First time to JPL and was excited to spend a couple of days in what I thought was Jasper National Park's most luxurious accommodations.
We were greeted by staff upon driving up to the front entrance..and check in was quick. Our room was a bit smaller than expected and in need of some "TLC". Doors and windows were worn and sadly needed a new coat of paint, as well as the chairs on the deck. Tiles in the room were worn and chipped..closet door track was embedded with dirt and grime. Bathtub and surround needed a good scrubbing. Windows were filthy. Rug had remnants of some sort of crumbs..was it even vacuumed before we arrived? Table was so wobbly that we had to call to have it repaired. Staff promptly came to pick it up and promised to bring another. Still did not have the table replaced the next morning ... which would have been nice to put our cups of coffee on .... had the coffee maker been working! Dust bunnies hanging from the ceiling..remote control for the TV was full of grime and while the duvets were lovely, the sheets were old and pilled. OMG..I know we were paying over $300/night ... but were we really at a "Fairmont"??
While some cabins and lodges with lake views displayed lovely landscaping, others had empty flower beds infested with weeds and untrimmed hedges. Seriously...if this was the type of landscaping I was looking to enjoy I could have just stayed home!
On a positive note, our concerns were addressed immediately and we were moved to another room which was cleaner and had a stable table and working coffee maker!
The JPL grounds are spacious and views of the lake and mountains are spectacular.
Be prepared to dish out $15/day for internet service unless you are a "Fairmont President's Club" member. TV's in your room only offer movies to rent from $4.99 to $18.00 for new releases. Large outdoor pool and various other activities to participate in for a fee. Restaurants we dined at were good but expensive. ($25 for a burger..$4.50 for coffee)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and sparkling lakes, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge welcomes you to the Grand Rocky Mountain Lodge Experience. The charming cabins and rustic elegance make it the embodiment of peace, tranquility and natural beauty. Enjoy great golf, a luxury Spa, spectacular outdoor adventure opportunities, uncrowded ski slopes and fine cuisine at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Jasper Park Hotel Jasper
- Jasper Park Lodge
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Jasper
- Jasper Fairmont