“Great price for an average stay gives 4/5” 4 of 5 stars

You added Vantage Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Vantage Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Parent Way, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 5E6, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
“Great price for an average stay gives 4/5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I spent a week in this hotel last year and enjoyed it. The suite contained a fridge and microwave, large desk for getting work done, and ugly furniture. I slept fine and didn't miss it.

Cleanliness was fine. The continental breakfast was filling but uninspired. Parking was free, as well as the internet, but they didn't have WIFI, just hard connections, which was also fine. The front lobby is small and uninviting. They offered free printing, which was nice.

This is what I call a 'lego' hotel, prefab and utilitarian. It has no soul. Realistically, it's a 2 1/2 to 3 star. However, I got a great price (approx $100/day) so I'm upping the rating because of the great value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Shannon E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to review your stay, your opinions are important to us. I am glad that the rate satisfied you, as we know how expensive Fort McMurray is. I am, however, sad to hear that your stay was only mediocre. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests, which is why this review is very helpful to us.

I am happy to announce that we have made some upgrades this year. We have updated the décor in our lobby, adding new furniture and a fresh coat of warm toned paint, hopefully making it more inviting to our guests. We have also upgraded our internet services to wireless, which is an amenity that we are excited about. We have also upgraded 19 of our suites with stove tops, new flat screen televisions, and a more modern look. In the New Year we also plan on upgrading our other suites to a more modern look. We are also currently looking into expanding our breakfast options.

I would once again like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. If you return to Fort McMurray, I would like to invite you to come and see the new improvements at the Vantage Inn and Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I travel often with my job but this was my first time in Fort McMurray overnight. The beds are old and so is the bedding. I haven't stayed in a hotel that has a "hide the stains" bed spread cover in a long time and was even more disgusted to find a gross beige flannel type blanket underneath it as opposed to a white conforter. I was placed on the main floor in rooms that are open to animals and it smelt like it too, when I requested to move to a different floor/non animal room I was told there were no rooms available. I guess I live and learn and will just have to request a budget increase for hotels when staying in Fort McMurray over night to get the qualitiy I am accustomed to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Shannon E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and bring these concerns to my attention. We should have moved you to another room that would have met your expectation, we let you down and for that I apologize. This is not the level of service we strive to provide. This review will be shared with the entire team and the necessary re-training will take place to make sure our guest needs are taken care of immediately. Our Hotel is scheduled for upgrade plan for later this year, including new bedding. I hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back. Please feel free to call me directly for any future reservations.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I am an independent (female) consultant and was a bit nervous about going to Fort McMurray on my own. I was a little skeptical of the hotel in spite of the good reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was warm, clean and safe seeming. Unlike the other hotel I stayed at the only other time I was in FMM, I didn't feel awkward here about being a girl. In fact, at breakfast there seemed to be several other females staying there too. So if you are looking for a hotel that is girl-friendly, I'd recommend this one.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are probably quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Quiet hotel, but the it stinks! The corridors have a smell of smoke, or something like that, and the rooms also, although it was a non-smoking room. May be because pets are allowed and the cleanliness was not so great. Common continental breakfast. May be could not expect that much for a hotel in a oil city...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

As a previous employee in the hotel industry, I have become quite picky about where I stay. I've stayed in large 5 star chains and barely 1 stars out of the country. I was at the Vantage Inn & Suites in February 2010 and was extremely pleased! The room was immaculate, the staff were super friendly, breakfast was the best continental breakfast I've seen in quite a while and to top it off, the pub, Victory Sports Bar, was great. They have a Wii there that you can use free of charge, several TV's which were great to watch the Olympics and the prices were definitely reasonable...make sure you check out their wing night on Wednesday! All in all, an awesome place to stay in Fort McMurray.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
VantageFortMcMurray, Hotel Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
Thanks Jason for your kind words. I`m glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2006

II felt compelled to write a review as this hotel is outstanding in all ways. I have stayed at most hotels in Fort McMurray, however this was the best. The staff are great! Very friendly and made me feel at home. The rooms are very clean with great beds. my suite at a coffee maker and microwave, however I never used the coffee maker as they serve Tim Horton's coffee in the breakfast room. The free breakfast is great, far better than the other hotels. The room comes with a DVD player and they have a selection of videos for rent I the lobby. I was surprised that the rental is free. Also the internet is free. just ask the front desk for a cord if you don't have one. I spend a lot of time on the road and it was very refreshing to have a good experience for a change!

• Liked — The staff!
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2004

Good property, very clean, new and the staff were outstanding. Stayed October 17 - 22nd, and it had everything I needed at a reasonable rate. The front desk girls were very outgoing and even gave me tickets to a hockey game in town (Oil Barons). Their continental brekfast is the best I have had in a long time. Only down side was they did not have a lounge, but I was told they are putting one in.

Been to Vantage Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!