“DO NOT STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Inn & Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Paradise Inn & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Paradise Inn & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11201 100th Avenue, Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 5M6, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 20 hotels in Grande Prairie
Edmonton, Canada
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I was looking forward to resting after many hours of being on the road.. Checked in at 9pm and the lady at the front desk said "my associate is still cleaning your room".

I honestly couldn't believe it... If everyone is suppose to check out at 11am and the rooms are suppose to be ready by 3pm to check in and there are only 100 rooms in the hotel.............................

Well im pretty easy going...so after hearing that I just found it very strange. I thought our wait was going to be around 5 to 10 minutes...that wouldn't have bothered me at all.. Our wait turned into 30 minutes........

All I can say is that...this hotel is not worth 100 bucks.. I might pay 30 bucks.... but not 100. And like everyone else said....stinks of smoke!! Pretty much a hotel for rig workers who smoke constantly..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Number27SB, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 29, 2011
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We appreciate your input as it affords us the opportunity of where we can do better. We pride ourselves on service levels which are our primary concern.

Walter Bradley

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Regina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Could not find my reservation on line so I had to get my computer out and guide the front desk gal through everything. And yes I reserved online on their own system.

Not the friendliest of places. Definitey the whole hotel could use a good scrubbing and the beds-bedding are low brow.

Surprisingly quiet and yes...very cheap! That is why I would recommend to a friend. It is cheap and very close to the airport.

Oh yeah...I had to phone downstairs and make it clear to them that it was not me that put the knife holes in the wall. Somebody had thrown a very large knife at the wall many times leaving significant wounds in the wall. These wounds were obviously very fresh as the drywall dust was still on the surfaces and rug. They did not try to blame me however :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Quality Hotel and Conference Centre. We find having this information important to us so that we have the opportunity to improve especially in areas of service. Please accept our most sincere apologies that we left you with a less than positive memory of our hotel and the personal service we take pride in delivering to our valuable guests. I will certainly be speaking with our Front Office Leaders regarding accuracy of reservation as well as our Maintenance Manger regarding the holes in the wall. Thank you again for sharing this and providing us the opportunity to improve. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact le directly at the hotel.

Walter Bradley
Saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I made an online reservation because I normally stay at one of the chain hotels with Choice. However, I will be exceptionally leary the next time I book with Choice Hotels. This place was a complete DIVE. Service upon check-in was not very friendly, the NON-SMOKING room clearly used to be a smoking room, it stunk so bad and was incredibly stuffy, no windows to even open. The air conditioner was super loud and didn't seem to be working at all. MY boyfriend ended up losing his blackberry so we had to go back to the hotel after check-out to search for it. Apparently the maids checked the rooms, he even went up and checked, and he then asked the front desk attendant if they had a lost and found to which she replied "no". He proceeded to call his phone from mine and lo and behold he can hear the phone ringing from the front desk drawer.......bizarre! I don't know if the attendant planned to swipe the phone or why she didn't even bother looking. We got the heck out of there and vowed to never go back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

The ventilation in the room was exceptionally terrible. I do not usually suffer from allergies or breathing problems but within 10 minutes of being in my room I was stuffed up. I ended up getting sick after I left.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Fort Nelson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I was in Grande Prairie on medical and the staff looked after me very well. They were only a phone call away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

Hotel room was nice. Staff was courteous . Only complaints I had are with the business center only being hooked up to a computer without a USB, and with having called the hotel to arrange to have my girl friend enter the room before I got there (late arriving flight). When I got there at 11pm the poor girl was asleep in a chair in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Chetwynd, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

flew in to Grande Prairie late and took the first hotel I could see. It was -38 outside and there is no thermostat in the room, so the room was not even close to being warm. the floor was dirty, the bed was hard and the covers smelled, there was 1 sheet, 1 small blanket and a very thin bed cover. I should have gone to any of the other top chains and I will never make this mistake again. Please avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Liked — there is nothing good to say
  • Disliked — dirty, dingy, cold and very old
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Paradise Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!