“Not great” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pocahontas Cabins

Save Saved
You added Pocahontas Cabins to your Saves list
Pocahontas Cabins
2.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Jct Hwy 16 and Miette Hot Spring Road, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0, Canada   |
Edmonton
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

We stayed in one of the cabins that have a kitchenette. I think it was called a deluxe suite. The cabins are cute, clean and are a decent size. However, the bed was horribly uncomfortable, and if you can't get a good sleep, what's the point? Considering the time of year (it was absolutely dead when we were there), and the lack of amenities (the restaurant was closed for the season, no hot tub or pool), we felt the room was overpriced. Our TV wasn't working, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but there was nothing else to do! Overall, it wasn't a great experience and we won't be going back there.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

My husband and I stayed in at the Pocahontas Cabins on the weekend of November 7-9. We stayed in a Deluxe Cabin (#125). The cabin itself was very nice. We appreciated the kitchenette and actually cooked a lasagna dinner one night. The only complaint we had was the bed. It wasn't very comfortable and could stand to be replaced. We brought our dog with us and were happy to have alot of space to run him around outside. We were, however quite shocked when we saw another dog being allowed in the hottub!!!! EW!! Thank goodness we had been in the hottub the night before.
The drive to Jasper was a bit long but there is beautiful scenery along the way. We saw lots of wildlife.
The resturaunt was closed for renovations when we were there but we got a phone call letting us know about it before we left home. We took advantage of the free continental breakfast the first morning but then just ate in the hotel room the 2nd day.
The cabins are nice for a romantic getaway weekend. I wouldn't want to stay much longer than one weekend.

• Liked — the charming cabins were very clean.
  • Disliked — the uncomfortable bed
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RPMJasper, Manager at Pocahontas Cabins, responded to this review, December 19, 2008
We appreciate receiving the candid comments from any and all guests at Pocahontas Cabins. All our customers need to be assured that dogs are not allowed in our hot tub. Once advised of the situation, we asked the guest and dog to leave the hot tub, we immediately closed the tub, drained it. We did not allow guests to use the hot tub until it was refilled, the proper chenicals added and that the resulting tests ensured the chlorine and pH levels were safe for our guest's use. This caused an inconvenience to our other guests until we were comfortable with the chemical levels.

Thank you again for the observations of our property on your stay.
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

I read the reviews before my trip and was a little nervous because of all the negative reviews. I think that this place was very clean and soo romantic. The restaurant staff are very friendly and it's a great atmosphere to stay in. My only complaint was the beds were a little hard but it can't be perfect. The cabins were extremely clean and the housekeepers come around every morning to give fresh towels and clean up if you'de like them too. There is a great outdoor pool and hot tub plus a little park for the kids. We had a great romantic experience and we are planning to go back again and again.

Stayed July 2008
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

The Pocahontas Cabins are worth the 42km drive from the townsite of Jasper! My family of (4), which included my 81 year-old mother-in-law, my 13 year-old teenaged son, my husband, and me, stayed in an executive cabin for 2 nights. It looked brand new, and it was really cute! The cabin was extremely clean, well-appointed, and perfectly arranged. The kitchen was large, had full-sized appliances, and had all of the tools needed to fix a complete meal. My son enjoyed the game room, the heated outdoor pool, and the tv in his loft.

This property also includes a laundry, a BBQ area, and a restaurant. There is a small gift shop/store that enables guest to "pick up" a few needed grocery items, but it is by no means a well-stocked store. The manager was very helpful, in selling us needed grocery items from the restaurant kitchen, at a reasonable price, so that we would not have to travel back to Jasper to buy supplies.

We were impressed with the staff, their helpfulness, and their attention to meeting the needs of families staying with them. I would heartily refer others to the Pocahantas Cabins, and I hope to return again for a longer stay.

• Liked — Excecptionally well-maintained property at family prices
  • Disliked — I would have loved for the store to have a larger selection of food items.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

Stayed for just one night in Pocahontas cabins - really clean, spacious cabins. Great for families - heated pool, bbq area etc, 42k from town of jasper. Staff very nice. Only issue we had was kitchen very slow for breakfast - took an hour as they were understaffed and our order was missed . They were very good about it though and only charged us $10 for two fully cooked breakfasts, tea & OJ as it was their mistake. Cant fault this place.
Cabins fully fitted out - kitchen, bathroom, separate bedroom, couch /bed also in living area, tv, all utensils etc. Small grocery store and gift shop on site also.

• Liked — Cabin
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ardrossan AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Myself and a buddy stayed Friday and Saturday night in one of the small cabins. The cabin was clean and had a TV to watch the news and get weather forcast. We came from Edmonton on our moterbikes so was nice to park them right beside the cabin. I enjoyed the hot tub was clean and hot. The food was great as we didnt cook. I will return in Oct. and bring the wives with us. Great BBQ area as well you can bring your dogs. Was I figured a great family holiday and to cook can save big dollars. Jasper is not that far if you want to go and fight the crowds. Real quiet to sleep as well. You can hear the highway a bit but not to bad. the only thing that was not great was the pull out bed. My god its not a sleep country matress. Ive slept on the ground in the tent and it was more comforatable! Anyway not a big deal, rest of the place made up for it, the heat sure worked in the cabin way to hot!! had to turn them off. The tour on the bikes was also great, the road up to Miette and Malign lake was great. One hint let the sunwarm up the air a bit cold.

• Liked — Quiet BBQ area, pet frendly
  • Disliked — Pull out bed
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

Hello all, we (myself, Mom and Dad) enjoyed our stay at the Pocahontas Cabins mostly because of the location. One of the attractions we wanted to visit was the Miette Hot Springs in Jasper which is only a couple of kilometers away from the cabin. To get to the point, the cabin was clean, beds were comfortable and the staff was great. The customer service was outstanding! The only downside to our stay was the restaurant. The restaurant is part of the Pocahontas Cabins so it's not like it's a separate owner to the cabins. In simple terms, they didn't have half of the items that was listed on their menu (food and drinks, my Mom wanted to order Wine) and even the items we did order they ran out of my side order of fries. My family and I truly understand that sometimes restaurants do have their bad days but let's be real here. I can understand not having one or two items in stock, but to be missing more than 5 or 6 it becomes a problem. In conclusion, the cabin was great guys I do recommend. I on the other hand do not recommend the restaurant. Note: the one thing I left out was there was only one waitress working and we had to wait very long for our order. Anyways, good luck guys!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pocahontas Cabins? Share your experiences!