manager re the air conditioning unit.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us as it does help us in improving our services and the delivery of them. We do hope that we ahve the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Tonquin Inn? Share your experiences!