We met up with college friends for a grand hiking adventure in the Canadian Rockies. Alpine Village Resort in Jasper National Park was a delightful place for two couples to relax in after a busy day of exploring. We appreciated the helpful staff, the rustic elegance of cabin #16, having an eat-in kitchen to prepare breakfast and pack lunches. Having a half bath but extra beds in the loft for the taller pair and a double bed downstairs with the lovely full bath meant we had to work out a shower schedule, but it was easily done.
We hit warm weather so didn't avail ourselves of the chance to build a fire inside or barbecue outside, but those amenities were at our disposal.
It was fun to sit on the porch with our coffee in the morning and watch for elf or hang out in the Adirondack chairs by the river in the evening.
Wi-fi was funky, but - hey - we were there to unplug and luxuriate in mother nature, not check our email obsessively.
We would definitely return!
- Also Known As:
- Alpine Village Cabin Resort - Jasper Hotel
- Alpine Village Cabin Resort - Jasper Hotel Jasper National Park
- Alpine Village Jasper
- Alpine Village Jasper National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a beautiful wooded area of the Canadian Rockies, Alpine Village Cabin Resort is ideally situated across from the sparkling Athabasca River in Jasper National Park. 50 rocky mountain style log cabins are spaciously set in a natural pine forest of 11 acres located 2km south of downtown Jasper. Alpine Village Cabin Resort boasts a panoramic view of the Athabasca River with Mount Edith Cavell towering in the background. Ideal for honeymoons, family vacation and friends. ... more less