“Excellent staff, great price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Grande Prairie

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Grande Prairie to your Saves list
Motel 6 Grande Prairie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   15402 - 101 Street | Exit off Highway #2 at 154 Ave. Intersection, Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V0P7, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Grande Prairie
Edson, Canada
“Excellent staff, great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had to have surgery and they gave us the medical rate! Most places will not do this, I was very grateful as we travelled over four hours to do the operation and with the expense of gas, food and hotel and missing work, I was very relieved to have them offer this!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We Strive to provide exceptional customer service and are pleased to hear that your expectations were met!

Stephanie Blue
Front Desk Manager

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My first trip to Grand Prairie, and it was nice after 100+ miles of dark, snow, and watching for MOOSE to see the familiar blue sign with the red 6.
The staff was more than friendly and helpful. Happy to give a Florida boy some extra blankets.

I only gave "value" a lower rating because ALL hotels in Canada are double the price of the same property in the states. Makes no sense when our dollars have been almost even for a few years now. In any event, it won't keep me from going back!!

• Stayed April 2013
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional customer service and are happy to hear that your expectations were met!

Stephanie Blue
Front Desk Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice room for under a hundred. Heater kept cycling on and off throughout the night (every 2 minutes)...called front desk that night and they said that this wasn't normal (obviously)...front desk said they would have maintenance look at it in the morning. They offered a different room for the night if i wanted to move...i declined as i was settled in and comfortable. I was informed the next morning that unplugging the unit and plugging it back in will reset the unit and fix this problem. Would have been nice if front desk had suggested this as a fix that night...or in hindsight...i had tried this myself...live and learn. Heater issue aside...If i find myself in Grand Prairie needing a place to stay again...I will not hesitate to book myself into Motel 6.

• Stayed January 2013
m65709, General Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. We strive for excellent customer service and customer satisfaction. I am sorry that the front desk staff was unable to help you immediately, however I am glad that this isssue regarding the heater was solved. I am happy to hear that on your future trips to Grande Prairie you will be staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

It's a budget motel. Probably the lowest rate in GP.
Room was clean and quiet, however it was ver small almost claustrophobic.
If you need soap etc, you need to ask for it at the front desk.
If simply want to safe money, it's the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to seeing you gain.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I decided to stay at this hotel after shopping around town for the best rates. I just needed a place to sleep for a couple nights while visiting relatives in town over the holidays. I'm glad I chose this hotel. It was definitely the best rate I got out of shopping around, so I will know next time to stay here. Reserving and checking in with the staff was great, they're so friendly! Even the housekeeping staff were all smiles, much different from other hotels I had stayed at. I also had forgotten to pack a few things but they had everything I was looking for behind the front desk free of charge. The room was were clean, quiet, and comfortable. Even the location was great, I liked how it was out of town a little bit. Overall, I think this is a great place to stay and stop in during a road trip or a visit into town. I will definitely be back again. Thanks again to all of the staff for their help!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
m65709, Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. Here at Motel 6 we strive to provide excellent customer service and customer satisfaction. I will let my staff know that they had a positive impact on your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Motel 6, Grande Prairie
780-830-7744
Yellowknife, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the Podollan for 6 nights and loved it, but thought to save a little money I'd stay elsewhere for the duration of my travels....

I was sscheduled to stay at this hotel for 3 nights for a trial-another 6 if I liked the property. I booked online and showed up and expected. I was told I MUST have a credit card-I was not told this previously when booking.

In print, on the wall it clearly stated that payment could be travelers cheques, interact, credit card, etc which I pointed out to the clerk....apparently in print doesn't cut it/they don't follow Motel 6's policies. Next to the payment print is the identification, drivers license-which is what I provided. I offered to provide a deposit (as I always do with every hotel I stay at) and this was not acceptable. I offered to pay the room cost for the entire duration AND deposit upfront, this too was not acceptable.

Clerk=no help (albeit friendly). Manager...should not be one. Disrespectful and smug-also no help. Subsequently I called Motel 6 corporate and they also called-phone management agent for Motel 6 also spoke with the manager, and no go. The phone agent was lovey, very apologetic and indicated their practices contraindicate what Motel 6 policies are, therefore a formal complain was being initiated.

I travel A LOT...every single month-this is the FIRST time I have been denied service to a hotel-not impressed-will definitely never return to any Motel 6 or the Pomeroy group (as they are apparently a chain/related in some way).

Save yourself the hassel of a motel that is out of the way/outside town and a management group that doesn't follow the hotel chain's policies. Oh, and there is no housekeeping services for Dec 25, 26 or Jan 1st (with no perks/rebates) back to the customer-which may be a consideration for some patrons who require daily service.

On govt' rate, the Podollan is MUCH nice, underground heated parking, realistic policies and competent staff-try there! Congratulations Motel 6-you've just lost another customer and lost potentially a 9 day stay (and all future travel)...was it worth not following Motel 6's policies?

Ps, Motel 6's corporate line was FANTASTIC-very helpful and very courteous. The bad apple may just be in Grande Prairie, not the chain as a whole...?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
m65709, General Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all feedback we receive, both the good and the bad. I was very sorry to hear that your experience with us was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and make your experience as comfortable as possible. It is clear to me that in this specific situation we did not meet this goal, and I can assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to prevent this from happening in the future. Once again, I would like to offer my apologies.

Staff and Management
Motel 6 - Grande Prairie
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I chose this hotel for a quick overnight before catching an early flight so we didn't need any frills. The reviews that the hotel was clean and quiet were what sold me and that is exactly what we got. The bed is comfortable, the room is clean and the hotel was quiet. If you just need to sleep and aren't going to hang out in the hotel at all then this is a good choice. We'll use motel 6 again for sure.

Room Tip: comfy bed and clean rooms