“Great place-lovely horses” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 25 activities in Jasper
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Jasper Riding Stables on Pyramid Lake Road! Horsebackriding in the Jasper National Park! Trail rides by the hour or the day, carriage rides, pack trips, special events, dine and ride. Come by our stables just a few minutes from beautiful downtown Jasper in the Canadian Rockies! Follow the signs for Patricia and Pyramid Lakes, apprx 4km, turn at the Parks horse sign, the arrow points into our parking lot.
Altrincham, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
“Great place-lovely horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a lovely place to ride. The staff are great and they have lovely horses. It suits novice riders as they are only allowed to walk due to it being national park land. Nice way to see the forest and a good view of jasper.

Visited September 2013

Fort McMurray, AB
“Amazing Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Absolutely loved the ride. It was an amazing three hours. Wasn't even too saddle sore after not being on a horse in years. Little bit nerve wracking going down those steep slopes, but my horse knew what he was doing. Our guide was able to read what the group wanted, and let us enjoy the views with minimal interruption with explanations of what views we were seeing.

Best money my husband and I ever spent, and we plan to return next season.

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We were there in October 2012 with our exchange student from Quebec and we had a great time I rode a paint named Cisco he's a great horse when I got on I was really scared but after 5 minutes I wanted to ride longer. The horses and the guide are great .and so is Mary the owner I will be back

Visited October 2012
Canada
“Great experience for Children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We took a one hour ride ($42/person). It was my 11 year old and seven year old and myself. Both had never ridden a horse. Our guide Al was great. He was patient with my seven year old daughter who was a bit scared when her horse Lucky decided to stop and take a different path. It was all good. Al took the reins and brought the horse back on track. The trail through the woods and over the Athabasca River valley was tremendously relaxing. The one hour ride was just the right amount of time to introduce children to riding. I encouraged my 11 year old to steer her horse to take different variations in the path and her horse Cherokee was great.

The only turn-off was the photos taken of each rider as we left on the trip. We were not given any opportunity to opt out of this (although purchasing the already over saturated prints at the end was optional). Each photo cost $15 which was clearly a distasteful revenue grab. The cost clearly exceeded most amusement parks (Galaxyland and Calaway Park). We declined the prints, but who knows where the prints of myself and my dear children went? Hopefully they were destroyed appropriately.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Great Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Lovely afternoon trekking on gentle horses around pyramid lake just outside Jasper. We had originally booked for the 3 hour excursion, but short of time, we changed it to the two hour one, and in retrospect was glad, as most of us felt slightly saddle sore, and two of us had aching knees after an hour and a half!. As a family of five, we had two staff with us, who were great, and made us feel secure and safe. The trek sent around the lake and part way up a mountain side the through bush and wood . We saw a caribou herd, which spooked the horses but delighted us! All in all, a great afternoon