“Great value for the price. Excellent quality bedding...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Grande Prairie

You added Super 8 Grande Prairie to your Saves list
Super 8 Grande Prairie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10050 116th Ave., Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 7N6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Grande Prairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I called to the front desk last night to arrange a seat on the shuttle bus to the airport. I was told it left at 5:30. The next morning while getting ready I received a call at 5:10 asking if I could come downstairs right now because the shuttle actually leaves at 5:10. I rushed quickly and made it, but there isn't much benefit of a great free breakfast if you're told the wrong time and can't get any. The lady at the front desk was apologetic and said she would have gotten me a cab, but I've already missed one first thing in the morning flight due to late cabs and I'd prefer not to risk it again.

Overall a generally poor experience from a hotel I used to enjoy.

Also note, the Internet is slow to the point where it is basically unusable.

• Stayed November 2012
Super8GPAB, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Good day,

I hope that the discussion and rectification you received with Sherry was adequate. As mentioned the hotel uses PCO to ensure we have no issues at the hotel and to date we have been completely free of any mice in any of the guest rooms. I again apologize for the issue.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I come to GP for work quite often and was looking for a hotel to make my regular.

I've stayed here a couple times at Super 8 and thought it was great. I came today and discovered the hot tub was down. Not a huge deal.. Then I found mouse poop in my room (pics added). I called the front desk to let them know. They asked if I wanted to change rooms, I said no there isn't much point. And that was the end of the convo. Didn't even ask my name or room or let me know they would look into it.

I love this hotel because of great breakfasts and the hotel shuttle, but having mouse poop and the staff not seeming to mind is probably a deal breaker.

• Stayed November 2012
Super8GPAB, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
My sincere apologizes on this incident that took place. We are contacting you directly to discuss the situation and the rectification of this event. Again we apologize.

GM
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Great location, mall right across the street, plenty of restaurants to chose from. The first room we received smelled like smoke so they gave us the family suite. It was a great room, bigger than apartments I've lived in across the country. My daughter loved the pool, the slide was great. My only complaint is the hot tub wasn't working. The staff was excellent, pleasant housekeepers as well. Will stay here next time I'm in town for sure.

• Stayed July 2012
Super8GPAB, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I am glad the team was able to rectify the situation for you and I hope to be of service to you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Vernon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed in a Queen suite that could accomodate 6 people. The queen bed was in a large separate bedroom, twin bunk beds in a separate bedroom for the kids, queen sofa bed with fireplace in the living room and full kitchen. The suite was a comfortable size for the 5 of us. We were in town for a wedding and other guests that were staying in the hotel with us also requested a queen suite. Not all the suites are the same! Their "queen suite" was extremely cramped and they were very unhappy! Their bathroom was tiny, small living room, did not have a full kitchen, easily half the size of ours. In order to get to the kids separate room, you had to walk through the parent's room and there was barely enough room to walk around the bed. Make sure to specify the suite with the fireplace for the larger room.

We had requested a non-smoking room which it was, however, you had to walk through the smoking area to get to the suite. The first half of the hallway was filled with smoking rooms and the entire hallway smelled strongly of smoke. The hotel could use some renos, as the carpets were stained and rooms were showing wear. The free buffet breakfast had many options, was hot and well stocked. The kids loved the water slide and pool, however, while we stayed here the hot tub remained drained and not available for guests to use. The hotel is close to the shopping mall, movie theater, and several restaurants. This hotel is a good choice for a short stay for the budget conscious traveller.

Room Tip: If requesting the queen suite with bunk beds and sofa bed, make sure to ask for the suite with the f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Super8GPAB, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are currently working on many upgrades to the property this past year and are continuing on into the next year. We are working towards having the original wing that was built upgraded with new carpeting, paint and furniture along with the construction of the pool area for a new hot tub and many more updates at the property.

Thanks again,

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Comfortable beds and pillows; nice pool with playroom and water slide for the kids (ask for towels for the pool at the front desk); small but efficient fitness centre with towels, water cooler, wall mirrors and TV; good simple breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon, make-your-own waffles, toast, pastries, muffins, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee); front desk staff very helpful; tea and coffee maker in the rooms; mini-fridge in the room; room is very dark when the curtain is closed all the way; good location and easy to find. There is a shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: If there is a long line for breakfast, skip that line and go to the other side of the breakfast room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Super8GPAB, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate when our guests take the time to write a review. We appreciate all comments as they aid us in growth.

Naomi Ducklow

Been to Super 8 Grande Prairie? Share your experiences!