“Loved the hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11633 100th Street | 100th Street, Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 3Y4, Canada   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Free WiFi
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Grande Prairie
“Loved the hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed there for a week and made regular visits to the women's floor. I enjoyed my stay very much. Everything was great from the food to the rooms to the very friendly staff. I will stay here every time I come to GP and will highly recommend it as well,
Thank you for making my stay so pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013
Mark B, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. Very happy to hear that you had such a pleasant experience and were able to take advantage of the Women's Only floor. Glad that you were able to find value in all aspects of the hotel and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

As a group of business professionals we usually stay at another property in Grande Prairie but a couple of my co workers scoped out the Pomeroy and we stayed there the week of June 10-14th. What a wonderful surprise. The General Manager Mark Butler-Jenkins sets the pace of the well mannered awesome staff. Everyone that works there wants to work there....you can just tell. We were welcomed warmly from day one and all the staff there should be commended for excellent service.

A few of the ladies in our group were lucky enough to stay on the Women's Floor and we were treated to our own small work out room and a lounge type area in which crackers and cheese were delivered every night and fruit every morning.

I highly recommend the Pomeroy and I think it will be THE PLACE TO STAY when booking in Grande Prairie.

Kudos to Mark Butler-Jenkins and his team!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us, and we all certainly appreciate your kind words and your recommendation of our facility. The exclusive Women's Only floor has become quite popular and I am glad you were able to experience and see the value in it. We are looking forward to welcoming your group back to Grande Prairie and the hotel for your future visits.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

In town for three nights for a conference and it was a great hotel! Rooms were clean, modern decor, easy to use set up, nice restaurant for drinks, pleasant staff at reception. Stayed on the female only floor and really enjoyed the "serenity now" room with tv, couches, snacks and fridge with an assortment of drinks. Found the floor quiet, relaxing and well kept. Saw the other reviews and did not have any of those issues at all so I am figuring the hotel has addressed these concerns. Room was always made up and cleaned every day I was there and found the room rates reasonable for what I experienced. There are several hotels you can stay at in GP, and there are cheap options but I would come back to this one. Walking distance to the mall with Target, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc. and Tim Hortons is across the street. Wifi worked great.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, the new tower is great and if you are female, the all female floor is very n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review, my team and I are delighted that you were able to find great value and comfort in our newly renovated facility. Our exclusive Ladies Only Floor is very popular and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience it first hand. Great to hear that our services were able to live up to your expectations.
Fort Nelson, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps I've been spoiled with free breakfast in the past but that's what I expected. Stayed in the "new" north tower and the room was small. No extra seating or even a place for your luggage. At least there was a mini fridge and microwave. They have kuerig brewers in your room but powdered cream? Yuck.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. We do have large two room suites available for future visits for you should you require more space than what is provided in our standard guest rooms. Our sister Pomeroy Inn & Suites hotels do provide a complimentary breakfast, however as we are a different brand we don't provide the same continental style breakfast but do have bed & breakfast packages available in which you would have a selection of anything from our breakfast menu in The Office restaurant located on site. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

For about $160 per night. You figure you are gonna have a enjoyable stay at a hotel. Well was I wrong. Stayed 4 nights here. And only got our room cleaned once. Not sure why this happened as we were out of our room by 830am everyday. We seen and even said hello to the housekeeping staff on our floor. After the first day of not having our room cleaned. We down to the front desk to inquire about this. They called the housekeeping staff. And they already went home for the day. And we are not getting our room cleaned because they were extremely busy today! Is what front desk staff told us. So we had to make our own bed and ask for fresh towels. To have someone tell you your room will not be cleaned today cause they are to busy.Is absolutely ridiculous. Went down for breakfast one morning. A waitress seated us. And for 15 minutes no one came to serve us. We had to ask to get served. Yes they did credit us back for 1.5 nights of our stay. And gave us a gift certificate for the restaurant. But that's not the point. You spend the money. You expect good service. We travel all over Canada every year. And this by far was the poorest service we have had for a hotel. I mean we could have spent $70 a night and stayed at the igloo inn across the street. And had better customer service. When we checked out. My bill was not explained to me. I mean with all the credits on there and what not. It was a simple. Here's your bill. Have a nice day. That's it. For a newly renovated hotel. It's a nice hotel. But customer service was bad. Kinda felt. Cause we are two young ppl. That they did not take us seriously with these matters. Like asking us. Did we put the do not disturb sign on the door. And also saying. If we just checked in we won't get room service the same day.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent stay. I can completely understand your frustrations over the poor service you received, however we did do our best to compensate you for our short comings and I am sorry to hear that we were not able to satisfy you. The poor service you received is not the norm for us, and your feedback is helpful in allowing us to adjust our procedures to prevent such future shortcomings. Should you be back in the Grande Prairie area again in the future and would consider staying with us again I would be happy to personally handle your reservation.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had stayed at the newly renovated hotel for a 4 night stay... Upon arrival everything seemed fine however when they ran through my credit card they didn't inform me of what they were doing... We're they charging the card or just running the authorization through?

Next day we had to ask three times for our room to be cleaned as it was 6pm already and our room was still a mess... The front staff said " well we have been really busy today so..." Not the thing an escalated customer wants to hear is that we were not considered as they are too busy? Please give me a break! I could have stayed across the street at the igloo inn for $50 a night and got the same service as I did here!

They did clean the room the next day however come the third night we once again were missed for the maid service. So during all of my stay I only had my room cleaned once ... They tried to fix the situation by giving me one nights stay for free and they SAID the second night would be compt as well but we were only discounted once again another screw up in my opinion , we also got a $50 gift certificate to the hotel restaurant whig really the hotel restaurant bar is the only nice thing I have to say about this place!

The bartender "Luke" was fantastic he gave amazing service and was a pleasure to be around.

While having conversation with other hotels guests at the restaurant bar, one guest said the hotel have him a room that someone was still using!!! He walked into a room that still had someone showering! Could u imagine!!!!!

All in all I wouldn't recommend this hotel for people to stay at , go to the office for sure for cheap drinks and good conversation but even though they gave us discounts on the room and what not it still doesn't make up for the lack of service here! Not impressed in the least!

• Stayed May 2013
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've stayed at this property before and after the renovations and it is so beautiful now. My room on the women's floor was quiet, safe, modern and had wonderful amenities like a keurig coffee maker. There was a fruit and cheese plate in the morning and the bed was so comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we are delighted that you enjoyed our renovated facility and the women's only floor. Looking forward to serving you again in the future!

Been to Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!