“Steaming bowls of delicious Korean Food” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: (780)8525022
California
“Steaming bowls of delicious Korean Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

After a full day of driving and hiking, we decided to wind down and eat at Kimchi House. The weather in early June was chilly in the evening and the steaming bowls of Korean hot pots were just DELICIOUS! Plus, the owner took our orders and she was super nice and helpful. The menu also contains plenty of vegetarian options as well. My husband got a hot tofu and noodle bowl and I got a seafood hot-pot. The spice level was right on and hit all the right spots - our heat tolerance is quite high and therefore, we loved all the flavor profiles in our dishes. We loved it so much that we had a second dinner at this restaurant again.
The few downsides are that it takes a little bit of time to prepare the dishes and also they are pricey (CAD 20 for seafood hot pot, CAD 22 for Kimchi chicken, CAD 16 for vegetarian bowl). But eating out in Jasper and Banff is a fair punch to the wallet at most restaurants anyday.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Worst dinner ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This was by far my worst dining experience in jaser. when my food came out it was not what I ordered and half an hour later than the rest of my tables. To make maters worse the owner herself dropped it off, was down right rude without so much as an apology. Her staff was friendlier and seemed to care about our business more. Sad. Long story short I had to take my meal to go. Wasn't worth boxing up. Don't bother ever coming here!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Modesto, CA
“Great Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Didn't expect to go to a Korean restaurant in Jasper, but after brew pubs and hamburgers this was a delightful find. Good Korean food with a lot of variety, and the service was friendly and quick. The restaurant was filled with smiles and laughter which made the food even better.

Visited July 2013
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
“Good taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Korean noodle was in good spicy taste. But the portion of rice in hot stone pot was small. Overall, the price is reasonable.

Visited July 2013
Irvine, California
“Ruined my Jasper experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Took my family for dinner. Sat on a table at 7:10pm. We were given a menu at 7:15pm and waited another 5 minutes to order. From 7:20pm, I had to ask waitstaff several times whether our orders are on the way. No responses, while they started bring foods to the table came in after us. Forty (40) minutes after I placed an order, which is 8pm, I told them I will wait another 3 minutes and I am out. Haha, of course this totally out of control place did nothing for us and we left after wasting 55 minutes. Nice, huh? Our waitstaff was being apologetic, stating that there is only one cook in the kitchen. However, where is the owner??? The owner should have come out to our table and explain the situation, if that is the case. Giving one star to this place is just too much for them. Not an acceptable place by any stretch and they completely ruined our Jasper experience, period.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere