“Amazing views!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jasper Park Golf Course

Jasper Park Golf Course
Old Lodge Rd | Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 , Canada
780 852 3301
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 30 Activities in Jasper
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: This Stanley Thompson-designed golf course offers 18 challenging holes stretched over 6,598 yards at par 71.
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing views!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This review comes from a well traveled, seasoned golf professional.

I played several rounds in Sept of 2012. The conditions were average at best. The layout was player friendly for the most part meaning not too many blind shots. The views were out of this world!!!! The service was good. Say hi to Tom, he's a great guy.

Would I go back..... I'm a Caribbean guy... :)

• Hebrew first
Edmonton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Overrated, overpriced, & very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

As per all old National Park courses, JPL is overrated & overpriced but is still a very nice play & worth splurging.
Score golf rates it #4 in Canada, too high in my estimation.
Pro shop service was not very good the day we played it. Tom met us at the bag drop & did a nice job of greeting, giving directions, loading the clubs etc. Once inside the pro shop I was not made to feel welcome. The pro shop staff were too concerned with running after members & aquantances to be bothered with me standing with my cc out wanting to pay. After the round I dropped the cart off, took care of my own bags & left without any of the staff offering assistance or asking about the round etc, like one would expect at a top rated course. The girls in the snack shacks were very friendly & good at their jobs.
The course itself is your typical older course, not very long, not overly difficult, but nicely laid out with great views of the mountains. Some of the greens were in pretty rough shape with patches sewed into them, but for the time of year, overall they were acceptable. When all was said & done, I enjoyed myself,it was a memorable day & I will go back.

Visited October 2012
Bucks County, PA
50 attraction reviews
“Golfer's Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Jasper Park Golf Course lived up to its reputation as one the best in Canada. The course is interesting and well maintained and has some of the most beautiful vistas you will ever see on a golf course. If you are a golfer, this is one course you will want to be sure to play. Make sure you bring along a camera, as this course is worthy of not just golf but photography as well.

Edmonton, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The best scenery of all the golf courses in the Rockies. Staff is great and course was in fine shape.

Port Alberni
17 attraction reviews
“Pricey but pretty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is an expensive place and you would expect the best. The course is very scenic. The golf is challenging. It is one of those places you have to golf at least once. My experience was a good one but I have played places where you got better value.
I have two criticisms. For the price you pay you would expect a GPS Installed. I found determining the distances to be very difficult. On a course of this nature with large numbers of visiting players, it would greatly speed the rate of play. Our group took nearly 6 hours to play 18 holes. The other complaint was the condition of the greens. A number of holes had bare spots. one hole had two large tire tracks across my line of putting.
If you want good value, scenery, and good golf, I recommend Eagle Ranch in Invermere. This is a first rate facility! I golfed this the day after I golfed Jasper and the experience was far superior. The course is great fun and the facilities are excellent.