“Great atmosphere great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Downstream Restaurant & Lounge

Downstream Restaurant & Lounge
620 Connaught Drive | Downstairs, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta AB T0E 1E0, Canada (Formerly Downstream Bar & Grill)
(780) 852-9449‎
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 79 Restaurants in Jasper
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Great atmosphere great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Delicious meal: elk steak and buffalo sausage, good price, nice and helpfull staff. We defenetly return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Good vegetarian Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had this on my list of restaurants to visit after reading TA reviews and after looking at the menu and seeing a few vegetarian choices we went in. It is downstairs and a windowless room but the atmsophere was good and we had a very nice meal. My vegetable lasagne probably lived up to it's description as being the best in town, I didn't try any others but it was very nice. The only thing I would say as with all good food these days is that portions for hungry hikers were a bit on the small side. I had a cheesecake for dessert and added their special stout (I think) ice cream for $3 and got a teaspoonful. My husbands icecream sundae was missing it's biscuits as they had run out and he got nothing to replace them so it was really just icecream. That was a shame.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

As a veggie abroad I often struggle to find a decent place to eat that suits me and my carnivore partner but we succeeded here. Tucked away below another restaurant we wondered whether it would just be another burger bar but the food and service were great and we even enjoyed watching the white water canoeing on the large TV! Next time in Jasper we will be back.

• Visited August 2012
Cary, North Carolina
“Great Gluten-Free Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have been following Trip Advisor recommendations for years, but this is the first time that I felt compelled to write my own restaurant review. When I saw Downstream's menu, I was immediately struck by its numerous gluten-free entrees. My wife and I gave it a try and were blown away by the quality of the food and the service. The restaurant is sporty (bar and wall TVs) and has a lively ambiance. We were staying at Jasper Lodge but Downstream's food was much better than the Fairmont! I had the curry mussels and liked them so much that we went back the next night for a second helping. My wife had the pumpkin lasagna and it was delicious. The second night the chef made a special gluten-free hamburger for her. Whether you are gluten free or not, this is a restaurant worth patronizing

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great restaurant, fantastic food, drinks and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

From the outide this place doesn't look that much, we really just went down because we thought the prices on the menu looked reasonable. Once inside we thought it looked great, it's got a nice atmosphere to eat dinner and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was great, I has the elk steak and my husband had the duck, both were fantastic. There were obviousy a few new staff working, we noticed the manager was quite busy trying to oversee everything, but still made time to chat to every table. When we paid the bill, we noticed that there was an extra drink on our bill, we pointed this out, the manager apologised, rectified the bill and gave us a complimentary drink. Really would recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting jasper.