“This place was absolutely terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Grande Prairie, Canada
“This place was absolutely terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I ordered here because it got a 4 out of 5 on this site. The prices were very high to our standards, were from Vancouver where you can get amazing authentic cuisine for a very good price. We ordered a dinner for 2, as well as a Vietnamese dinner. When I called, she said I would need to pay $2.95 to substitute the chicken fried rice for Cantonese chow mien, because it has seafood in it. We got 2 prawns, one piece of pork and a ridiculously small amount of veggies. NO chicken

When I went to pick up the food, I asked the woman if there was plum sauce, and she rudely replied " everything is in the bag". While I was paying she left and went behind the counter, and was pouring soup, I thought it was mine, and asked if it was, as it didn't appear that mine was in my bag, because it was so small, she replied "did I tell you you were waiting for wonton?" I said "no", she said "then why would you ask me that?", I explained why....
Then when I went to grab my bag she got frustrated and said " would you grab it by the top!!!".
Last I checked I am an adult and I have been handed hundreds of take out bags and do not need to be told rudely, how to grab a bag from her. Frankly I think she was pissed I didn't leave a tip. The price was too high to leave one, in my opinion.

When we arrived home, we were shocked at how poor of quality the food was, We had 5 prawns in total between two dishes. The food tasted like it had been sitting there since lunch, the beef in the Szechuan beef dish was almost unidentifiable. The lemon grass chicken was cold and tasteless and we were given generic Thai chili sauce to pair with it. The noodles had nothing on them, they served us plain vermicelli noodles. I suppose they expected us to put the chili sauce on it.

Overall we barely ate anything, we were all disgusted, and frankly a little worried we'd get sick. I bravely called to tell the woman we were disappointed and she refused to do anything for us. Nothing at all. I was appalled. There goes $40 down the drain.

I would not recommend this for anyone used to eating good quality Asian cuisine.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Grande Prairie, Canada
“Did not enjoy our food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My experience was delivery, not dine in. I have tried many chinese restaurants, several in GP as well and this was not a good choice for us. I am surprised actually as I chose to try this restaurant because of the trip advisor reviews all of which were average or good, mabye we got a "off night" as our food was not hot nor did my family or I enjoy any of our many selections with the exception of the chicken balls. I am sorry but I will not be ordering again.

Visited November 2012
“Best Chinese Take-Out in Grande Prairie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is not a sit-down place. They specialize in take-out so my review is based on that alone.

Ordered take out from here twice now, and it was fantastic both times.  Food tasted very fresh and the biggest thing for me is it's not greasy like a lot of Chinese spots in GP.  Pineapple Chicken Balls were amazing! We also had Shanghai Noodles,  Beef & Vegetables and Chicken Fried Rice.

Only downside was I couldn't find a menu online. Would've been nice to order ahead. With that said, from the time she took my order to it being ready, I only waited 20 mins.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming.  Highly recommend!!
I'm adding a photo of the take out menu for future diners. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Canada
“Basic Chinese/Vietnamese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife and I were at Super Rice Bowl during our stay in GP and ordered the vietnamese combination for 2. The hot and sour soup is very good as is the almond shrimp and lemongrass beef, however the wrap it yourself chicken and noodle plate was poorly constructed. The dish would be better if the rolls were wrapped in the kitchen prior to serving.

The hostess/owner is a breath of fresh air and is very social with her guests, always checking on them and striking up conversation. As usual, love seeing ethnic cuisine breaking through the fast food burger jungle of the north! Feels good to support their culinary dreams as well instead of a giving more money to a chain.

Visited June 2012
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

been looking for a chinese /vietnamese restaurant here in GP and i just found this today.. very nice ambiance and great food.the taste is just right. i am a big eater and i can assure you this is one of the best.....

• Visited May 2012