“Beautiful scenery, challenging holes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jasper Park Golf Course

Jasper Park Golf Course
Old Lodge Rd | Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 , Canada
780 852 3301
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 25 Outdoor Activities in Jasper
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: This Stanley Thompson-designed golf course offers 18 challenging holes stretched over 6,598 yards at par 71.
Edmonton, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery, challenging holes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Played here on the weekend with friends. Our party of 5 was split into 3 and 2 so our twosome was paired up with a friendly local couple who pointed out the various images to be spotted on the mountainside, e.g. "Rudolph". The announcements for tee times are clearly understood and professional. The course is well maintained and challenging, and of course the scenery is spectacular. The staff are always attentive when we return our carts. I always enjoy checking out the latest offerings in the pro shop. As for wildlife viewing on the course, in previous visits we have seen a fox scamper over the green on one hole, a deer lurking along the fairway, lots of Canada geese and elk. One time there was a herd of elk grazing oh so close to one of the greens. It was a challenge to finish the hole, not upset the animals and quickly get out of the area.The snack bar, however, does not have the best service. There are tables outside under the awning giving the impression of table service when in fact you need to go inside to buy your drinks and snacks. There should be clear signage indicating that it is self-serve. One thing several people in my party noticed was the open (unwrapped) can of OFF bug spray sitting behind the glass next to the muffins and other snack foods. Even though the food did not look contaminated, this is really bad presentation and potentially hazardous.

Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
Calgary, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Love the clubhouse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have only golfed once on this golf course but our treat is riding our mountain bikes in the area and then stopping at the clubhouse for a bite to eat and drinks. The best thing is we can take our little pup who is a bichon shih tzu on the outdoor patio, which offers amazing views all around.

Visited May 2013
Guelph, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Golf in the mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I played the Jasper Park Golf Course on June 18 and loved it. The course was challenging but fair. The views of the mountains and the wildlife were outstanding. The Pro Shop staff was great and made the day very enjoyable. It was expensive but it was worth it.

Visited June 2013
Jasper, East Alberta ,Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Golf Course Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

In Jasper Golf Course Park i enjoying more. I have played on some international courses, but the Jasper Golf Course is the best in my life,I have played.

Visited March 2013
Sydney
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Best Course I have every played”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have played on some great international courses, but the Jasper Golf Course is the best I have played. Take your camera and watch out for the bears - there is plenty of them. The Pro Shop staff are incredible friendly (I actually played with one of them). If I ever return to the Rockies I will definitely play again.

Visited June 2013