“I slept like a baby!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10745 117th Ave, Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 7N6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Grande Prairie
Saskatoon, Canada
“I slept like a baby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great stay. First floor room, the bed was the most comfortable I have ever stayed in. I relaxed like never before. Well rested and ready for the day! I had HD cable, unusual for a hotel. The wi-fi was the best I have ever had in a hotel. The breakfast was the same as usual, same stuff every day. They only change between bacon and sausage, getting kind of old. I have stayed in several Best Western's and this hotel needs to get creative with breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMBWGP, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We are very happy to see that the pilot project in regards to creating a superior HSIA experience is being appreciated, thank you!

Though we are proud of our full hot complimentary breakfast which includes farm fresh eggs, bacon or sausages, we are always looking for ways to serve you better. In that vein we have started to add some new items to our menu that will be rotating daily. We look forward to seeing you again and hearing your input on this.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
RED DEER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed here many times, over all its a good place to stay. Clean rooms, lots of hot water, nice TV sreens, but they don't subcribe to much. The breakfast is hot and borning but its fresh and filling. Staff try to help when there is an issue and fix any problem you may have with your stay with out intervention of the manager.

Room Tip: Rooms in front are better view....rear faces a commercial building.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMBWGP, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Our entire team prides itself on our ultimate goal of meeting and exceeding the expectations of every guest. To that end we have recently installed the Telus OPTIK TV with stunning HD channels. As this is new to us specifically and hotels in general we were unsure on which channels to subscribe to. However, in response to guest requests we are working at increasing the channel selection for your enjoyment.
Whitecourt, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Used to be a pleasent place to stay but things have changed. In the last 3 months front desk has not returned my call (they were busy and said they would call me), gave me attitude when I asked why they needed so many credit card imprints, and gave me a smoking room when I don't smoke.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMBWGP, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
We are sorry to see that you felt that our service was below your expectations. Unfortunately, when you book for your hotel room they request your credit card info but we also need to run a pre-authorization to cover any incidentals or damages that may occur or to cover pet charges which are separate from the original booking charges.
We are pleased to offer the option of smoking or nonsmoking to our guests. As with many hotels in the industry pet rooms are in designated smoking rooms as they both require the same level of cleaning.

Please feel free to come visit us again to give a chance to acheive or exceed your expectations as that is our goal for all of our guests.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Recently stayed for one night on Dec 30/12. Room was very clean and spacious. Wifi worked really well. The only real complaint I would have for the hotel is the cable tv. There is no selection of channels, but there is in room movies. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMBWGP, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments on your stay at our hotel. We have recently upgraded our internet and TV to Telus. This allows for 10mg of internet bandwidth in each room. The Telus Optik system is quite new to hotels and currently includes 76 recommended channels as well as a very extensive movie and pay per view listing. We are happy to hear any input our valued customers have in regards to preferred channel additions.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I reviewed this hotel about a year ago. I have since stayed there 4 or 5 more times. I didn't like the noise level, and the wifi before. All my recent stays have been quiet, and the hotel has just upgraded their wifi. It now works perfectly. I was able to FaceTime with my family, and watch NetFlix over the wifi with no problems.

The breakfast at this hotel far exceeds the breakfasts normally offered in hotels of this level. It is a full buffet of hot food, along with great selection of cereals, yogurt and fresh fruit.

The only thing I would still like to see them improve is the cardio equipment in their workout room. The three pieces (bike, elliptical and treadmill) have seen better days.

In my work travels, I have stayed in far worse hotels and paid more money for them. For the price and what you get with that price, this hotel is a bargain.

Room Tip: I discovered the queen bed suite is perfect for business travellers. It has a nice work area, and th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GMBWGP, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear John S.

Thank you for your kind comments and we are happy to see that our improved HSIA services are achieving the desired results. This new service, which is now installed in every room of the hotel, greatly increases Wi-Fi speeds as each guest has their own dedicated modem for each room so that no one has to share bandwidth any longer.
We also take pride in our fresh, full breakfast and our staff will be happy to know that their efforts are appreciated. Our corporate queen suites are designed for the business traveller and are a recommended upgrade.

On the other hand, we purchased a new treadmill and bike; however, as you know the shipping during the holiday season takes little longer.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again, and we wish you happy holidays for you & yours.
Grande Cache, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I booked a room through Hotwire, and thought I would get the nicest hotel available, a 3 star for $165. This room was paid for prior to finding out the hotel, and when I arrived at the rigistration desk I was told that the only room available was a smoking room or I could pay another $120 for a jacuzzi or presidential room. I am a non-smoker and cannot stand to be around it as I feel smothered, but I could not afford to pay more money. The lady at the desk offered me a room spray - insult to injury! I spent the night in a room that felt and smelled like an ashtray. It reeked strongly of smoke, felt grimy and had torn curtains in the window. The window was frozen shut, so I could not let in any fresh air.

I advised the lovely girl at the front desk that the hotel should not allow it's rooms to be ruined by smoking, and that these rooms should not be offered for online booking where people are not asked their smoking preferences. What a terrible experience and a huge waste of money! I have stayed at this hotel before and the non-smoking room was fine, but I felt like I was duped out of my money on this one!

Room Tip: Don't book online if you want a non-smoking room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GMBWGP, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Value guest,

Let my start by apologizing that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our goal is to make every stay for all of our guests enjoyable & memorable.
Although, booking online through some channels is one of the most convenient & cheapest ways, it comes with a price of twofold: 1) you cannot select the hotel of your choice; 2) you cannot select the room type. From Hotwire end, they do not see our room types, they only see available units in numbers; and from the hotel end there is no way for us to know the guest preferred room type as Hotwire doesn’t offer these kind of guest preferences in their reservation screens. My understanding that this complaint is also communicated to Best Western International and they explained to you that the hotel was sold out that night; however, as a courtesy they offered you a satisfactory resolution, and explanation for the nature of the problem.

We are looking forward to welcome you again, and extend our warmest hospitality for your next visit to Grande Prairie. Please do not hesitate to contact me in person or any one from my team for your next visit arrangements.

Been to BEST WESTERN Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!