“How can one come to Jasper & not visit the Bear's Paw?” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Café
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
Sandakan, Malaysia
“How can one come to Jasper & not visit the Bear's Paw?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I visited the Bear's Paw Bakery (and also its sister, The Other Paw Bakery) on the basis of great reviews and opinions of it. And having done so, I'm indeed glad I had done so - it was like a personal achievement that I would have rued had I missed it! The food on display sure looked yummy, and it was a great pity my appetite just isn't big nowadays, coupled with the fact that the serving sizes are quite big indeed!

I was there at around 7.30 am, and the place had only a few people, although a number of people came here for takeaway rather than sit-in. Ambience was very relaxed - well, it's Jasper and the Canadian Rockies after all!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
  • Polish first
Jasper National Park, Canada
“Fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Went to The Bear's Paw yesterday and stood at the back of a longish queue and was pleasantly surprized at the speed and friendliness of the service.
We enjoyed our sandwiches later in the day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing!!! All made by scratch and sooo good!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I am sooo pleasantly surprised by the Bear paw bakery!!
All items made by scratch,huge portions and so inexspensive!!! There bread is also made by scratch which just adds to the goodness of their sandwiches. I always have amazing food and customer service. Also there Latte's are amazing!!!
This is definately the go to place in Jasper!
Carrie-lynn Gauchier

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam
“It's a bakery!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Reading the reports we had high expectations. However, these were not entirely met. First of all, they placed their slowest trainee at the counter on mid day rush hour, while at least 3 others were waiting to process the orders. Our sandwich was spiced up with so much dijon mustard that we had to blow our nose for the rest of the afternoon. Overall it seems a good bakery albeit not that great as one might expect.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
JNP1973, Owner at The Bear's Paw, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate your feedback and will take it in to consideration. We also do appreciate our customers understanding that everyone must learn and this includes our new trainees. We try our best to relieve them when the line becomes significant however we believe in giving these young people a chance to not only gain work force skills but also life skills that will help them better perform under pressure and become more rounded individuals in general. Working the till is a complex multitasking assignment that once mastered results in an extensive skill set applicable to innumerable aspects of life and work. We thank you for your understanding that often in a seasonable destination such as Jasper, there are many new employees undertaking the daunting task of learning in the public eye.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We unfortunately tried this place twice, we could not believe trip advisor had got it so wrong, wandered if it was under new management. We went for breakfast one morning. The coffee was good. I had a cranberry and apple muffin which if it weren't for the fruit would have been quite dry. My husband had a bear claw pastry which was as solid as a rock. He tried to warm it in the microwave which they have in the shop and put butter on but eventually gave up, it was inedible. He bought a chocolate chip muffin which was as dry as anything and then gave up. The next day we had been a walk and fancied a coffee and the bear claw seemed to be the only coffee shop in town ( we were even hoping for a tim Horton!). My husband saw the large cranberry and white chocolate scones and decided to buy one to share....still hoping we had just picked the wrong things the day before....we cut it open and it was raw and uncooked inside. I thought it was the melted chocolate but closer examination proved me wrong. We gave up again. I have never wanted to write a bad review on trip advisor, this is my first.

• 1 of 5 stars Food