“Lovely B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seldom In Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Seldom In Guest House
You added Seldom In Guest House to your Saves list
123 Geikie Street, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 , Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 66 Jasper B&B and Inns
Stavanger
“Lovely B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights. Sherril and Doug are fantastic owners. We suggest this B&B for the price, the quality of the rooms and the hospitality. We had a double room with shared bathroom but this was not a problem: the shared bathroom is very clean (the only problem is the "traffic" but it can be easily solved talking with the other guests!). For the breakfast/dinner a room with microwave owen is available. Caffee is always available. We used this room for breakfast and dinner buying something at the market/bakery: you cannot have great meals but anyway you can avoid to go in a restaurant and save some money!
Actually the dining room, the living room etc. are shared with the owners: staying here means staying in a family and after three days it was difficult for us leaving this "new family".
Probably the best place we stayed during our three weeks trip in Canada!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ibben
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Many thanks to the hosts Sherrill and Doug for the nice stay. Very good location and starting point for exploring Jasper National Park.
Sherrill and Doug are very knowledgeable about the National Park and the city itself.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, with the most comfy beds on our trip
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed in the bonhomme room for 3 nights' a bright but small room on the 2nd floor of the house. No TV in room, probably a good thing. Both Doug and Sherrill were very friendly and helpful with suggestions on good walks to do and restaurants to eat at in Jasper. They live in the same house. There was a separate upstairs fridge for guests, with kitchen/dinning area downstairs. This place had a warm and sharing atmosphere, similar to a youth hostel. Not recommended for those who do not enjoy being sociable or making conversation after a long day out hiking. Also a bit noisy, can hear other guests walking around in their room, turning on the shower or talking loudly. Despite this, would still recommend this place for the hosts' helpfulness, great price and clean bright room.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Based on reviews, we chose this bed and breakfast. We were not disappointed. The two owners are rangers in the park for more than 20 years and are a heap of information for your trip. When we arrived we received maps of the area highlighted with the best lookouts, hikes, and places to eat. The first night we even got a small concert in the living room before heading off to bed.

The room itself it extremely clean and well ventilated. We had full access to the kitchen. Their internet sometimes didnt work but there is always a network to pick up from another house.

Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed there for 4 night for visiting my friend last week. I really enjoyed spending the atmosphere of the nice house. I like the room that I stayed. Actually, when i stayed there, I don't want to wake up early.The room is so comfortable;I like the hosts,Sherrill and Doug, they are enthusiastic and knowledgeable. If you don't know how to paly in Jasper, they will recommend the nice places to you;In the evening hours, you could be welcome to take your time in the living room, play instruments or reading books or have a have a nice converstion with the hosts.By the way, Doug is a musician and magician. Because i travel by myself, I was so happy that they drove me to visit the beautiful nature there. I will be look foward to go back with my family in next winter time.
這是我第一次到Jasper旅行,我喜歡這家民宿,待在那就像是待在自己的家,而且,民宿主人很熱心會介紹好玩的景點,甚至還會開車帶你過去,重點是可以和他們練習英文喔!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed at Seldom Inn with my partner in late December 2011 and we had a really enjoyable stay. The place is a short 10mn walk from the very center of Jasper, and the house and room are spacious and extremely clean. We were the only guests staying there, apart from Doug's friends, so we even had the bathroom for ourselves.

Doug was a very nice host and we felt very welcomed. He is very knowledgeable about the area, and his suggestions were great since we were short on time. Some of his Japanese friends were there during our overnight stay and they were very nice too. They even drove us to the Fairmont Park Lodge so as to allow us to have a nice walk/hike back home while saving us the extra time it would've taken to get there in the first place.

The living room and the kitchen are also open to guests and it was an additional plus. The free coffee and tea was also welcomed.

In short, I would recommend this place to anybody looking for a reasonably priced, yet fantastic place to stay. The hosts really do make the difference when traveling. Looking forward to be back there soon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed for 1 night at Seldom Inn, Jasper during the last week of Nov'11. I couldn't meet Sherrill as she was away on a trip but Doug was very friendly and we had nice conversation in the evening hours. Since I was short on time, I couldn't do much in Jasper but Doug (and Sherill, earlier over phone) suggested me some places to see which I will keep in mind for my future visits. Overall, this is a nice and friendly house when one can feel home and probably less expensive than any of the hotels nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Seldom In Guest House? Share your experiences!