I was originally booked at the Podollan Inn & Spa down the road, but due to a scheduling mix-up (on my end), they were full and relocated me to the Rez. NEVER again.
First impressions - the "check in desk" appears to be the manager's living room. He barely looked up from his desk, and upon asking for restaurant recommendations, he just laughed and said "nowhere good to eat here".
No proper desk at which to do work, just a kitchen table with no lamp or phone. The TV was mounted right above the kitchen table, making it impossible to sit at the table and watch TV.
The bathroom air vent/fan clanked loudly all night long - I complained, but nothing was done about it. So I had to leave on the fan to prevent it from banging - which just replaced one noise with another.
The bedroom window faced a lamppost in mall parking lot, which was very bright - the shutter blinds did not block out the light . A very uncomfortable night sleep
AND - as I was about to go to bed, someone else entered my room!! It was another guest who had been assigned the same room! I was appalled that this mistake could happen! I called to the front desk, who blamed it on the other hotel not properly checking me in. Regardless of whose mistake, no apology was made. I commented again upon check out, and the clerk (a woman this time) basically shrugged and said I should make a complaint to the management. Thankfully the other guest was as startled as me - but this is a severe safety issue!
There was no daily housekeeping -I was not made aware of this. I paid the same rate at this hotel as at the other property, which is a full service property. There should be a lower rate if fewer services are offered.
The kitchen had not been properly cleaned ahead of time- there was still garbage from the previous guest (a full garbage can).
The Good: the room was very big (a suite setup), with complete kitchen, which would be useful for long term stay.
I wont stay here again, and probably not with the Podallan group, if this is a representation of their properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Podollan Inn & Spa is the finest luxury boutique hotel in Grande Prairie. We offer premium amenities, including spacious suites and stunning black tile bathrooms, complimentary secure high speed wireless internet, complimentary deluxe hot breakfast with an egg and omelette station, and complimentary heated and secure underground parking. The Podollan Inn & Spa is a smoke free property. For extended stays, enjoy the comforts of the Podollan Rez-idence, a short drive away, with all the same luxurious amenities and full size stainless steel appliances in premium kitchens. Relax at the end of the day at Jax Grill & Lounge and the award winning L Spa and Wellness Centre, both located at the Podollan Inn & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, T4B and Hotels.com so you can book your Podollan Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Podollan Inn, Suites, Rez Hotel Grande Prairie
- Podollan Inn, Suites, Rez And Spa
- Podollan Inn & Spa Grande Prairie, Alberta