“Hated the smoke detector!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pine Bungalows

You added Pine Bungalows to your Saves list
Pine Bungalows
2 Cottonwood Creek Road | PO Box 7, Jasper, Alberta, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Jasper
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hated the smoke detector!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

I have visited Jasper many, many times. I've stayed in hotels and cabins and tented too. But one of the best experiences I've had was at Pine Bungalows. It's clear what sort of place it is when you arrive: polite notices about noise and the entitlement of guests to peace and quiet are an indication that yahoos with loud stereos aren't welcome. Nor did we find any. What we did find, however, was absolute tranquility in the surroundings and a cabin which was really cozy and a bed which was almost as comfy as the one at home. The cabin my wife and I used sits close to the edge of the Athabasca River. The views are spectacular during the day and at night the sound of the river rushing by is a soothing pre-bed treat. On one night, when it was really clear, the snow-capped peak of Mount Edith Cavell was lit up by moonlight and we sat with a couple from a neighbouring cabin and sipped wine and marvelled at the beauty. The cabins designed for couples are small: ours was basically one large room which contained a bed, a couch, and a kitchen table with four chairs. The kitchenette, which is in the same room, is well equipped with fridge and stove and everything you need for cooking (but no corkscrew - I was glad I brought one with me!), and there's a separate bathroom with lots of hot water. The only irritant for me was a faulty wired in smoke detector which woke us at 2.45 a.m. on our first night and at 3.40 a.m. the second night. I reported the problem to staff after our first disrupted sleep and they attempted to fix the device. But when it went off the next night, I unplugged it from the ceiling - and although it was subsequently replaced by staff, I unplugged it again the following night to make sure I got at least one good sleep! Apart from that problem I loved the cabin: it was clean, had lots of windows, and my wife and I felt quite at home. And the Pine Bungalows staff are extremely friendly and helpful and certainly do all they can to make the stay of their guests as pleasant as possible. They also gave me a discount on my bill because of the problem with the smoke detector (a problem which, apparently, was encountered by other guests that same weekend). So: I'd certainly recommend Pine Bungalows to anyone with two provisos. (1) Unplug the smoke detector at night; (2) bring a corkscrew!

Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

We recently spent three nights at pine bungalows and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our cabin was clean, spacious and comfortable. Although the location is conveniently close to Jasper (2 kms), it felt like a much more secluded locale. Two mornings we were greeted by Elk and their young resting outside our door. We would definitely stay at pine bungalows again.

Stayed July 2005
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

Our "bungalow" was more like a posh shed. It was basic but nice inside but there was no tv, radio, clock or breakfast or anywhere near you could get breakfast from and it was really cold at night. There was a heater but it was really noisey so it couldnt be left on at night - some cabins had log fires.

The staff were friendly and within the reception there was a little shop which included a few tinned goods, sweets & drinks.

We had a family of deer outside our cabin when we arrived which was nice and the river was not that far away either.

If you are looking to get away from it all and dont mind roughing it then this is the place for you - not me!!!

• Stayed July 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2005

We stayed one week at Pine Bungalows in Jasper.

The location was great and the log cabin was wonderful.

During our whole stay the floor of the cabin wasn't cleaned once. Only towels were changed. In the end I cleaned the cabin, but after we retured in the evening the cabin floor was dirty again.
Soap and cleaning tissues were not replaced during our stay.
There were lots of ants in our log cabin.
The cabin had a woodburing fireplace but there was no firewood available, so we had to buy the firewood for 6$ a day. Also the woodburning fireplace was cleaned once during 6 days. Althogh we asked for, that someone should clean it, because we had no cleaning equipment, nothing happend.

All in all we will never stay again in that resort. The location and the cabins are really great, but the service is terrible and we can not recomend to stay there. There are a lot of other resorts arround, which have also great log cabins with woodburning fireplaces and which have a much better service.

• Stayed June 2005
Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2005

My Mum and I stayed at the Pine Bungalows this past September for 5 nights. It was wonderful! We had a cabin right by the river. Cabin was small, but had great atmosphere. There was a working fireplace, small kitchen area, sitting area, and for us 2 twin beds (other cabins have doubles or queens as needed). The bathroom was small, but has everything you need including a tub.

Many of the cabins were renovated this past year so they have hardwood flooring which was great. I just can't say enough good things about this motel. It is about two minutes outside of Jasper townsite, so at night gets quite dark and quiet. In the fall there is a very good chance of seeing elk and deer from your windows, or certainly at the hiway turn off.

There is no restaraunt on site, but you really dont need one. Small fridge and stove in your cabin, coffee and tea supplies left daily.

This hotel is great for anything from couples looking for a romantic quiet weekend to a family reunion.

• Stayed September 2004
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2005

we have now stayed at the pine bungalows twice in the last year and really really enjoyed each stay, the first time was just my fiancee and myself, and the second time we had our kids all with us. so it made for 7, the staff is wonderful there and although we had a couple of "little problems" things worked out great. I would and have told many friends about the wonderful stays we have had there and hope to have many many more. thank you!! My fiancee is from Scotland and he loved it too. we can't wait to get back

Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2004

My daughter and I have just completed a holiday during September/October 2004 in the Rocky Mountains and Pine Bungalows was the perfect accommodation. The off season rate was reasonable and our heated log cabin also had a fireplace, kitchen & bathroom. The Athabasca river was a few metres away and elk, deer & squirrels were outside our cabin each morning & afternoon.

Been to Pine Bungalows? Share your experiences!