I have stayed at the alpine village twice now - once in 1999 and then 10 years later, in 2009 - and loved it! The cute bungalows are located close to the highway (easy access) but you don't hear anything but birds and the river.
We stayed in a 1-room cabin with a small kitchen area and a barbecue outside - perfect to prepare your own dinner if you like. The cabins are clean, friendly and well taken care off! To sum it up: a great place to stay for couples and families, maybe not the first choice for travelers who'd like to participate in Jasper nightlife - it's about 3km from town.
- Also Known As:
- Alpine Village Cabin Resort - Jasper Hotel
- Alpine Village Cabin Resort - Jasper Hotel Jasper National Park
- Alpine Village Jasper
- Alpine Village Jasper National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a beautiful wooded area of the Canadian Rockies, Alpine Village Cabin Resort is ideally situated across from the sparkling Athabasca River in Jasper National Park. 50 rocky mountain style log cabins are spaciously set in a natural pine forest of 11 acres located 2km south of downtown Jasper. Alpine Village Cabin Resort boasts a panoramic view of the Athabasca River with Mount Edith Cavell towering in the background. Ideal for honeymoons, family vacation and friends. ... more less