“choice of room at the Lobstick Lodge” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lobstick Lodge

You added Lobstick Lodge to your Saves list
Lobstick Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   94 Geikie St, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Jasper
Edmonton, Canada
“choice of room at the Lobstick Lodge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would still recommend the Lobstick Lodge in Jasper, but make sure you avoid the king beds!!
They sure look quite comfortable, but you won't sleep much... Whenever your partner moves, you move. I'm not even talking tossing and turning, just lifting an arm and you feel it. The mattress is comfortable but it's like you are on a moving platform constantly shifting with an horizontal move. Very unpleasant. We ended up in separate beds after two nights without sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid the king beds, or plan to be by yourself in the king bed if you want sleep!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Marie-Jose B
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Lobstick Lodge, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Marie-Jose B.
Thank you for your review and I am sorry you did not have a restful sleep. We just finished replacing most of our beds including all of our king beds so to see this comment is disappointing and perplexing. I do hope you will give us another chance as we have received quite a few positive comments on our beds.

Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Myself, my wife and our 5 and 2 year old stayed at the Lobstick 3 days in room 318. It was party central ! Throughout the night and early morning hours people were yelling and cursing loudly in the halls. The swimming pool was just a zoo of commotion with people diving,yelling and splashing so much that my daughter and I just left. During breakfast a group of people near us were laughing and yelling quite loudly then cursing loudly to the point where I had to tell them to stop ! The staff gave us a free breakfast voucher (yippee); Im so glad my 5 year old is now cultured in profanity ! After complaining about the hallway noises to staff; they said they'd have more "patrols" which had no effect on the noise... I didnt get a genuine sense of concern from staff as if they didnt really value FAMILIES staying at there hotel but instead a bunch of rowdy and obnoxious youths. The only good part of the hotel was "Candice" our waitress who was great !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank geritt g
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Lobstick Lodge, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I am sorry this guest did not enjoy their stay. Our pool area is very popular and, at times, can be very busy, which may require our guests to choose another time to enjoy this facility. Another option is to use a pool at one of our other properties; this information is given to every guest at check in in our key card holder.
I did hear about the incident in the restaurant and we definitely could have done a better job of handling that situation. I have talked to our food & beverage team and reiterated our policy of zero tolerance when it comes to profanity in our outlets and public areas.
We have security personnel that patrol our properties constantly and respond to noise complaints as quickly as possible. We did receive one noise complaint during this guest’s stay, from another part of the hotel, which was dealt with in less than 10 minutes.
Again I am sorry this guest did not enjoy their stay as we do consider ourselves a family friendly hotel and do hope we are given a second chance by the guest.

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Cockermouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Jasper is a very interesting place. Some great visits close by. Maligne Lake is absolutely stunning, and Athabasca Falls well worth a visit. Actually had a "bear experience" at Maligne. The Lobstick is quite a long way out of town, and stes itself up for bus tours. We travelled independently so didn't like it that much. Just all a bit ordinary!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Lobstick Lodge, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Brian W.
I am glad you were able to enjoy some of the attractions Jasper has to offer. The Lobstick Lodge is a pleasant 10 – 20 minute walk from the centre of town. We do have bus tours that stay with us and we cater to individual travelers and families as well.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Booked two king rooms for my family for a ski holiday. Very clean and quiet. All the staff were helpful and friendly. This is a popular hotel for young families so if you want peace and quiet, this might not be your first choice. However, my kids are grown now and we still book this hotel whenever we are in jasper. Can't beat the deal, the outdoor hot tubs and nice restaurant.

Room Tip: If you want it a little quieter request a room at the end of the hallways
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank ccsixpack
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed in room 125, right next to the stairs and indoor pool. The noise from the room above us was very loud. Not that our neighbors were noisy, but rather you could hear them walking around through the ceiling. The hallways are cavernous echo chambers that carry noise through the entire level. For example, we could hear the knock on the door for a room service delivery at the other end of the hallway. Even normal hallway noise (both from our level and the one above) was quite loud in our room. Children running through the hall upstairs was thunderous. While the hotel itself is quite dated, the next remodel effort should be spent towards noise reduction. There is plenty enough width in the hallways to add at least 6" of noise-reduction building materials.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Suppobill
Dear Suppobill,
Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been. I appreciate your comment s and we will look into ways of reducing noise in both the short term and long term.
Slave Lake, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked here after not being here for at least 15 years. I knew the hotel was an older one but had no idea that no upgrades have ever happened. I booked a kitchen suite as we are a family of 5 and thought instead of eating out we would buy groceries and cook in room. Also thought it would be big as we asked if lots of room for a playpen as we had a 9 month old. Well the part I liked was the room was right by the front doors and by office so it was close to unload and pack up. The staff was quick bringing things when needed but it seemed we always needed things!!!!
It was nosiy to be by front doors. Walls are paper thin could hear everything going on beside us, above us and under us:(
The room was not very clean as my baby found plenty of crumbs and such on floors crawling around and his clothes were filthy from being on the floor. Never had fresh towels always had to ask. No hood fan so cooking in room was pointless. Bathroom fan didn't work either. 2 double beds in one bedroom which was so small not enough room to put a play pen in so the playpen had to be in living area which was hard for my baby to sleep there with noise. The beds were so hard and uncomfortable and the first night one bed broke. The furniture in so outspdated, wore out and stained. I went to do a couple loads of laundry and one dryer was broke down so I had to wait for 1 load to dry to do the other it took 6 hrs to do 2 loads of laundry. Every time we went to a pop machine if the item we wanted was sold out it kept our money. The dinning place was ok but we had to wait 45 mins our first morning for pancakes. Don't eat supper there everything we ordered was so gross even the ceaser salad. The room stunk so bad no ventalation as we were not allowed to open windows. We went into pool and hot tubs first night and after all or bathing suits stunk so bad like stale beer I could of puked. We decided toleave a day earlier then booked and told them a over 24 hrs notice they Horace us a hard time on that. The parking sucks could never find a spot always had to walk. The kitchen table was broke the door handle on bathroom was falling off. I had my purse in a dresser drawer tucked under some clothes and when we returned back to room after being gone all day my purse handle was sticking out if drawer so I knew then someone had of been looking through my things. Will never stay here again and would never recommend this hotel ever.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Kristy L
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Lobstick Lodge, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I am sorry this guest did not enjoy their stay with us.

It is unfortunate that this guest did not notice the renovations and upgrades we have done in the past 5 years alone, some of which are:

All guest room Bathrooms have been completely renovated.
All guest rooms have new bedcovers and brighter lighting
We are on a bed replacement program and most rooms have new beds, this project will be completed by November.
New flat screen TV’s in all rooms and we are currently replacing the 2nd TV’s in our Kitchen units with new flat screens.
All corridors have new carpet, wall covings and paint.
The pool area was completely renovated 4 years ago.
Two public washrooms on the 3rd. floor were completely renovated.

I am glad to hear that our staff was accommodating but we will work on improving the deficiencies that are noted and hope to do a better job should this guest wish to stay with us again.
Cambridgeshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We did not stay here but ate here one evening as we were given vouchers for 5% off. The food was clearly straight from the freezer to the fryer or ready packed. I asked for a small variation in my meal and was told "it comes like that and can't be altered" When the food arrived it was not nice, I left mine completely. To be fair they did not charge for my meal after I pointed out the inedidibility of the food! I can't review the hotel but I would not recommend eating at The Lobstick.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple