“great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Westerose, Canada
“great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Service, food and atmosphere were exceptional. A little pricy but very accomodating and friendly service.

Visited August 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Went there on the weekend and the waitress was amazing. Service was really very good because of the waitress. I had ordered the chicken chipotle salad and I thought that I saw avocados on the menu. However, when I got my saald which was kind of small, there were no avocados and I thought that perhaps I had misread the menu. When I got my bill though, it said chicken and avocados on the bill itself. So that kind of left me disappointed that they had left avocados out of the dish. Perhpas it wouldn't have been so small if it had avocados. The rest of the food was very good. And the tomato soup was amazing.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“OK, nothing to rave about”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had dinner here 1 night. The food was ok. What we didn't like is the server being in our face lot of the time we were there. 1 minute after she brought out the food, she was asking what the first bite was like. We hadn't had the chance to have our first bite. And it kept going. I don't call that good service. I call it a crawl job for the tip. I find it degrading for the server and that was the only reason I didn't tell her to leave us alone to eat our dinner in piece.

Visited July 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Quite impressed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We went not once, but twice to Olive Bistro, in order to test the theory that they make great food and have a good atmosphere. We weren't disappointed.
Granted, some items didn't knock our socks off, fries are fries and naan is bland..but salads yummy, bison burger juicy, chickpea curry dish (very nice),carrot curry soup(over the top), home made breads(awesome)..enough for our thumbs up votes! Enough variety and daring here.
Restaurant is clean but not modern or thematically "together". It has its charms, open skylight window area, good live music, an impressive musician's wall of posters, relaxed lounge area and nice choice of bevies.
Servers are polite, warm, but slightly frazzled at times. Structure? Don't know...but quite attentive when required. A bit slow, but if its the kitchen there's enough "good vibe" ambience to keep one chill.
The owner Darryl (hope I spelled it right) was a star, charming, welcoming, gracious and professional.
Not a cookie cutter establishment nor a 5 star snob spot, but a place to eat a comforting meal, laugh, relax and just enjoy.
Kudos: accomodation was made for my food "challenges" and I am very tickled with the care they took to ensure my dining experience had no glitches.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Excellent though like much in Jasper, pricy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We went with our daughter who works in a Jasper hotel and regularly recommends this to customers - who regularly thank her afterwards. We had the coconut prawns, bruschetta, strip loin, lamb, lasagna, salmon and desert - so a good broad selection from the menu. Everything was excellent and thoroughly enjoyed. It wasn't cheap, but great food and great service. I'd recommend stopping in for the "Banana Split" dessert if nothing else. I was really too full to eat it, but didn't let that stop me!

Visited August 2014