“True local restaurant. ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“True local restaurant. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014 NEW

I love this place for its local ownership and regular customers. The food is always great, the music appropriate and low and the service top notch. It's not cheap but great experiences never are.

“Great dinner combo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

Although a little bit pricing at $32 per person, the combo meal for couple is very tasting, the best greek foods i have ever had over many countries.

Roatan
“Very Disappointing...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

We went to dinner after reading the great reviews. The restaurant was only half full, but the music and background noise of crying babies, made it almost impossible to hear each other talking. We asked to be moved into the lounge area where it was much quieter.

There were no bread or rolls as appetizers. The wine list had wines from Italy, France, Greece, Argentina, and Australia, but only one wine from Canada. I found this an insult because BC produces many wines which have won international competitions.

My wife asked for a calamari dinner, which arrived with two small pieces of very greasy potato, and a small portion of steamed vegetables. The small greek salad was warm and the lettuce wilted from being under the heat lamp. The calamari was overcooked and rubbery.

My lamb souvlaki was very tough, and the rice way overcooked. I thought the souvlaki price of $26.00 was outrageous, even if the quality had been good.

Our other guest had the Mediterranean chicken, and except for the overcooked rice, was decent.

The server was inattentive, and not welcoming at all.

When the manager visited us and asked how we enjoyed our dinner, he was not interested in listening to our negative opinion and walked away as quickly as he could.

Overall, a very disappointing experience, and I will not return.

• Visited November 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Great Food and Excellent Service!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Had supper at the Acropolis resturant the other evening, by far one of the best Greek Tavernas I have been too. Greeted by friendly manager who shook hands and made you feel at home, then our server was prompt and knowledgable. Never had to wait for a drink, I ordered the Mediterranean Chicken which was delicious, and my friends had the fall off the bone shoulder of lamb and the Moussaka. Prices were good as no more expensive than going to a Sawmills or Keg, what really stands out at this place is the great service and food! My favourite place to eat in Grande Prairie.

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food & Good Service ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

I've been to this restaurant a few times and each time is consistently good. The service is always great, maybe it's because whenever we go the restaurant is pretty empty, not sure why. The food is good, I ate a salmon roe dip without realizing it was fish eggs and I really liked it! I like their pitas and dips and their Greek Salad. The musakka is good as well. I like going to restaurants like this in Grande Prairie because the majority of restaurants here all chains and franchises. I would recommend going.