“Absolutely horrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holloway Inn & Suites

You added Holloway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Holloway Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11710-102 Street, Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 7S7, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Grande Prairie
“Absolutely horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Three fire alarms from 2:30 to 5:00 am. No direction from staff. Two trips out to vehicle with -40 weather and a very rude front desk lady. ( big lady with neufy accent)
Charged full rate and we checked out at 6am due to them having the fire alarm now on silent mode.
The second alarm people actually stayed in their rooms!
I see from past posts this is ongoing and feel that if you choose to stay at this chain of hotel once they got your credit card your on your own.

I will ensure I spread this information via social media so hopefully other families are not subject to this torture.
I have three children aged 8,7,5 and the girls are totally scared to stay at hotels anymore....

Business such as Pomeroy should have consequences for faulty equipment and bare minimum should cover the costs of a traumatic stay.
I was told by the lady at the front desk that she thinks it's fair to charge the full rate a the fire alarm is there for our protection!

I'm sure the manager will sugar coat it with some statement by I will never stay with any hotel associated to Pomeroy.

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times this year and every stay was excellent. The rooms were clean, staff was very friendly, breakfast was great and I love being able to cook in my room that is complete with a dishwasher! We have never heard much of anything for noise which is great since we like the peace and quiet. On our last stay i came back from shopping and I was unable to get into my room, I used my cell phone and called the front desk, the lady told me to come down and get another key card but when i told her I had a child, a dog and 6 bags of groceries she brought the key to me, it was definitely greatly appreciated. Those are the little things that make me a return customer, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Grande Prairie. We are spending our Christmas at the Pomeroy this year and I can't wait, we have booked a King Suite this time instead of the Queen Suite and i'm sure it will be just as great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
PomeroyInnGP, Manager at Holloway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Michelle, Thank you for you wonderful comments regarding our Hotel. Myself and all my staff take great pride in our Hotel. I am glad to see you will be staying with us again on December 23rd -27th. I hope your stay is just as enjoyable.

I also wanted to mention our breakfast will not be a hot breakfast on the 25th or the 26th. My Front Desk Staff will be looking after the breakfast room as my Breakfast Person has the time off over the holiday.

General Manger
Hinton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

although we had to wait for 30 minutes for our room to be completed, we found our stay in the kitchenette suite quite enjoyable. The bed was very comfortable, the decor was new and fresh, and we found the amenities:pool, gym, breakfast to be very well appointed.
I have stayed in both Grande Prairie Pomeroy hotels and liked both of them. I am very fussy about cleanliness and I have to say that the staff were more then helpful in making me and my family at home and welcome. Very much recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors away from the pool would be less noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PomeroyInnGP, Manager at Holloway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed staying with us and we hope to see you again. I would also like to apologize for your wait while your room was being made ready for you.

Take Care
RL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I will admit room was good ! But TWO mornings in a row having a 5 AM "fire drill" and having to take our two half asleep kids out in the cold and them not do a thing but laugh about the situation and of all people the manager tell you have a nice stay in a different hotel. After the VERY POOR service wouldn't recommend staying .

• Stayed November 2013
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Holloway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I received your email today and unfortunately there has been a misunderstanding concerning the fire alarms being activated on November 9th and 10th. These were not fire drills, or any one smoking, or any one pulling one of our pull stations. This happened two nights in a row due to a faulty heat censer in one our Elevator rooms. I have had our electrician in and they have now fixed the problem. Fire Alarms are for the safety of all our guests, I do apologise for the inconvenience it may have caused you and your family. As for your remarks at the end of your email, I certainly do not remember having that conversation with you as it would be something I would not have said to you.

High Level, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We've been staying at Pomeroy in Grande Prairie for years, and whenever we stay at other hotels in other cities (which is more often) we always compare to Pomeroy Inn & Suites. Pomeroy's rooms are spacious and offer everything for a comfortable stay with your family, whether it's amazing beds or a kitchen (with dishes and dishwasher, oven, full-size fridge/freezer and stove/oven, rounded counter with two bar-stools) to feed my little ones. My girls love turning on the fireplace as they wind-down for the evenings, and my husband and I have another room to ourselves, so we're not all confined to an earlier bed-time. (This is in regards to the King Suites, but we've often used the double Queen rooms, and they are wonderful as well)
*** We've stayed here for several years and the staff have ALWAYS been professional, polite and helpful! (When my husband was in town for surgery they went above and beyond to make him comfortable as he recovered there one night before our trip home)
*** The pool (with waterslide) is large, as is the hot-tub. To add to that, the lounging area is very spacious, which works wonderful when you're travelling with extended family and you have some people swimming and others sitting out and visiting on the side.
*** This hotel still looks like new. The lobby, wonderfully-wide hallways, rooms, pool area and breakfast area are ALWAYS clean, even in the middle of our wet and yucky winters.
*** The Continental Breakfast is fantastic. Full of options for our eclectic tastes, my whole family leaves happy and satisfied. (Scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, waffles, cereals, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, danishes, toast, fruit, fresh juices, coffee, and more)
*** The location is perfect for Grande Prairie. Right between the Mall and the West side with it's newer venues.
The price is a little higher than other hotels but you get a WAY BETTER experience for only that little more expense.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Holloway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Darlene, I received your review for this Hotel today and I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. As you know these reviews are posted on Trip advisor and help other guests decide on which hotel to book when coming to Grande Prairie, so thank you again so much.

Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

They treat you like royalty.
The continental breakfast is amazing...
More fresh fruit would be nice for those of us needing a healthier choice :)
The pool is so fun for kids and we had fun with all the other kids staying their also.
The beds are better than home.
I cant wait to sleep in their bed again! so comfy!!
Definitely my first choice... Hope I can get a better price next time as I am on a Budget :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Holloway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. It makes myself and my staff very proud when we can make our guests happy and satisfied when they stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We travel to Grande Prairie 5 or 6 times a year and have been staying at different hotels to find one that we like and would return to again and again. This trip we stayed at the Pomeroy. It is a very nice hotel with very spacious rooms. It was so nice to have a full mini fridge with everything that you could need. Our room was clean and we both slept well. We requested a quiet location as we turn in early in the evening. The breakfast was good and the staff very helpful. We will most likely return depending on the rates for nights we require. Yes I would recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Holloway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments we are always happy when our guests are satisfied. When in Grande Prairie please stay again.

Kathy Mcleod

Been to Holloway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!