“A great way to experience jasper!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge to your Saves list
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Old Lodge Road Jasper, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E1E0 , Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4TH NIGHT FREE
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Jasper
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort McMurray, AB
“A great way to experience jasper!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was my first time staying at a Fairmont, and I would definetly do it again. My rate was the 99 ways to play, $299 per night for a basic room with a $99 credit toward food/spa services. The best part of the lodge is the setting. You are in a beautiful area of jasper with an amazing setting. I had excellent service from check in to restaurant to room service and concierge to help with planning a kayak trip. The food was wonderful. I ate in the Moose grill for one meal, which was fantastic, on the patio restaurant for a lunch which was also fantastic. The only meal that wasnt fab was breakfeast in the family dining restaurant. It was too busy and crowded and only buffet. However, it wasn't bad. I would just plan different than brunch there on a weekend morning. I had two spa treaments and they were excellent and earned good tips from me. I also used the pool facilities, which i think arethe nicest in jasper, if a bit small. get there early on a sunny day if you want a lounger. The only other downside besides the crowded brunch buffet was the rooms. THey are a bit old, and no air conditioning. However, i didn't spend much time in my room. I was there to be outside, not in a room, so it didn't bother me. Just dont expect luxury room. YOu are paying for the amenities, and they are worth it! I would definetly stay there again. I had a great relaxing little vacation in one of the most beautiful areas of Canada.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

1,516 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Upstate NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Cobwebs on the ceilings, wood bed frames falling apart, stains on the carpets, mold in the bathrooms, stone floors in the main building unmopped for days or weeks?, musty odor everywhere in the rooms, breakfast in the basement, etc...

I get that it's supposed to be rustic, but dirty and run down isn't rustic.

Go to Jasper - it's stunning, but stay somewhere else.

If you complain perhaps they'll try to give you a "free upgrade" or "double free upgrade" but it's not really better than the standard room, from our experience.

It's a shame the hotel is so run down, because the location is beautiful and it has so much potential with some TLC.

Knutsford, Cheshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

I was thought long and hard about how I would try to explain what this hotel is like which is a cross between the 'Others' camp on lost and the dirty dancing film set. My review will be brief because someone else has summed it up very well so I will save my self the effort except for these few lines.(good review was on AUG 17 2009)

Very strange hotel which is simply not worth the money. The rooms were really hot with only fans to cool you down. The bathroom was tiny. The only part of the hotel complex that was the nice was the main part of the hotel . it's out of town about 3 kms. We had snack in hotel. food was ok but nothing special. some staff were excellent. some were poor. They probably struggle to keep people in this town. wireless Internet free if in presidents club

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

What a disappointment! My family and I stayed 3 nights here in August 2009. After a long journey we arrived and checked in - the location and main lodge certainly make a great first impression. I had booked on the Fairmont web site a room with a lake view at 499CAD a night - not cheap. When allocated our room it was not a lake view room as booked. I showed my paperwork which thankfully I had printed off their website to be told that the type of room I had booked just didn't exist. I was then told that the hotel was full so that was really it. After over an hour and a trip to look at two alternative rooms I was finally upgraded to a junior suite with a lake view but to be honest it was in dire need of painting and a refit - it certainly wasn't worth the money. The bathroom was small and very 1960s I would have been disappointed if I had paid Junior suite prices. The hotel did send a bottle of wine and milk and cookies for the kids and the lady on reception was very apologetic but to be honest this hotel trades on its location and needs serious money spending on it. It is a cross between a holiday camp and centre parcs but at 5 star plus prices. Save your money and go for a local lodge.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We recently spent a night at the lodge - our 3rd visit, but first in the summer. It was, as expected, fantastic. We had a beautiful deluxe 1 bedroom suite with spectacular views and our kids loved the pool. The amenties are excellent; the staff very professional and courteous. My husband loved the golf course!! One of my favourite Fairmont resorts!!

pasadena, california, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Just spent 3 nights August 12-13-14 there in an Executive King room which cost approx. $300. night including taxes. Grounds of hotel were lovely, staff was attentive and very friendly. However, when they describe themselves as "rustic" they mean it! With the exception of the comfortable bed, and nice amenities in the bathroom, the furniture looked like it belonged in my grandmother's lake cottage 50 years ago! Walls and decor hadn't been touched in years. To make matters worse, sound-proofing between the walls was non-exsistant--I could hear the occupants in the next room use their bathroom at 5:00AM , and had to endure a barking howling dog in the room next door on the last night. Food prices were pretty outrageous also--$25. for an omlette! We went to a buffet one night there for $42.00 per person. That was a little better value as they served seafood and tenderloin on the buffet. I liked the grounds, but honestly as we drove around Japser I saw some very nice places that I shall investigate further for next time. I will not come here again until I read that the hotel has gone through a major renovation.

los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We spent four nites there in August which is the high season for the lodge. Here is the summary:
Main Lodge .. very warm and comfortable. Overlooks a beautiful private lake.
Restaurants ... excellent food but very pricey. We opted to eat in town.
Golf course ... very scenic and good for even mid-high handicappers.
Gym, Pool & Spa ... first class.
Grounds ... spectacular!
Service ... front desk and concierge was first class and very responsive.
Location... certainly helps if you have a car since the Lodge is 3km from town.

Annoyances---
Room itself was nothing more than a basic motel room. Of course upgrades are available to full suites or even full cabins.
Room was not serviced one day.
Reserved a king size bed, but we were given a double (not even a queen). We requested (and received) a room change.
Messages were not received on the phone due to a problem with the phone. Very annoying because several people were trying to call us.
We were not briefed on joining the 'Fairmont President's Club' at checkin even though we were staying four nites (recommend that you inquire about this).

ALL IN ALL THOUGH THIS WAS A VERY GREAT STAY ... HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS AS THE PLACE TO STAY IN JASPER.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge? Share your experiences!